SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
clark-n-ator
clark-n-ator is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New member...still smiling

Wow.. I got my Segway in June 2007 and started commuting to work three days a week by September. The one way distance is 4.4 miles through the inner city of Pittsburgh. I love it! You might be asking why only three days and why wait s many months before committing to practical gliding? The short answer is I learned to transfer from a wheel chair to the Segway and then built confidence I could do the daily adventure. I have a wheel chair at home and then one at work. Life is great!

Today I am just 5 miles short of 400 total on my I2. The weather only stops me when there is snow/ice. Cold and rainy days are not a problem... just more clothes. I wear a helmet and safety vest plus use active and passive lighting. I find so many interesting places in Pittsburgh to ride: these range from the small ethnic communities to the 4 large city parks with hiking and bike trails.

Recently I took a Segway tour in Sarasota. The experience was fantastic. I learned about the town and enjoyed being in a chain of Segway riders. Tom provides a lot of details of Sarasota's past residents, homes, and botanical rarities. Now I want to take other tours like the Alamo or Washington D.C on the Segway. For me, the technology motivates me everyday to explore.

Well... that's my intro to this forum. I look forward to viewing posts and asking questions.

Cheers!
clark-n-ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Welcome! It's great to hear you're making progress with your Segway. I find my wife and I can do things that we hadn't for years. What a GREAT invention.

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote