SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
yosgof
yosgof is a glorious beacon of lightyosgof is a glorious beacon of lightyosgof is a glorious beacon of lightyosgof is a glorious beacon of lightyosgof is a glorious beacon of lightyosgof is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member
Thumbs up Segway Tour in Bangkok, Thailand

For a while now I was looking for an opportunity to take a tour with Thailand Segway Tours (http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com) and this was my opportunity. While arranging the tour I learned that Jeff Jarvis, known to us as Stewbonz, no longer owned the business and now it is run by Mr. Beat Frey.

I was traveling with a colleague and we decided to take a tour of the Bangkok Ancient City. This site is on the outskirts of Bangkok and takes about an hour to drive to. Early in the morning (7:30AM) we were picked up by Beat, took a ride on the Sky Train to the Segway Tours office and from there driven to the site.

The Ancient City is a marvelous site, located on lots of brooks, ponds and water ways. It is full of Thai traditional architecture, temples, sculptures, boats and much other stuff. It is huge and the roads in between the various sites are covered with perfectly smooth asphalt making it an absolutely perfect gliding site.

After a short training for my colleague we went gliding and were gliding for about 3 hours. Our tour guide was the lovely Miss Ann. The tour included stopovers for walks in the various sites, pictue taking, drinks and a lovely stroll ( on foot :-) ) through the very interesting traditional Thai floating market.

Here is a picture of the lovely Miss Ann with my colleague.

This tour absolutely made our day. I would like to thank the guys at Thailand Segway Tours, Beat and Ann and would like to recommend this tour to everyone going to Thailand – this is an absolute must!

After the tour we had lunch with Jeff. It is always a pleasure to finally meet face to face a person you’ve been exchanging postings and e-mails with and this was no exception. Jeff is an outstanding fellow and he told us many amazing stories about the local culture and other stuff – Thanks Jeff!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Used to walk, now I glide

Segway - Go Green with a Grin!

Last edited by yosgof; 08-19-2006 at 01:21 PM..
yosgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Stewbonz
Stewbonz will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Yossi,
That was nice of you to take the time to meet up.
I'm always happy to hear reports that Mr. Frey is doing a good job with my Bangkok Segway Tour.
And the Thai lunch with you, Oren, my guides, Miss Ann and Miss Ju was super too.

Over the last 3 years I've had quite a few SegChat friends stop in Bangkok and take the Segway Tour.

Even though I sold the business last winter, I still like to meet my SegwayChat pals, so look me up when planning a trip this way.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stewbonz is offline   Reply With Quote