SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
leeoulton
leeoulton is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile Error 205 ??

Hi all, this is my first post.

I am getting error 205 on my X2 and it is now unusable. (less than 2 months old)

Does it need fixing or can I do something myself? I changed the batteries around, charged them, etc... the usual stuff!!

any help would be great,

regards
leeoulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Most (all?) Gen II error codes are four digits. If it's E205, it apparently translates to: "The CU A is reporting a sensory fault (BSA DRIFT FAULT", meaning one of the controller boards thinks the balance assembly is telling lies.

Or, it might be "The Rear CU Board reports: Power base fault"., meaning that it is broken and Segway won't say why.

Both meanings of E205 have been posted here. Segway won't release their list of error codes, and dealers (who visit this forum regularly) also refuse to do so. Either they are bound by non-disclosure (although they could SAY THAT), or they don't have the error codes themselves, or perhaps they think it's good business not to divulge error codes.

In any case, those who have had E205 have needed repairs from either their dealer (if they are skilled enough), or the mother ship. Get in touch with your dealer. The machine is still under warranty.

Last edited by Civicsman; 04-17-2012 at 02:06 PM..
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I agree that, as Civisman reported, the error code E205 is as he described. I can't offer a more detailed explanation of what the error code indicates. I had the same fault on one of my older machines in 2008 and I used to feel it veering to one side a little before getting an emergency shutdown. It needed a return to the service centre (Germany for UK sourced machines) for some replacement electronics but for warranty matters Segway UK will arrange collection from you, forwarding to Germany and return.

From my experience of two warranty repairs, turnaround in Germany is very quick (in 2008 the machine was turned round in 3 hours!) The longest delay is 2 days in transit in each direction.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Rusty Butrusty
Rusty Butrusty is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeoulton View Post
Hi all, this is my first post.

I am getting error 205 on my X2 and it is now unusable. (less than 2 months old)

Does it need fixing or can I do something myself? I changed the batteries around, charged them, etc... the usual stuff!!

any help would be great,

regards
I feel for ya, bro.

Good gliding weather is just around the corner here in Danksville.

You unfortunately, are the first I've read about having this problem on an X2.
(Probably more but I'm a slow reader)

I have an '11 model X2 myownself and haven't incurred any problems yet (knocking on wood, profusely) other than never riding a Segway before and an occasional red light flicker when charging the batteries. That hasn't happened since last summer and both problems were easily remedied.

Guess I'm just growing old also, cuz I find any temp below 65*F and cloudy diminishes my FUN!!

Seems like Segway has their error codes stored in the same vault as the original formula for Coca Cola.

Good luck with your machine!!
Rusty Butrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
Gliderat
Gliderat is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

E205 = BSA Drift Fault
Gliderat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #6
comparableness
comparableness is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I saw this fault once. My Segway X2 was lying down and turned off. I tilted it upright while turning it on - makes sense this rotation at startup would cause a gyro drift fault.
comparableness is offline   Reply With Quote