SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 03-07-2023, 05:06 PM   #31
simplyonmyway
simplyonmyway is on a distinguished road

Default ADA Complaint Concerns

Thank you so much for providing a starting point where mobility concerns can formally be addressed i.e. ADA.GOV here in the US.

I have met with resistance and invited the individual / security attendant to show me the posting of prohibited devices. That's where I proceeded with entry. Upon review of the ADA.GOV Website I feel better about entry into locations with out scrutiny.

Regards
Loomo Advocate.
simplyonmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:50 AM   #32
thomas4
thomas4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Immethun View Post
You will love it if you get one. I bought my i2 about 3 years ago and use it everyday now. I walk, but very badly due to a spinal cord injury. It totally altered my way of thinking when it comes to trips to the store, parking, etc, etc. Still there are some barriers, but if you are extra courteous people will let you use them just about anywhere. I figure they are kind of startling the first time people see them, but if you give a good impression they will like you and have no reason to complain. Greg
"I've been enjoying using my Segway, model i2, for about 3 years now." Walking has been impacted by a spinal injury that has affected my walking, and it has changed everything. Everyday tasks such as shopping and parking are easier. Some barriers persist, but showing courtesy goes a long way. People may be initially intrigued, but a good impression matters greatly.- Greg Congratulations to Greg.
thomas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 10:45 AM   #33
thomas4
thomas4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyonmyway View Post
Thank you so much for providing a starting point where mobility concerns can formally be addressed i.e. ADA.GOV here in the US.

I have met with resistance and invited the individual / security attendant to show me the posting of prohibited devices. That's where I proceeded with entry. Upon review of the ADA.GOV Website I feel better about entry into locations with out scrutiny.

Regards
Loomo Advocate.
Your experience demonstrates the importance of knowing our rights under ADA.GOV. When faced with resistance, standing firm and respectfully referencing the law can make a difference. "Have you encountered similarly conditioned situations and found it helpful to educate others about accessibility rights?"
thomas4 is offline   Reply With Quote