SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default New moderator introduction

I guess you all know me, but for the few that don't here is a short introduction

I'm Florin, a Segway enthusiast from the Netherlands, I have no bindings with Segway Inc. (in the sense that I'm not payed by them, nor that I need them to run my business), but I do consider them as my friends (and I believe that this is also vice versa). I like for example to stay in touch with them via Twitter to read what moves them in their daily life.

Since today, I'm also moderator at SegwayChat. I'm hoping, assuming that we're all friends in this community, that my moderation job will mainly consist of removing SPAM. But don't worry, if needed my moderation jobs will go further than removing SPAM.

If you read something on SegwayChat, in which you believe moderation is required, you're always welcome to contact me (preferably via sending a Private Message) or any of the other moderators. After all, we're humans too and we can miss something, specially me, since I'm not native english speaking.

I'm hoping you will enjoy your time on Segway Chat, that's at least where the moderators are aiming for.

(Thanks to Gihgehls for the tip to make a new thread for this post)

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

I think you will make an excellent addition to the team!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
cadavev
cadavev is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Very nice welcome to mod status i had the pleasure to meet you in long beach in 06. You will be a great addition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

David Vianu
Rancho Cucamonga,Ca
I2 Custom

cadavev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Best of luck Florin. I think you might be entering into a thankless job - so here's a "thanks" up-front for all of the hard work you'll do.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

Thank you all for the kind words

Florin
Old 06-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

good luck Florin. I am sure it is a lot of work, and under appreciated. Most all, except the spam management, will result is someone feeling insulted... Do not sweat the issues, just try to be fair, and let the rest fall away...

I know you well enough to know that you will be good at this...

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
florin
The Gliding Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
good luck Florin. I am sure it is a lot of work, and under appreciated. Most all, except the spam management, will result is someone feeling insulted... Do not sweat the issues, just try to be fair, and let the rest fall away...

I know you well enough to know that you will be good at this...
Thanks for the wishes.

I'm planning on using vBulletin user Infraction system, seems to me as the fairest way to "punish" misbehaviour. I'm hoping I won't be needing it, but otherwise there is a fair system in place at least.

Florin
Old 06-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
florin
The Gliding Dutchman

Default The rules

For all of you who don't want to get moderated, and are wondering about the rules (I got some questions about it via PM), you can find the rules here: http://www.segwaychat.com/sc/tos/

Please make sure to read section 8, I think you can summarize it to:
- respect others and their believes/opinion/religion/etc.,
- common sense (what you don't like your self, don't do it to others),
- don't harm anybody and/or their business (including Inc.'s) by publishing info that shouldn't be public.

Florin

Last edited by florin; 06-18-2009 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: rephrasing last item, some members were confused due to the incorrect translation from Dutch to English :-O
Old 06-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #9
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by florin View Post
For all of you who don't want to get moderated, and are wondering about the rules (I got some questions about it via PM), you can find the rules here: http://www.segwaychat.com/sc/tos/

Please make sure to read section 8, I think you can summarize it to:
- respect others and their believes/opinion/religion/etc.,
- common sense (what you don't like your self, don't do it to others),
- don't harm anybody and/or their business (including Inc.'s) by publishing info that shouldn't be public.
Sounds great, Florin! Thanks for your help!

Dan Swanson

727-403-2628

Last edited by florin; 06-18-2009 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: rephrasing last bullet from quoted message
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #10
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by florin View Post
Thanks for the wishes.

I'm planning on using vBulletin user Infraction system, seems to me as the fairest way to "punish" misbehaviour. I'm hoping I won't be needing it, but otherwise there is a fair system in place at least.
I like sites that use the infraction system. It has historically never been used here and every site has the punishment "payout" for infractions configured differently. If you intend to pioneer its use here, I think you should think about how you want infractions to work, and then publish this info. It would also be nice to enable the infraction log thread.

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote