SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Notasperfectasyou
Notasperfectasyou is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Laws to Protect People with Disabilities

I thought it would be a good idea to have one place here where folks can add references that would be helpful. Here's the first one that sparked my thinking:

[u r l=h t t p://airconsumer.dot . gov/rules/382short.pdf]Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel[/u r l]
This was provided to me by Pam at Air Tran. She's the person in charge of Mobility Device Concerns. I was happy to find out that this issue is important enough to the airlines to have a specific job just for making sure they get this right. Next I'm calling TSA.
Notasperfectasyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notasperfectasyou View Post
I thought it would be a good idea to have one place here where folks can add references that would be helpful. Here's the first one that sparked my thinking:

[u r l=h t t p://airconsumer.dot . gov/rules/382short.pdf]Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel[/u r l]
This was provided to me by Pam at Air Tran. She's the person in charge of Mobility Device Concerns. I was happy to find out that this issue is important enough to the airlines to have a specific job just for making sure they get this right. Next I'm calling TSA.
Welcome.

There is a resource for this info www.DRAFT.org

Air travel has been fine for years. See Air Carriers Access Act for more info . TSA also no problems.

I just don't want to see you cover ground already covered. It's important that you are your own advocate but you need to use your time wisely . Advocacy info can be found there from planes, trains etc.

Last but not least it's all about the ADA.
Our cause will live and die based on it.

All the best.

Be Big,
AMAC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
Notasperfectasyou
Notasperfectasyou is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thanks AMAC.

I found DRAFT very useful. I likely posted prematurely, it's just that I was having a heck of a time finding stuff, so I got very excited when I found something and I wanted to share it right away. I didn't intend to create redundencey.

Ken
Notasperfectasyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default It's all good !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notasperfectasyou View Post
Thanks AMAC.

I found DRAFT very useful. I likely posted prematurely, it's just that I was having a heck of a time finding stuff, so I got very excited when I found something and I wanted to share it right away. I didn't intend to create redundencey.

Ken
I was just trying to save you a few steps.
You are doing the right thing by educating yourself to become your own advocate.

All the best.

Be Big,
AMAC

Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote