SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:24 AM   #1
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up Mounting Kerbs: Everyday Approach v1.0 (e167 vs 3 inch kerb)

Old 09-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

You really enjoy letting go of your e167, don't you?

I was on some nice soft grass yesterday (I'd just taken off my daughter's training wheels). So I let go of my i2, just to watch what would happen (I realized I'd never done it before).

It did the expected, of course. I don't suppose you need a caveat of "don't let go if you don't have an e167"?
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Ha ha! You didn't see the out-takes. On the dismount kerb section - it took 3 or 4 attempts to let go in the right place because the pavement on the kerb edge dips slightly. This means the e takes its time to enter e-stand mode and balances dangerously close to the edge.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

You know, 3", the seg will climb that... You have a helmet on, give it a try... 1 MPH, bend your knees, jump just a little and up it will go...

Never try anything taller unless you're on an X series. You should see what Steve Steinberg of "Segway of Oakland" fame can do!

Just make sure you are filming it when you practice... Oh and if (when) you fall - roll.

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Holy cow. Ok, I know what you're trying to do, but if I had ever seen that video before buying my Segway, I think I seriously would have reconsidered just because you've made it look so dang freekin' time consuming.

Show me how to do it almost without breaking stride.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:20 AM   #6
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quade - It's a little slower on an e-series. Okay, I probably could have done it a little quicker - especially once in PA mode, but if I demonstrated on a regular i series in riderless balance mode, then it would be much smoother and quicker. I don't have any other machine at the moment but some people have offered in another thread to either film it for me or loan me access to a machine.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #7
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
You know, 3", the seg will climb that... You have a helmet on, give it a try... 1 MPH, bend your knees, jump just a little and up it will go...

Never try anything taller unless you're on an X series. You should see what Steve Steinberg of "Segway of Oakland" fame can do!

Just make sure you are filming it when you practice... Oh and if (when) you fall - roll.
Jeff - I know! I like the "roll if you fall" advice though. 1 mph might be a bit slow though.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

I saw your other video after I had posted. This is good stuff, thanks for taking the time. You might want to add a link to your site from the WIKI.

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up Slightly faster - just for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by quade View Post
Holy cow. Ok, I know what you're trying to do, but if I had ever seen that video before buying my Segway, I think I seriously would have reconsidered just because you've made it look so dang freekin' time consuming.

Show me how to do it almost without breaking stride.

Still, everyday or advanced approach is miles quicker.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:53 AM   #10
homey
homey is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

i must be twice your age and i wouldn't have even slowed down for that first crack in the pathway you are an embarrassment to the cause. is this really how you guys navagate those i2's? and who spells Curbs with a K anyway. if you really can't bend your knees a little and hop that with those little wheeled ones then do what i do when i take the upside of a real mans curb. spin around on approch, back in and step off on the high ground. drag the seg up under it's own power. step back on and spin again with a little style and don't let people see you looking like that... it's really bad pub for Segway. do one more vid and do it right, if not just drive full throttle into that cactus patch for me please.

geeez dude... is that nitro glycerine in those tankers or what
ROFL

Last edited by homey; 11-01-2009 at 03:04 AM..
homey is offline   Reply With Quote