SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #141
aviators99
aviators99 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

New i2 owner here! I'm currently in the Bellevue, WA area, but travel back and forth between there and the Miami, Florida area. The i2 is in Washington, so this is where I'll be using it over the next year or 2 until I leave this area to return to Florida for good. I bought it yesterday (7/28), and have been gliding around non-stop for the last 24 hours. I feel pretty expert at this point, thanks especially to reading as much as I could on this forum before I made the purchase, and having ridden a couple of times on other people's before. So far everyone has been very nice to me, cyclists included. I intend to play a lot of polo, and got some practice in when I was in the bay area this past week.

Now I have to figure out how to tell my wife :-( (she's in Miami for the next 3 weeks).
Old 07-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #142
Nospin
Nospin is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Coeur d'Alene off-roading

I purchased an X2 last month to try out on some back country roads and trails. It is not an ATV by any means but is surprisingly capable on rough forest roads and mountain bike trails. At 74 I find it challenging but after learning to read the trail ahead, not daunting. Not having been properly indoctrinated, "gliding" just doesn't spell it out for me...maybe "scrambling" or "crawling". Low ground clearance and limited range are my only adverse feelings. I am looking forward to hunting with it later this fall. Game is surprisingly unspooked by the X2. I have had no problems with it and, IMHO, it is well designed and rugged. And a thank you to Rick Bennett at Segway of Corvallis.
C
Old 07-31-2007, 02:14 PM   #143
jctx
jctx is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New x2

I got a new x2 a week ago. My main interest is increased mobility. I have arthiritis in my back and knees and can't walk more than short distances without a lot of pain.
My big problem right now is how to transport it. I have a Toyota Camry and don't think I can get the x2 in the trunk. My wife and I are taking a trip in early September to visit National Parks in Wyoming, Colorado and Montana. I hope I don't have to make this trip in my pickup but may have to if I can't find someway to haul it with my car.
Does anyone have any experience with the Segway Hauler? Is it a satisfactory device? What other options are available?
Oh, I live in southern Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #144
glenn@3cats.com
glenn@3cats.com is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

SegChat name = glenn@3cats.com

Purchase March 24, 2oo7

X2 with turf tires (no golf racks)

Location = N.E. Pa - Poconos

Use = fun, zip back n from to my garage 3oo' away sometime 20 times a day and advertising gimic for our ice cream stand.

Also I moded a 4'X4' kit trailer in order to transport with easy load n un load the X2. Since this I have had the Seg at 2 air shows n one antique engine show so far. Seg got just as much attention as the show items did.

I am just finishing up a safety stand for my X2 since I hated leaning it down or up against something.

I recently purchased 2 sets of LED bicycle head light n tail lighst so I now enjoy a dusk glide from time to time.

Seems no other privatly owned Segs in my area so getting somewhat tired of solo glides all thie time.

Lot of my Segway fotos at:

http://www.3cats.com/SW01.htm

Aloha, Glennnnnnn
Old 08-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #145
jlipsit
jlipsit is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile New i2 in Boynton Beach, FL

Unit: i2 Commuter Package
Date: August 4, 2007
Reason: Just for fun

I just bought a single i2 unit to tool around (glide) the neighborhood. I would really like to take it to the local grocery store and home depot to pick up small items, rather than taking the car. Any experience with others driving into Home Depot or Grocery stores? I really would not want to have to park it out front.

I'm a huge fan of Dean Kaymen and all his work and lifestyle and am a big beliver in the Segway - so I though getting one would help promote it's use even though I can't use it to commnte to work.

It sure is crazy that with all the technology and effort that went into the product and after being introduced for several years that INC has not developed a kick-stand.

I'm also hoping the Segway Hauler for the i2 will be available soon. It appears this has been "Coming Soon" on the INC web site for over a year.

Take Care,

Jim
Old 08-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #146
BillK
BillK will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I have never had any problems taking it into ANY store.
That said - your two specific examples would give me pause because wet concrete (Home Depot) and wet formica/tile are VERY slick and you will find both in your stores.
My opinion only,
Bill
Old 08-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #147
Llarry
Llarry is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I've been using mine for short errands around locally. I have a decent chain/lock, so I don't mind locking it up out front of stores. The local game store has an area just inside the door where they have shelves for backpacks, and I'll stand it there, but that's mainly because of how long I'm likely to hang out in the store. First time I went up there after getting it, the owner insisted I glide around inside...

"I don't know who decided that a good way to sell products and services would be to shove unwanted software onto people's computers surreptitiously, but on the off chance those people are reading this, hey, best of luck with that eternal damnation thing..." -- Joe Sheehan
Old 08-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #148
siedwheeler
siedwheeler is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New here!

Hi All !
Got my Husband a Segway after he could no longer keep up with me and the Dogs on our walks/hikes. My Husband has M.S.. I had seen a couple around town, and so I went on line to find the Segway and found OFF ROAD SEGWAY ! Perfect for us as we mostly like to hike off road trails and the Beach. So off to the local Segway dealer in town to try one on (what luck we have one close in Bellingham Washington) . It has been the best thing ever ! We go on Hike/Glides in the neighborhood , off road adventures and on the Beach here.Rolls right out the front door and we're off !We took it from Washington through Yellowstone, Montana and South Dakota on the Back of the Car(which draws folks to get right up on you to try and figure out what it is). And we have even herded cattle with the Seg ! YEEHAW ! And My Dog's love it too ! I can wear out my 60 lb terrier as she LOVES to have a good run beside it, we call her "Segway Sally" now lolol.
Glad To Meet You !
Old 09-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #149
Dave Bittner
Dave Bittner is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Got my Segway!

Thanks to Will Hopper and Dick Segar from Segway of Annapolis, I'm the proud owner of a new I2! I'm looking forward to making the transition from driving to segging to and from work, and just having a blast on the thing.

This community has been a tremendous resource. Many thanks to everyone here.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #150
Rescue3
Rescue3

5 yr Member
Smile New i2 Owner

Howdy. After having the i2 fever for awhile, I finally traded the trusty old i167 in today for a brand new, shiney i2. I got to see and help the dealer take it out of the box and put it together. I felt like the daddy of a new born!!

The new lean-steer technology is fun but definitely something that I'll have to practice to get used to.

Bronson
Dover, Tennessee
Closed Thread