SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
ZoliHonig
ZoliHonig is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Photo Fraud in Lebanon

http://www.aish.com/movies/PhotoFraud.asp

(not surprised- however I am surprised that CNN and the BBC don't have a part in this video)
ZoliHonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoliHonig
http://www.aish.com/movies/PhotoFraud.asp

(not surprised- however I am surprised that CNN and the BBC don't have a part in this video)
Zoli,

A great post and a video that all should watch and heed. I've railed about this many times...not only that the press is publishing inflammatory photos but that we, the readers, believe everything we read or see.

You can only imagine the losing battle I'm having with the local press over the same thing. I had a war of words with a local editor after they inverted a photo of a dead child and then zoomed in on it, using it as another example of the horror being wracked by Israel. Unfortunately, they didn't remove the background which showed text written backwards....and then were stupid enough to print it on the same page as the original.

Editor, of course, claimed surprise and then tried to defend his actions when other readers jumped in the fray.

Again, it's sad that the press is complicit in this but it is even sadder that, as Mark Twain said, the readers are so misinformed AND believe it.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote