SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 11-25-2003, 07:58 PM   #1
Blinky
Blinky

5 yr Member
Default Owners' Roll Call (Archive Only)

[u]Early Segway Adopters!</u>
Let's keep a running list of new Segway owners here. If you are a new Segway HT owner, place your SegwayChat name, city/state, date/time (include time zone) and print number (date/time of return confirmation email from Amazon.com) of purchase, a quick quote how you will be using/riding your Segway, and your Segway personal website or *BLOG (if you've got one).

*SegwayChat hosts personal website/blogs (journals) for any SegwayChat member that requests one. Email me at: segwaychat@segwaychat.com with you SegwayChat member name and state you would like to start a blog.

We will be monitoring this thread and updating THIS post. Just post your info and we will add it to this post.

If you aren't a SegwayChat member, what are you waiting for? Register Here

TOTAL SEGWAY HT OWNERS: 718

Welcome newest member Ahoy / Villa Park, CA!

TOTAL CONTEST WINNERS: 9/30

Winners of the Early Delivery Contest (EDC) are in red. (Thanks Cosmo for the suggestion.) I apologize if I missed anyone. Please send me an email and I'll be sure to make the changes.
[list][*] GlideMaster / Chicago, Il. 11/18/2002 06:35:56AM CST Print # 1050
Quote:
quote:"Just wanted to state that mine will be used to go back and forth to work now and then. Also to run errands in my neighborhood. I also want to take it out west when I go skiing, it would help in getting around not in skiing."
<div align="right">Website: http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/weskifm</div id="right">[*] Greenbean / (no location) 11/18/2002 07:10AM Print #324
Quote:
quote:no quote...
[*] 4Segway / St. Louis MO 11/18/2002 7:46AM CST Print #380
Quote:
quote:"Plan to ride the Segway to many sporting events and happenings in the downtown St. Louis area. Living and working here makes Segway ideal for almost any commute."
<div align="right">Website: http://www.stlsegway.com/</div id="right">[*] Sleepy / Santa Clara, CA 11/18/02 10:02AM PST Print #340
Quote:
quote:"I don't really have a need for a Segway, and I'm
still going to use my car to commute to work (7 miles away). So my gliding will pretty much be limited to going to the grocery store or cafe down the street, and maybe on the golf course if the kick stand doesn't get too annoying. But the Segway is a cool piece of technology, and I like to support stuff like that."
[*] Lazarus / Western Massachusetts 11/18/2002 12:24PM EST Print #760
Quote:
quote:"I plan to use my Segway to eliminate the awkwardness and stumbling caused by multiple sclerosis. I plan to use it to grant me the grace of movement I think I would have if not for the ms!"
[*] Paddleboy / Kailua Kona, Hawaii 11/18/2002 1:58PM HST Print #847
Quote:
quote:"Cruising around town and giving rides to the tourists. "
[*] Jameskk / Spartanburg, South Carolina 11/18/02 4:14PM ET Print #845
Quote:
quote:"I plan to have fun getting around my neighborhood at first.. but sure to find practical uses over time."
[*] Brooster / Chicago, Il. 11/18/02, 9:39pm CST 11/18/2002 Print #1869
Quote:
quote:"A great Christmas gift from LadyBroo! If it proves practicable, I may use mine to commute to work in downtown Chicago one day. In the meantime, I'm going to use it for short errands, visiting friends, and exploring neighborhoods of Chicago that I'd otherwise probably never visit in a car. It'll be a great way to get to know my city and its people in a whole new way. We'll put it in the back of the car when we're camping, or just visiting state parks for a day. I've often been on hiking trails and wondered ... if I'd had just a little more time, what I might see around that next bend. I may use it to find an out-of-the-way fishing hole. As time goes on, I'm sure I'll find all sorts of neat applications. I can't wait! "
[*] RAG1247 / FT. Lauderdale, Fl 11/18/2002 & 11/27/2002 Print #1339 and #2107
Quote:
quote:will use for short trips to downtown and also maybe take on boat when going to places such as bimini bahamas, etc
[*] Steve1501 / Nashville 11/18/2002 8:36 CST Print #979
Quote:
quote:"I am a bankruptcy attorney in Nashville, and my plans are to use the Segway to get back and forth from Court. The Court Officers (US Marshals) have said that I can park it at their station right before I walk through the metal detector. It was really nice of them to agree to do that."
[*] Drucilla / Fort Worth, TX 11/18/2002 9:16AM Print #1001
Quote:
quote:"Like most of us,I have waited a year for the opportunity to purchase this wonderful machine and the time drug by like a glacier over tundra..I don't know how i will get past the next three months before they begin to ship...congrats to everyone who has ordered so far.."
[*] Lookforward / Los Angeles, CA Print #1274
Quote:
quote:I'm here in los angeles, california, where i'll be zipping around my neighborhood and the beautiful old buildings in downtown l.a.--"...a crowded metropolis begging for better transportation options"
[*] Tlane / Minneapolis, MN 11/20/2002
Quote:
quote:"Plan on using it daily on two commute routes in Minneapolis. A seven mile loop & a 9 mile r/t."
[*] J10 / San Diego, CA 11/26/02 Print #2339
Quote:
quote:I bought a Segway as my contribution to help pull us all a little closer to a better way of living.
[*] Wayne / Minden, La. 11/24/02 Print #1687
Quote:
quote:"Plan on using Segway Chariot to ride at work and take to the drag races to ride around in the pits. And just to give my neighbors something to talk about."
[*] Hodgepoj / Dallas, Tx 11/25/02 10:58AM CST
Quote:
quote:"As I said in my contest essay, I plan two primary uses for my machine: as part of an exhibition on the history of wheels at our hands-on science museum, and to enable my wife (who suffers from COPD) to travel outside the house without getting short of breath."
[*] Cosmo / Los Angeles, CA 11/28/02 10:28 PT Print #2381
Quote:
quote:"Initially I plan to use my HT for fun and cruising in the SoCal sun "
[*] Emanresu(John) / Kingsport, Tennessee 11/29/02 8:30 CST
Quote:
quote:"I'm going to zip around the jobs I do in my landscape and Irrigation business- saving energy for the actual work!"
[*] Flashgoirl and pt / Seattle, Washington 11/18/2002 at 10:43 PST Print #628
Quote:
quote:"plan to ride it anywhere they'll let me "
<div align="right">Website (pt): http://www.bookofseg.com</div id="right"><div align="right">Website (flashgoirl): http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/flashgoirl</div id="right">[*] axiotek / Boston, Il. 12/04/2002 Print #2222
Quote:
quote:"Can't wait to take delivery. Now I have more choice in my mobility between bike, public transit, feet and Seg (in no particular order), since I don't own a car."
<div align="right">Website: http://www.segwayboston.org/</div id="right">[*] Sailor / Oakland, CA 12/04/2002 10:25PM PST Print #2307
Quote:
quote:My Segway will be used mainly for commuting. Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) won#8217;t allow bikes on their morning trains through San Francisco, so the Segway was the only reasonable alternative. I estimate it will save 121 hours of commute time year for me.
[*] RobbW / Santa Clarita, CA. 12/05/2002 Print #2147
Quote:
quote: "I was worried about leaving my car at the train station because it has a lot of gear in it so I am driving 90 miles RT every day from Santa Clarita to Downtown Los Angeles. The Segway will allow me to leave my car at home and travel the 3 miles to the train from my house, and the 4 blocks in LA to my job! After doing the math, I found that the Segway will pay for itself over the life of my auto loan!"
[*] Sidsway / Atlanta, GA. 11/18/2002 Print #910 10:42AM EST
Quote:
[*] Frank A. Tropea (ftropea-SegwayChat Admin)/Brooklyn, NY.12/12/2002 9:10:39 PM EST
Quote:
quote:"I'm not only SegwayChat.com's Admin, I'm also a client!"
<div align="right">Website: http://www.SegwayChat.com</div id="right">[*] Ron / Falls Church, VA. Print #2319
Quote:
quote:"Think the next 3/4 months is going to kill me....is there any out there from Va.???"
[*] Halon / Mt. Laurel, NJ. 11/18/2002 11:00PM EST Print #977
Quote:
quote:"I plan on using my segway for the short trips to my local convince stores, and possibly for neighborhood watch my community will be starting in the near future."
[*] Alan Travis / Phoenix, AZ. 11/19/2002 6:54PM Print #734 & Print #2166
Quote:
quote:"95 % of the reason I purchased my SEGWAY was for the chance to meet Dean Kamen and see his house and operation. I have been a Type A , student of engineering for most of my 48 years and I enjoy complex mechanical devices. I will let my Sony AIBO ride my Segway. Thanks for creating this forum."
[*] Paulding / Medford, Massachusetts 11/18/2002 9PM EST Print #664
Quote:
[*] Jgassor / Lake Forest, CA. 11/19/2002 2:13PM PST Print #1354
Quote:
[*] Deviant / Houston, TX 12/7/2002 Print #1837
Quote:
quote:I had told my wife before about the area code, day of week, and time of my expected call (lots of SC research), so when we saw it on the CallerID, we knew. She listened in and said that it sounded as if I had been running. I don't recall being so nervous/excited before - I really was shaking. Now, more waiting until my January visit.
[*] Stevew / San Francisco peninsula 12/11/2002 Print #1879
Quote:
quote:El nino has kicked in big time in California! Just wish Segway's poster shipping container was as waterproof as the Segway itself. Will use my HT for trips around hilly Belmont, CA., about 30 miles south of San Francisco. Now awaiting that training schedule, May fly to LA if it gets me rolling sooner.
[*] Phil / Pass Christian, Mississippi Print #1577
Quote:
quote:Will use the Segway to move around town, the mall , etc really interested in the tech of it
[*] Jwood / Portsmouth, NH
Quote:
[*] Wheelie / Villa Hills, KY 11/18/02 9:50AM Print #350
Quote:
quote:"I plan to use the Segway HT to make the one-mile trek to my mailbox everyday. Sensing that my dog is worried about the possible loss of our walks together, I am teaching him to "wheel" instead of "heel" (at a very safe distance, of course)."
[*] JJstafford / (no location)
Quote:
quote:I had changed my lifestyle such before the Segway was invented that I don't really need it - but it's such a beautiful bit of technology that I thought rationalized ordering one by considering that it might be useful in our old age. I'm only 57. -- I thought my rather radical mother (only 80) might use it. No. She's a real walker. -- What touched me the very most in this thread was the comment from the individual with MS. I'd gift mine to someone with MS and such motivation. Bless you.
[*] Paulding / Medford, MA 11/18/2002 Print #644
Quote:
[*] Stutoonz / Rose Valley, PA 11/19/2002
Quote:
quoteidn't win the contest, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit to rec'v my Segway. I'm 71 and looking forward to riding my Segway around Rose Valley, PA (near Phila.) and taking it down the seashore to our summer home and riding it there on errands and just for fun!
[*] pam / Niceville, FL 12/02/02 8:42AM Print #2215
Quote:
quote:"I'll use it to go back and forth to work, the library and the store - and maybe, just maybe, let others try it out <G>. Hey, I"m on Frank's video!
"
<div align="right">Website: http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/pam</div id="right">[*] Terryp / Kenmore, WA(Seattle area) Print #973
Quote:
quote:"I have an ideal commute for the HT - 6.5 miles of paved bike trail. I usually make the trip on a recumbent, but will now have an alternative. I can travel horizontally or vertically! For neighborhood trips - barber, groceries, bank, etc., the HT will be perfect."
[*] Tak / Wausau, WI. 11/18/2002 8:00AM CST Print #383
Quote:
quote:"Being a bit weak and loving nature walks, I look forward to a whole new lease on life."
[*] MrTechno / Chicago Area 11/19/02 Print #1454
Quote:
quote:"For over 15 years I've made new technology an important part of my business and my life. The Segway HT keeps me balanced on the cutting edge.
[*] Jane Jetson / Seattle, WA 12/30/02
Quote:
quote:I got a chance to try the Segway 12/10 through a program at work. Five minutes later -- I was hooked! I'm getting it through an early adopter program at work, not Amazon, so there's no print number. I can hardly wait -- the Segway soooo satisfies my inner
[*] The Turtle / Knoxville, Maryland Print #461
Quote:
quote:"I have unit number 461, an i-Series that's had the EPROM upgrade. It is (as far as I know) the first and possibly still the only HT in private hands in the state of Maryland (I live here, my wife lives and works there). Right now, I use the HT primarily as a gadget... I live 60 miles from work, so it's kind of impossible to commute on it, but I do use it at work to run down to get lunch or go over to the store. I've shown probably 60 or 70 people how to use the thing and am factory-trained, including how to train others. I will shortly be putting up my Segway page at the link below (but it
ain't there as of this writing). Thanks!"
[*] Linc2000 / San Diego, California 11/18/2002 12:00PM EST Print #1423
Quote:
quote:I just got to talk about the Segway on CoastToCoastAM.com on the radio (January 2, 2003 about 1:15 AM PST). Apparently George Noory was not familiar with the Segway or the ibot. However his guest Joseph Jacobs knew about them. Segway had demo rides in San Diego. I stayed around most of the day and kept asking for more rides. The Segway people were very gracious in putting up with me all day. I am excited about getting delivery of my own Segway. Has anyone developed a sport that would be played on the Segway? Does anyone know how many Segways will delivered the first week of March? Congratulations to the contest winners who got to travel back to New Hampshire and meet with Dean Kamen and his team. linc2000@msn.com
[*] Karamozov / Levenworth, KS Print #1944
Quote:
quote:"Any town that doesn't have sidewalks doesn't love its children."
- Margaret Mead
<div align="right">Website: http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/karamozov/</div id="right">[*] Agbaar / Seattle, WA 01/06/03
Quote:
quote:"I live in the Seattle, WA area, and it's intended for commuting to and from work (luckily, I live in range) as well as the usual fun reasons that I'm sure everyone has in mind. "
[*] Toybuilder / Pasadena, CA 01-05-2003 Print #2253
Quote:
quote:I'm a big believer in alternative motorized transporation. I was a happy 2-stroke 50cc moped user until that died. I can't quite bring myself up to riding a full motorcycle in regular traffic, though. The Segway seems like the perfect idea for riding safely among people on sidewalks. I plan primarily to commute to/from work and to make small side-trips to places between work and home.
[*] Detrbear / (no location) 01/12/2003 01:06 AM Print #1790
Quote:
[*] Lyle C / Miami, Florida Print #315
Quote:
quote:Going to ride my segway to work every day
[*] Budsvet / Charleston, WV 11/18/2002 Print #1380
Quote:
quote:"Was able to ride one model yesterday at the Charleston WV car show. Great ride but not as good as my C5 vette on a mountain road."
[*] 2totango (Ken Wood) / Seattle, Wa 11/19/02 Print #1269
Quote:
[*] Across04 / St. Louis, MO 12/5/2002 06:35:56AM CST Print #2361
Quote:
[*] Mzokc / OKC, OK 11/19/02 01:11PM CST Print #1428
Quote:
quote:It's a quick glide to the state capital, downtown, baseball stadium, sports arena, convention center, library, museum, concert hall, stage center, Myriad gardens, art shows, parades, home tours, civic center, jury duty, memorial, medical center/health club, post office, bank, supermarket, bakery, fast food, bus station, train station, Jaguar/Mercedes dealer and the Bricktown canal and restaurants. At work, our wilderness trails can eliminate the lunch time drive.
[*] Peter iNova / Glendale California Print #2071
Quote:
quote:digital photography eBook(s) author. I think these things have a potential use as camera dollies, too. How about a SteadyCam + Segway?
<div align="right">Website: http://www.digitalsecrets.net/glidewalk/Home.html</div id="right">[*] Segway Long Island / East Rockaway, NY 11/18/2002 11:37AM EST Print #611
Quote:
[*] Glidester / Vero Beach, FL 12/25/2002 Print #1902
Quote:
[*] Wheels / Tujunga, CA 11/18/02 Print #992
Quote:
quote:"My wife left me but, what the hell, I'm getting a Segway" Life is Beautiful ! (just kidding honey).
<div align="right">Website: http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/wheels/</div id="right">[*] Defenbaugh / (no location) Print #912
Quote:
quote:My wife didn't leave me but she might as well have. Wouldn't talk for a while. My HT will transport me to and from work--approximately a half mile. Also, it will be used for my enjoyment.
[*] Jacksonshaw / Long Beach, Ca Print #701
Quote:
quote:Received my E model today(02/12/2003). Will be using same to inspect Aircraft on Airports. Also completed Segway Technician Training.
[*] BruceWright / Sherman Oaks, California 02/16/03 2:00PM Print #2970
Quote:
quote:Going to use it for commuting to work a couple of days a week, and short trips to local errands. Also for fun and recreation.
[*] Jillmac / Southern California
Quote:
quote:I want to walk my dog again!!!!! I am chomping at the bit for the arrival
[*] Jlcasey / Bartlesville, OK. 11/18/02 1:38PM Print #1402
Quote:
quote:Looking forward to the first couple months when they are new on the street. Lived in Houston when I placed the order. Job transfer and stuck in Oklahoma.
[*] Bill / New York 11/19/02 Print #1268
Quote:
[*] Johnpowers / Elyria, Ohio 11/18/02 6:46PM EST Print #1370
Quote:
quote:I'm a new member here although I've been visiting this site as a guest for months.
[*] Fan of Segway / Tucson, AZ 02/22/2003 9:00AM MST
Quote:
quote:I plan to use my Segway to replace my car for my daily commute, and small grocery shopping runs. And, of course, for fun!
[*] Cstull / Scottsdale, AZ 11/18/2002 10:03AM MST Print #1199
Quote:
quote:I haven't decided how I will use it yet. I was so impressed at the Newport Beach training that I bought a second one! Now that BOTH my wife and I will be gliding, I can see using it for cruising bike trails and exploring. We are already talking about taking them to Maui on vacation!
[*] Beckeys / (no location) 11/18/2002 Print #367
Quote:
quote:The segway will be mostly for recreational purposes around the neighborhood and down to the post office, but I work in the field of automation and robotics so see it as a potential business tool as well.
[*] Drproctor / Dallas, TX 11/18/02 09:26 CST Print #1035
Quote:
quote:Plan to ride around Highport Marina @ Lake Texoma. What a fun way to get around the restraunts, fuel dock & shops and visit friends.
[*] Attydog / San Francisco, CA 11/18/02 8:23AM PST
Quote:
quote:Q How will I be using my Segway?!
A How WON'T I be using it?
[*] God1138 / Deer Park, Texas 02/10/03 8:00AM Print #2974
Quote:
quote:I will be using my HT mostly for recreation and short trips - lunchtime errands and going to the mall & beach, to the grocery store, to school, and also because the technology behind the Segway is as flamboyant and different as I am. I've always been one to turn heads; that said, now I will certainly turn some more!
<div align="right">Website: http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/god1138/</div id="right"> [*] DonK / Glendale, CA 12/20/02 Print #1932
Quote:
quote:I will be using my Segway for fun and for developing some new applications for the Segway in my Motion Picture Special Effects business.
[*] Dhugger / Merrimack, NH 02/14/03 Print #2996
Quote:
quote:My Segway uses will be: Getting around campus at UNH quicker, keeping the mileage on my car nice and low, & having a LOT of fun :-)
[*] AtlSeg / Atlanta, GA 11/18/2002 4:32PM Print #347
Quote:
quote:.... and he'll have fun, fun, fun 'til his daddy takes his segway away....
[*] LeonardoNYC / New York, NY (Manhattan) 11/20/02 4:13PM Print #1632
Quote:
quote:I have been a segway fan since they were first announced. I orignally planned on using my segway to get to work, ride in Central Park and for seeing friends where I normally would have taken a taxi or my motorcycle-which I also keep in Manhattan. Hopefully local laws will soon allow me to do all of those and more!
[*] JGartmann / Manahawkin, NJ Print #2246
Quote:
quote:I figure it is an even better solution than my electric golf cart for trips around the neighborhood.
[*] Numenaster / Tualatin, Oregon 03/07/03 09:00PM
Quote:
quote:This one will be used to restore mobility to my partner after her spinal cord damage and surgery. She'll be able to take herself to the store rather than wait for me to drive her there, go to the bank, get a haircut, visit our son's apartment a mile away, even take herself to our doctor's office if an emergency strikes when I'm out of town. This Segway will literally give her the world back. $5000 is cheap for that.
[*] LarryL / Spokane, WA 12/9/02 8:29PM PST Print #2443 & #2444
Quote:
[*] Mister_bigtime / Westchester, NY 02/26/03
Quote:
quote:I plan on using Segway as a mobility aid if I can Mount/Demount.
[*] Chanakya7777 / Long Beach, California 01/23/2003 19:26 PST
Quote:
quote:will use HT for getting around in the neighbourhood
[*] MsSchrader / Round Rock, TX 11/18/2002 Print #1288
Quote:
[*] Star Wars Fan / Southlake, Texas 11/19/02 Print #458 and #459
Quote:
quote:We are tooling around the neighborhood and to our town center.
[*] Dexter / Linden, NJ 11/24/2002 10:08PM EST Print #1559
Quote:
quote:I'll be using mine at work (a screen printing facility, all on one level with ramps), for local errands, and for FUN. I'm looking forward to gliding around the line at the Ziegfeld in Manhattan while waiting for Star Wars: Episode III to open in 2005! I am part of an organization that raises money for charity at these premiers; we collected over $18,000 during our three week wait for Episode II last year. The Segway should make the event even more fun in 2005, I'm hoping maybe some other line participants may also have Segways by then! Anything that brings more attention and publicity to the line helps with the money-raising.
[*] MrBill / Kirkland, WA 12/23/02
Quote:
quote:Used to ride back and forth between Microsoft buildings, as well as to run errands around town.
[*] Opti6600 / Miami, Florida
Quote:
quote:I use mine to get to and from school, run errands, get food, and to meet friends around the neighborhood. I of course, also use it to demonstrate the wonder that is the Segway HT, particularly when in the control of an experienced individual.
[*] Jmem / Newton, Mass Print: #2025
Quote:
quote:I bought my Segway for two reasons (beyond the obvious cool technology). First, I wanted to see what, if anything, it turns out to be good for in my daily world. Second, I wanted to see if it could be useful to my lady, a polio survivor with limited mobility. I know that the LLC doesn't countenance "medical" applications, but this really isn't that: it's just a possibly useful alternative to an electric scooter.
[*] Philphil / Ithaca, New York Print: #1009
Quote:
quote:To get around this huge, hilly campus.
[*] Geekfactory / New York, NY 11/24/2002 11:47PM EST
Quote:
quote:Anyhow, totally stoked for yet another way to get around NYC - obviously cars do NOT work here... Walking is fine, but this will be spectacular. Can't wait.
[*] Statmed / Bronx, NY 11/18/2002 05:49:28 Print: #1870
Quote:
quote:Looking to have some fun, meet up with other Segway owners in NYC and use locally!!
[*] Private Pile / Los Angeles, CA Print: #1349
Quote:
quote:I plan to use it to zip around my neighborhood for pure pleasure.
[*] Wwhopper / Washington, DC Print: #420 and #421
Quote:
quote:I picked up our 2 Segs - and they are un-boxed and charging as I type this.
[*] Pkpaul / Falls Church, VA 11/18/02 9:32PM EST Print: #524 & #525
Quote:
quote:I am offering weekly and monthly rentals of the Segway in the DC / Mid Atlantic area.
[*] Mac / New York, NY Print: #2295
Quote:
quote:no quote
[*] Colonsmoke / San Diego, CA 4/10/03 9:24PM PDT Print: #2879
Quote:
