SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:45 PM   #11
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Most Outrageous Pimping Award

Awarded to the member posting evidence of the biggest, scariest, custom-made modifications to their Segway. Nominations:
  • macgeek. Pimp My Segway. Need we say more? Examples: 1, 2.
  • KSagal. Monster Segway! Examples: 1, 2.
  • Zorba9. Zorba9's "Wild Thing" has been wild for a while, but thanks to a post by Bystander in July 2006, the evidence of outrageous pimping can be squeezed into this years award. Post.
  • slide4less. Segway of Oakland's custom-designed Segways and accessories continue to amaze! Although the pictures are hosted externally on their SegwayJunkYard website, they've been posted enough on Segway Chat to qualify: Post.
  • glen_d for his charge port flipping alternative. Post.
And the winner is... macgeek.
The runner-up is... slide4less.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #12
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Most Useful Segway Pimping Award

Awarded to the member who posted details of the most useful accessory/modification (not manufactured by Segway). Nominations:
  • Isidore for his post on an I2 aftermarket bicycle product, ideal for attaching to the seg. Thread.
  • joe for his fender extension ideas and templates. Thread.
  • maran747. In in 2005/06, maran747 (Mario Raneses) released his final production version of the SegSeat. Whilst the initial post is outside of the Segway Chat Awards time frame, the actual release of the product wasn't. It is therefore included as a valid nomination. Thread.
  • glen_d for his InfoKey cover idea and templates. Thread.
  • KSagal for his "KETTS", Karl's Enhanced Traction Tyres. No longer available but loved by those lucky enough to get hold of a pair. Thread.
And the winner is... maran747.
The runner-up is... tied between Isidore & glen_d.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #13
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Smile That's all folks!

(Just need to mention that the Members' Choice Award was not awarded due to a lack of votes, but thanks to the few who did place their vote)

It has been fun looking back through the last 12 months of Segway Chat messages. I hope you have enjoyed these awards and I look forward to reading messages posted during 2007.

From all the Judges, happy new year to all.

Keep on gliding!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:41 PM   #14
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
(Just need to mention that the Members' Choice Award was not awarded due to a lack of votes, but thanks to the few who did place their vote)

It has been fun looking back through the last 12 months of Segway Chat messages. I hope you have enjoyed these awards and I look forward to reading messages posted during 2007.

From all the Judges, happy new year to all.

Keep on gliding!
Well I'd just like to say a big thanks to Sal, Wil, Florin and Gareth for all the hard work they have put in. Well done guys, and maybe you'll be taking some awards if it all happens again next year.

I guess there'll be a seperate thread for the acceptance speeches.

Just like to say a Happy New Year to all who help put SC together, work behind the scenes and moderate it etc. A big thank you.

Not forgetting a Happy New Year to all SC members.

Nick
nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:08 PM   #15
Florida Ever-Glides
Florida Ever-Glides will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Thank you everyone who voted for me.... Prior to the nomination I had never heard of the word 'curmudgeon'. But, I'll take whatever is given to me.

Thanks guys....
Old 12-31-2006, 04:06 PM   #16
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I think everyone needs to give Rep points and accolades for the awards to Gareth, he put in the most time in this effort. His posts were timely, informative, and quite thorough.

Thanks Gareth!

-Sal
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:34 PM   #17
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

This was GREAT!!!!
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #18
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Red face Wow!!!

I have never been nominated for so many awards, and to win for best pimp, brings a great smile to my face -- Thank you all for the nominations and the votes...

YO Adrianne! I DID IT!!!!!

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #19
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up Winners Can Now

Add a line to their signatures denoting that they are recipents of the Segway Chat Awards 2006 for their respective category.

Congrats to all who were nominated, and thanks to everyone who posts on Segway Chat! Keep doing it!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #20
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Wink Hows This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
Add a line to their signatures denoting that they are recipents of the Segway Chat Awards 2006 for their respective category.

Congrats to all who were nominated, and thanks to everyone who posts on Segway Chat! Keep doing it!

how does this look?

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote