SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 12-06-2002, 01:42 PM   #1
GyroGo
GyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to all

5 yr Member
Default Segway Rental

It is time again to put out some feelers. I am really quite mystified by the low interest shown in the past, but as the future is now upon us, it is time again.

Who is interested in getting into the Segway Rental business? Lots of ideas here.

Please either post here or email me at XXXX(Edited Out)

I've collected a few names already, but am looking for some serious interest. I hope no one thinks this spam, it's a movement to push the industry further.

EDIT:
Please note that since this thread was started, I opened www.SegCenter.com and can be reached at info@segcenter.com

Thanks, Gary
GyroGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 01:49 PM   #2
Casey
Casey is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Gary, discussing business opportunities in a general manner does not look like spam to me. Actually soliciting buyers and/or offering something for sale is another story.

Also links directing members to a sales site would fall into the spam catagory.

I think most people know the difference between a discussion and soliciting. And I hope everyone will show us their respect by not spamming this site.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 01:59 PM   #3
emanresu
emanresu

5 yr Member

That was the first thing I thought of- Typical rental outfits could rent to folks on large jobs to supervise or run parts, etc. And then there's the whole liesure thing, jaunts around Hilton Head or Yellowstone, you name it. I'm thinking rental would be right around 65 bucks a day, payback in 66 days. Did I do the math right?
emanresu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:50 PM   #4
BBBix
BBBix

5 yr Member

Wow, good idea. If there is anyway that I can get in on it, let me know.

Bill B.

lbjscooter@yahoo.com
BBBix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 06:38 PM   #5
JosephM
JosephM

5 yr Member

Disney Parks could rent them out or other high tourist destinations. I'm still too young, but keep positing here to keep me/us updated.

Visit our FIRST Help Boards at http://tucker.helix-designs.com//index.php !!
JosephM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 09:00 PM   #6
Eddie
Eddie

5 yr Member

First places, small islands. Aruba, Nantucket, Key West, etc. Great idea, bikinis, Segways, bikinis, topless beaches, pina coladas, bikinis, well you get the picture. :-)
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 07:05 PM   #7
GyroGo
GyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by emanresu

That was the first thing I thought of- Typical rental outfits could rent to folks on large jobs to supervise or run parts, etc. And then there's the whole liesure thing, jaunts around Hilton Head or Yellowstone, you name it. I'm thinking rental would be right around 65 bucks a day, payback in 66 days. Did I do the math right?
Targeting the leisure market. 65*66=$4,290 a bit short of the current price of the model available. The rental price would depend on a number of factors, the Segway unit price just one of those.

Anyone with a serious interest, please contact me at natoUSA@aol.com
Bill, you've been added to the list, Thank You.

www.StirlingInfo.com
GyroGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 10:44 PM   #8
BBBix
BBBix

5 yr Member

My question is security.......I am not sure how many will be willing to put up 5k in callateral. What I think would be neat would be a gps tracking system (not hard, just need to find a way to permanetly mount it) and a key that only can be used x times.....that way, people would be less inclined to steal it because their keys would be rendered useless. Maybe there could be a lock that covers the charging jack......

What about places to rent them? Parking garages would probably turn out big buisness as would convention centers. What about some sort of a competition arena....who could ride 300 ft the fastest or negotiate a obstacle course the quickest...

Just a few thoughts,

Bill B.
BBBix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:40 AM   #9
JosephM
JosephM

5 yr Member

I was thinking not giving them a key at all. Just a one boost and that should last them 30 mins. But if they want to do it the whole day, then $5 in colladeral is needed. All you need to do is give them your credit card number and then that's covered.

Visit our FIRST Help Boards at http://tucker.helix-designs.com//index.php !!
JosephM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 03:37 AM   #10
Blinky
Blinky

5 yr Member

Quote:
quoteisney Parks could rent them out or other high tourist destinations. I'm still too young, but keep positing here to keep me/us updated.
Well, if Disney does get start their renting of Segways it would be a good idea to start a business right outside the Disney Park gates and rent the Segway's out for a cheaper price than they do.

To even do the same with all types of theme parks and locales that require long walks for parents, etc.

How long would one have to do this to make it a profitable business? Disney could do this just to cover their costs initially. They can charge whatever they want with all the capitol they bring in with the other parts of their business. How do you compete? I would like to hear ideas..
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote