SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #21
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Ryan, just hang out for a while. The biggest problem with your request is that we don't know you, and that's what John was reacting to. Become an active member of the community - and it's entirely possible something will come up that can be handled via private messaging, rather than asking right out.

Good luck!
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:49 PM   #22
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Thumbs up good vibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
In the interest of improving the "attitude" here at SC, I intend to give 10 posters positive rep every week. I hoping that this encourages other to send a positive message to their fellow posters!

If you want to join me in this effort, I'll appreciate the help in "spreading the joy". And remember to sign your name in the comment, or else your comment while helpful/useful is also anonymous.
paying it forward can be a great way to bring up the good vibes, great plan man. I would give you rep points, but i have to spread the wealth first

-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #23
ryanj0
ryanj0 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Ryan, just hang out for a while. The biggest problem with your request is that we don't know you, and that's what John was reacting to. Become an active member of the community - and it's entirely possible something will come up that can be handled via private messaging, rather than asking right out.

Good luck!
Pam
Thank you Pam and I will try it's just there's only so much I can contribute to the community without actually owning a Segway. Some good news however is that my uncle gave me his old Plasma and surround sound that combined with pretty much all my assets, I should be able to sell then have enough to at least start looking at a Segway. I'd assume that as long as I have some kind of money in exchange John won't get too offended. That's a work in progress but I can assure you that one way or another (doubtful it will be here) I will get it. I can understand if you don't know me and therefore are afraid and respect that. The problem comes when there may be some people out there that genuinely are interested and by closing it down you are telling them they cannot input. Either way I will stick around and comment on what I can for now! I will also keep everyone posted. Thank you all (well most at least) for being understanding and supportive.

Jeremy Ryan

P.S. This isn't the only chat DRAFT chat did it as well it's just that there the admins were a little more rude about it!
ryanj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:22 AM   #24
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
paying it forward can be a great way to bring up the good vibes, great plan man. I would give you rep points, but i have to spread the wealth first
Then give those rep points to someone else! Get in the habit of asking yourself as you read SC if "you're getting caught up in the moment". Sure the post you're reading may not win a Pulitzer Prize...sure it isn't going to win a 2008 Segway Chat Post of the Year award...but it's amusing you, and for that reason alone, give the author some positive rep!

ps - And trust me, karma applies to SC. I've received more positive rep (from anonymous folks...so start signing those comments folks) in the last 2 weeks than I did during the previous half year. I'd like to think my prose has become inspiring, but realisticly, I know that there's a simpler answer. Other SC readers believe the same as me...giving positive rep (and not being stingy) improves the overall tone of SC.
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #25
ryanj0

5 yr Member
Talking Rep points

How do you even give rep points?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #26
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

Look at polo's signature, right above your post.
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #27
ryanj0

5 yr Member
Talking

Oh thanks duh!
Old 12-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #28
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

Default one big step

Quote:
The first week is over, and I've give out positive rep to 11 people! Login, click User CP and check your comments for a comment signed "polo"!!

ps - If nothing's there, don't worry. I'll get to you this week...just post a detailed positive gliding story, and you're sure to get positive rep for your trouble.
Well, another week, another round of pos rep points being given out to everyone. I easily hit my target of pos rep given to 10 people this week. I also noticed something...I was able to give pos rep to folks a second time. So I'm not sure if the restriction on giving positive rep is time related (ie. you must let a week pass before pos rep the same person) or if it's just related to giving rep to lots of other people (ie. "spread around rep points" before giving to the same person...just like the message says)?

Anyways, who here has received TWO pos rep from me? To check just click on "User CP" while you're logged into SC, and scroll down a bit till you see all the rep point comments in the lower right.

ps - One of the best things about this new approach is that I've been able to hand out rep points several times to deserving contributors like bystander, desert_seg, macgeek and JohnM. I hold these folks in high regard, and in the past I've always been frustrated whenever I get the "You've given too many rep points to this person...spread some around" message as I try to give them pos rep. If you find this frustrating too, follow my lead here and start handing out more rep points...it's not like anythings being taken away from you as you do it. There's no reason to hoard them.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:41 PM   #29
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

Quote:
Well, another week, another round of pos rep points being given out to everyone. I easily hit my target of pos rep given to 10 people this week. I also noticed something...I was able to give pos rep to folks a second time. So I'm not sure if the restriction on giving positive rep is time related (ie. you must let a week pass before pos rep the same person) or if it's just related to giving rep to lots of other people (ie. "spread around rep points" before giving to the same person...just like the message says)?

Anyways, who here has received TWO pos rep from me? To check just click on "User CP" while you're logged into SC, and scroll down a bit till you see all the rep point comments in the lower right.

ps - One of the best things about this new approach is that I've been able to hand out rep points several times to deserving contributors like bystander, desert_seg, macgeek and JohnM. I hold these folks in high regard, and in the past I've always been frustrated whenever I get the "You've given too many rep points to this person...spread some around" message as I try to give them pos rep. If you find this frustrating too, follow my lead here and start handing out more rep points...it's not like anythings being taken away from you as you do it. There's no reason to hoard them.
When you give rep points, do you lose some from your profile?

-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #30
polo_pro
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
When you give rep points, do you lose some from your profile?
No. As I said above, you don't lose anything...well, other than your time as you do a kind deed.