quote:I 'm going to be commuting to work [QUALCOMM Inc.] on my Segway HT from home, which is about 7 miles. As far as I know, I am the first QUALCOMM employee with a Segway HT. Since this is an engineering company with employees that like cool new things, I'm hoping that I will be the first of many!
[*] Boomer / Great Falls, MT 04/14/03 11:25AM MDT Print: #2347
Quote:
quote:I plan to use the Segway for short trips that I would otherwise be using my Suburban for . . . and just for fun.
[*] Montie & Josie / Abilene, Texas
Quote:
[*] Segwayowner / Newton, MA
Quote:
[*] Lohja / Yorktown, VA 04/09/2003
Quote:
quote:I will use my Segway for "fun". I could have spent $5,000 on a cruise--which would be a good memory; but a Segway is "forever" (I hope). I'm going to build a ramp for my van so I can demo it.
[*] Mike / Alliance, OH 11/18/2003 4:57PM EST Print: #877
Quote:
quote:I purchase to satisfy my interest in this revolutionary technology and to help me interest our First Robotics club (Alliance High School) students in engineering and technology.
[*] TedS / West Linn, OR Nov 19, 2002/8:38am PST Print: #744
Quote:
quote:Still grinnin'
[*] Kinky / Alexandria, VA 04/07/2003 8:00AM
Quote:
[*] Wizzy / Vancouver, BC 11/20/2002 6:35am PST Print: #1261
Quote:
quote:My wife and I have met hundreds of interesting people, learned much more about our area and heard the words "cool, way cool, awsome and I want one" oftener in twenty days than the previous 20 years.
[*] Coolglider / San Gabriel, CA
Quote:
quote:Cruising through the neighborhood and running errands in San Gabriel!
[*] Chadr / Bismarck, North Dakota Print: #1227
Quote:
[*] Fastfreddie / Greeley, CO 12/19/2002 7:58pm MST Print: #800
Quote:
quote:I will use my Segway HT for commuting to work and running errands on nice days.
[*] Gclark7 / Livonia, MI Print: #1663
Quote:
quote:Gliding around Livonia, and New Boston, Michigan since early April
[*] CharlesGust / Seattle, WA 11/18/2002 4:25pm PST Print: #736
Quote:
quote:I glide to work on clear days, and while at work, use the HT as a "thinking platform" for brainstorming ideas on Rudy Rucker's "Freeware".
[*] Pemond1 / Ottawa, ON 03/02/2003 5:05PM EST Print: #2961
Quote:
quote:Just completed training in NH. It was fun to see all the prototypes. Just Awesome .. can't wait to get my Seg.
[*] Zorba9 / North, Mississippi 11/18/2002 Print: #648
Quote:
quote:liked our I model so much we recently purchased a E model to go with it - use them on University campus and around town.
[*] Elation / SF Bay Area, California 11/19/02 13:32 PDT Print: #1125
Quote:
quote:To recreationally glide in some of the most interesting and beautiful places on the planet
[*] X-man / Chicago, IL
Quote:
quote:I'll be using mine to get around Chicago, carrying my camera equipment and snapping shots. Much easier to get on and off the HT than it is with a bicycle. Maybe I'll try to get it to the top of the Sear's Tower some day. :-)
[*] q / colo spgs, co 05/14/03
Quote:
quote:i'll be using it in colo spgs and denver,
co, but mostly in the spgs. ...glad to make your acquaintance!
[*] Ken / Chica, Ca 11/18/02 1:40PM PST Print: #899 and #1078
Quote:
quote:Segwaying all over town on the coolest set of two wheels.
[*] ElectraGlide / Boca Raton, FL 03/03
Quote:
[*] BigD / Fort Worth, Texas 04/11/03 02:46 CST Print: #3141
Quote:
quote:I have been flying Jet Airplanes for fifty years and 23 of those years as a Fighter Pilot. I can say that this device is as much of a thrill at my age as it was for my experiences as a young man.
[*] Freeman949 / Mission Viejo, CA Print: #1713 and #2194
Quote:
quote:We us our Segway#8217;s for running errands, visiting friends and gliding along the boardwalks along some of the best beaches in the world.
[*] Seguser / Tulsa, Oklahoma
Quote:
quote:I will mainly be shipping the Segway to cities I visit and using it in those cities.
[*] JRMiller / Palm Harbor, FL 05/26/03
Quote:
quote:How do you spell Parkinsons relief ????? SEGWAY1111 do you need my serial number?
[*] Freddy / Valencia Pa 11/18/02 06:47 EST Print: #1047
Quote:
quote:I use my Segway all day long in the warehouse and between the other buildings I saves me alot of time , I also show it off and give hundreds of rides to everybody. Its great to watch them smile !!!
[*] DonBRoss / Wood Village, Oregon 11/19/2002 4:51PM EST Print: #1211
Quote:
quote:I live in the suburbs of Portland where we have many connected sidewalks and very few pedestrians. IDEAL for Segway. I glide to the post office daily, shopping, bank, lunch, barber shop, etc., about 130 miles a month.
[*] Kaon / Euless, TX 06/19/2003 08:00PM CDT Print: #6788
Quote:
quote:I'll be using my HT to commute to and from work. While I live fairly close to where I work, the lack of any direct path makes the "commute" quite a bit further than it needs to be. Besides, walking to work in Texas usually results in your arriving at work as a sodden mess of sweat-soaked clothing. The lack of shower facilities in the building kind of precludes me riding my bike or walking to work.
[*] Candy22 / Salt Lake City, UT [/b]
Quote:
quote:LOVING IT
[*] Edh / Raleigh, NC [/b]
Quote:
quote:Plan to use it to try and cut out ~40 miles a week of car use. And of course for fun!
[*] Jackier / Honolulu, HI [/b]
Quote:
quote:I will be using my Segway to travel between weddings in Waikiki & Honolulu. I have a wedding service. And, just for fun & errands as often as I can.
[*] Scotty / St. Marys, Ohio [/b]
Quote:
quote:I will use my Segway to improve my quality of life. I have
[*] Aacini / Mexico City, Mexico 12/23/2002 2:09PM CST
Quote:
quote:If I could use my HT everyday I would do it, but I can't. I will use it in sporadic pleasure trips as a recreation vehicle, mainly in my annual two weeks travel to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, Mexico.
[*] Ulsterseg1 / Kingston, NY 01/24/2003
Quote:
quote:i use my seg as an aid because i have ms.i also love glideing every place i can.it was my new found legs.
[*] EricNR / Port Jefferson, New York
Quote:
quote:I plan to use it for shopping, touring, fun, proseltizing (sp?) and day trips to NYC via the railroad
[*] Joe Linn / Roseville, MN
Quote:
quote:I plan to use my Segway for commuting to and from work most days (5 miles each way) and for short errands. I don't know how far into the winter I will continue to commute on it. Minnesota winters can be pretty brutal.
[*] Skeptical / Santa Monica, CA
Quote:
quote:I am enjoying my Segway to commute to my community garden, to dinner at the UCLA, Santa Monica Cafeteria most evenings, ten blocks each way. I do a lot of visting along the way. I have had electric bike and an electric scooter the Seqway is so far superior as a way to get around the neighborhood.
[*] Chapinville / Destrehan, LA
Quote:
quote:Using my Segway a little at work (Injection Molding/industrial plant) and a lot of riding around town.
[*] Stuart / San Jose, CA
Quote:
quote:I've just been riding it around my neighborhood. Having a good time, showing it to people. No website, yet.
[*] Sagoo / Midvale, UT 08/27/03
Quote:
quote:Practical, schmactical: this thing is just too much F U N !
Woo hoo!
[*] IndyFIRSTengineer / Indianapolis, IN SegwayFest raffle winner!
Quote:
quote:After about a month, when I get off my HT for the first time, I will be enjoying the semi-celebrity status and attention, giving MANY, MANY, MANY demos, using IT for errands which do not require a large payload, and in any other way I can to benefit the FIRST robotics organization and help promote the positive uses of this fantastic technology ... AND JUST FOR FUN!
[*] Uber Glider / Indianapolis, IN
Quote:
quote:I commute to and from work, including lunch. At 2.5 miles per commute, that's 10 miles a day. I get a warm fuzzy when I realize my car hasn't moved from the driveway in weeks....
[*] BobC / Louisville, KY 09/06/2003
Quote:
quote:I'll be using my HT to have FUN! My wife said it best: I feel like I'm 10 again! The other real benefits include economical gliding and exploring this exciting technology. Everyone who sees it is amazed. The HT is an automatic facial exercise machine. You can't get on it without smiling!
[*] Island Girl / Dublin, Ohio 09/10/2003
Quote:
quote:I plan on using it to replace my car for short trips around my neighborhood and for gliding with my husband (Cruzan Glider). We now are a 2 Segway household.
[*] Cruzan Glider / Dublin, Ohio 08/21/2003
Quote:
quote:Purchased it from NEVrland. I will be using it to replace my car for short trips around my community and for spreading the word about the benifits of the Segway. I am also looking forward to gliding with my wife........Island Girl.
[*] Fireballfive / Decorah, Iowa
Quote:
quote:The nearest sidewalk is 20 miles away so I will haul it in the SUV every time I use it. Drives right up the ramp, neat! I can stand all day but not walk without pain so it opened up the world again.
[*] Joebarnin / San Diego 09/04/03
Quote:
quote:My mobility is limited (I have MS) so I mostly plan to use my HT for doing the sorts of things that I used to be able to do: long walks with my wife, spending the day the Balboa Park, the Zoo, and so on. Also short errands in the neighborhood.
[*] Jim Coleman / Deer Park, Texas 08/19/2003
Quote:
quote:Glide to work 4 out of 5 days (1.3 miles one way)
[*] Mr Laurenzano / Shell Beach, CA
Quote:
quoteONT TRY TO OUT RUN A RADIO CONTROLED CAR
[*] Tucsonbart / Tucson, AZ
[quote]quote:If they don't know you're alive . . . .you're dead.!"
Tucsonbart; Tucson, AZ;Local errands and clowning for charity worldwide. Newspaper article and photo from yesterday's edition of "Dooey" the clown on his Segway at this link: http://www.explorernews.com/north
Old 09-07-2004, 07:42 PM   #2
Blinky
Blinky

5 yr Member

Segway Owners Roll Call updated as of 07/03/2005

Old 11-02-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
dpk-dpk@pacbell.net
dpk-dpk@pacbell.net

5 yr Member

I am a new owner of the XT here in Walnut Creek Ca. I use mine for fun and to do local errands. I want to play polo if I can learn to ride well enough. I don't know any other owners and I have no way of finding any. I also wanted to know about routine repairs. What usually goes wrong and what is the usual fix? Are there any regular events scheduled in my area? Polo seems like a great idea, but isn't Segway hockey more appropriate? Are there any plans in the works to have the new batteries last even longer and be less expensive? In general, I want to know what to expect as my "horse" ages. Thanks. DPK
Old 11-04-2005, 02:26 PM   #4
dutchman
dutchman

5 yr Member

Just bought my i-167. I should get it on Monday or Tuesday so I cant wait to glide. I have a disability, and have difficulty walking so I really hope this will help me alot.

Dutchman is my nick, there is where I am born and moved here to the Seattle area about 7 years ago.

Andre
Old 11-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #5
jt_boston
jt_boston

5 yr Member

Just got two i-180 recently from Jared (JaredHT, SEGWAY of Ohio - http://www.segwayofohio.net) including accessories and those new LED lights. His passion, expertise, professionalism, pricing and super fast shipping made the difference!!!

Have been using these to glide into work and running short errand trips around the Boston downtown area with the significant other. Definitely the best way to travel around in congested traffic areas. Winter is coming and I look forward to trying them out in the snow (with extra traction tires of course!) :-)
Old 11-08-2005, 07:45 AM   #6
yupochen
yupochen

5 yr Member

i167, Auckland, New Zealand

www.paulchen.co.nz
Old 11-14-2005, 06:35 AM   #7
Gaye
Gaye

5 yr Member

My Segway arrived yesterday (i170) and I had today my inaugural run; TOTALLY and PHENOMENALLY brilliant!
I had a bit of a practise on nice flat concrete area and then joined all my family (including the dogs) on a mile long country walk long a farm track. Incidentally I can see the value of getting one of those comfort mats as on rough terrain you are are a trifle knackered!
ABSOLUTELY SUPERB! My little one said "Mummy you've never been this far with us before and now you can come out with us all the time, and you haven't got your sore hip (I have osteo arthritis) AND you can even take me out on my bicycle!"
It made every single penny and all the effort worthwhile!
Even my husband (who knew nothing of my purchase until it arrived!) was mightily impressed and took to it like the proverbial duck to water. He isn't looking forward to the credit card bill arriving though.
I am a very happy and lucky lady. Thank God (or Dog if you are dyslexic!) we live in an era of inventors and entrepreneurs.
Forget my aspiration to fly with the birds; Segway has to be more fun!
My thanks to everyone who has emailed words of encouragement and advice.
My biggest thanks of course to the chap who sold me his nearly new Segway at quite a reasonable price.
He modestly wants to remain annonymous but I am SO grateful to him; take a bow - YOU know who you are!
Gaye
PS My daughter likes everything to have names and so my Segway is now Harriet the Chariot!

Gliding, like cleanliness, is close to godliness!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:31 AM   #8
culs
culs is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Initial charge about done on my new i180, which I am eager to try out as soon as the morning fog lifts here North of Boston.

I will be using the Segway to help deal with my inability to walk very far, and already I am confident it will help with my balance due to my partially numb feet.

--
Old 11-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #9
sombody
sombody will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Hey-
Ive had my seg wheels for 6 months now. I ride whenever I can- almost every day. Ill start joining in on some chat topics now.
What a blast
Old 11-27-2005, 06:29 PM   #10
cmonkey
cmonkey will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player

Welcome to the club!

I love my magic carpet!
Closed Thread