SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Does anyone know what this means?

Someone decided on Christmas Eve to send me a negative rep point, and this was in the comments section.

I have tried what meager translation matrixes I have, but to no avail...

Someone has gone to great lenghts to try to be cryptic, so if anyone out there can find a translation, or is willing to, I would appreciate it.

Perhaps this person is not a coward at all, but just confused.

FInally, of course, this may be very personal, since I do not know who sent it or why, but that is a risk that I am willing to take, as a personal comment from a person without the integrity to identify themselves has no real value to me.

我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都

Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
FInally, of course, this may be very personal, since I do not know who sent it or why, but that is a risk that I am willing to take, as a personal comment from a person without the integrity to identify themselves has no real value to me.

我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都

Thanks,
Karl,

Wasn't me and I can't read Kanji so I can't help you there. However, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, let them post anonymous negative comments all they want...just don't worry about it.

Most of us know what kind of person you are...and respect you for it.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Seg View Post
Karl,

Wasn't me and I can't read Kanji so I can't help you there. However, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, let them post anonymous negative comments all they want...just don't worry about it.

Steven
I'll second that.

Karl, I don't think your the kind of guy to loose sleep over this. Kick back, blow out your candles and chill.

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #4
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default The fact that you comment about it

May be giving those who are tossing unidentified neg points at you their "jollies."

Karl, any relationship between your commenting on the negative comments, and the neg points themselves?

Say you comment on the point system on 12/23 and then you get neg points on 12/24. I think the points can directly be tied to a specific thread, maybe not a post, so that would at least be a good start. What threads/posts have you gotten positive points for, and what posts have you gotten negative points for?

Karl, also remember that you a person who is very well known in the community, and some might say "out spoken," so you are more visable, thus more open to comment. So at least you know you are being heard, since there are members who are responding, nameless or not.

Maybe we should request that all rep points be cleared as of 1/1/08 and then go from there. Giving everyone a fresh start on the new year!

This point system reminds me of beining in high school, there were always those kids that were popular, then the rest of us! But you look now at the popular kids, they have careers flinging burgers, a mess of kids and are living in a run down trailer park (well at least that was what I saw at my high school reunion.)
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Seg View Post
Karl,

Steven
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
I'll second that.

Karl, I don't think your the kind of guy to loose sleep over this. Kick back, blow out your candles and chill.

Aw shucks... Thanks. I would give you guys points, but I can't. It is really nice to get comments like this. Thank you.

Actually, I appreciate these comments, but would not give rep points for being nice to me. (Although it is human nature for a person to feel more favorably toward a person who is not outwardly hostile than to a person who is...)

I really do not loose sleep over this person, or much of what happens here...

I offer it as a reflection in concert with what Polo is doing. He has stated that he is trying to make this a more friendly and cordial place to hang out. All I am saying is that cheap shots taken out of sight at this forum contributes to the degredation of this forum, and to the fact that people get fed up and leave. Any person here who has been attacked behind the scenes will know what I am talking about...

Some of the posts here are kind of like that smile that you get from the car salesman when you walk in. Some of us are also interested in what is said about us in the showroom, while we are out walking in the lot. That is what is going on behind the scenes, like on the reputations points board...

And Will,

I do know that I paint a big target on myself often. These buzzng little gnats that take cheap shots mean nothing, and I do know it. If you say that I am feeding their need by outing their otherwise secret activities, that may be so, but I do not care. Satisfying the needs of vermin does not rank high on my lists of things to do, so if I incidentally do it, so be it. Outing despicable behaviour ranks higher on that list.

I do appreciate your efforts to have me be more introspective. Your suggesting it has merit to me, because your opinion has merit to me.

I do and did consider my posts, and if I 'went too far' or something like that, but while that is a valid consideration, the bleeting of these cheap shot artists is not.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

It means "I think you're a really great guy but can't work out how to give positive rep points". That's my poor translation.

Seriously, Karl, Will has it right. Don't even give those who dis you the limelight they crave.

If you copy and paste your message into google, it gives something like: "Holy Mother of God and her crazy nephews", or maybe just the latter half??? Of no help but it suggests to me that not only is the person not giving their name, they're using a language which isn't their first. Just guesses though. My reply is also adding to the "jollies" this person might be getting so I'll stop

Keep your upper lip stiff old boy.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

AltaVista-Babel Fish translation offers this when traditional Chinese to English is requested:

"My mother and her crazy sister's sons all"

Old 01-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #8
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default give it a try...we can always turn the rep system off if things get out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
Karl, also remember that you a person who is very well known in the community, and some might say "out spoken," so you are more visable, thus more open to comment. So at least you know you are being heard, since there are members who are responding, nameless or not.

Maybe we should request that all rep points be cleared as of 1/1/08 and then go from there. Giving everyone a fresh start on the new year!
I agree with Will on this. But I'd build on his suggestion with a sticky posting that the moderators MAY reveal anyone giving negative rep points. I happen to know that the moderators can easily determine exactly who makes ANY comment. This may cut down on the sniping that some are concerned about.

My feeling is that long standing respected members (like Karl) will naturally rise in rep. Sure, there may be some folks who sling neg rep occasionally. But I'd like to think that if everyone got in the habit of handing out more pos rep then getting neg rep would only seem like a blip, eh?

Besides if I'm wrong and things get out of hand, the moderators can turn off all rep with just a flick off the switch. So how about it? Zero everyone's rep (including my hard earned points over the last few years), and if by June things haven't turned out like I describe above then we just turn off the rep system? I'd like to see it run "naturally" for a while, but after that I won't care so much if it's turned off.

ps - Again, I reiterate that I think as the system is zeroed, that the moderator should make a sticky describing how to give rep (perhaps just cutting and pasting one of my posts from the Devolution thread) and state clearly that anyone leaving neg pos anonymously runs the risk of being revealed by the moderator.

Last edited by polo_pro; 01-02-2008 at 12:53 AM..
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #9
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation Monster vs Pimp

I don't agree with alot Karl has to say,
BUT I think that to just neg with no reason just to be spiteful is childish and uncalled for.

I added a + to karl's rep as a retaliation of that reprehensible behavior.

I suggest everyone do the same

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:54 PM   #10
citivolus
citivolus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Firefly

I would wager it is from a Firefly/Serenity fan or someone who copied and pasted from a signature somewhere. I can tell you that it is not someone who speaks Chinese. I would guess the original started with "Mother of God" or "Oh my God" but it's pretty far gone. At least they didn't cut and paste 青蛙?#!@&睾丸。 which has to do with frogs and tender regions of the male anatomy.