SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 11-29-2020, 11:20 PM   #1
bobrinaldi
bobrinaldi is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Lithium ion rebuild question

I have my two batteries apart and ready to recell. Anyone rebuild their lithium batteries before and if so, what rated cell did you use. Original batteries are 1300mah. How high of an mah can I go? 18650 cells can be had for ratings as high as 3400mah. Will the bsm recognize this? Should I go with a lower mah?
bobrinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:15 AM   #2
Amy Yu
Amy Yu is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Segway Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrinaldi View Post
I have my two batteries apart and ready to recell. Anyone rebuild their lithium batteries before and if so, what rated cell did you use. Original batteries are 1300mah. How high of an mah can I go? 18650 cells can be had for ratings as high as 3400mah. Will the bsm recognize this? Should I go with a lower mah?
Hello my friend,
You can buy Segway batteries from our company.
We have our own factory to produce Segway BMS and batteries.
Following is the advantage of our Segway battery which are the different from old version of others:
1. Adding a Bluetooth module, effectively monitoring each string of battery voltage,battery life and firmware online upgrade;
2. Supporting various capacity specifications, supporting ternary and iron-lithium battery types; In addition to 5.2AH batteries, we aslo have 6AH,10AH,12.8AH battery;
3. We have developed a diagnostic instrument,which completely eliminates the trouble of computer and IIC adapter to diagnose the battery;
4. Adapting to X2/I2 models of Segway, confirmed by the majority of customers, We are the only designated supplier of the original manufacturer in the world;
5. Using ultrasonic compression sealing technology, good waterproof performance;
6. The battery box is made of ABS flame-retardant material, which is safe to prevent fire;
7. Automatic machine spot welding for battery production sampling, which is safe and reliable;
8. Each battery has undergone thousands of drop tests before sending;
9. One year warranty. If the battery is damaged within one year, we will replace it for free.

WhatsApp: +86 199 4758 1636
Amy Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #3
crosstours
crosstours is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Hi bob,

the first original SEGWAY batteries started with 5.2Ah and changed to 5.6Ah usable capacity. (the sticker on the battery stayed ad 5.2Ah)
The BMS can only calculate to 6.6Ah so it does not make sence to go over this.

Please get sure that you take lifepo4 cells (3,2V/cell not liion (3,7V/cell)!
crosstours is offline   Reply With Quote