SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation Look out Segway here comes....

Boasts speeds of 15 miles per Hour -- Range... 5-7 Miles on a charge

Here is the sphiel

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/9/prweb441513.htm

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something right™

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
Timezkware Tim
Timezkware Tim will become famous soon enoughTimezkware Tim will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Sometimes I wish Ginger had suspension.

Cool scooter. Where can you drive it publically, though?

Tim

Old 09-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #3
julesdarcy
julesdarcy

5 yr Member

The guy on the video says the range is 25 miles. According to another text review, the range is 15 miles. The older model had a range of 10 miles, so I'm guessing the new model has a range in the 10-20 mile bracket. They run on NiMH batteries.

I still haven't seen one working but from being on a normal scooter before, I'm sure the ride is fine.

At $400 each, they definitely make more financial sense than buying a Segway.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #4
cruiter
cruiter is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Then why are you in this chat room? Do you own stock in the scooter or sell them?
Just curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesdarcy

At $400 each, they definitely make more financial sense than buying a Segway.

" We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)
Old 10-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member
Default Just curious.........

cruiter,

With a top speed, range and weight capacity comparable to a Segway at 1/10th the price, what part of "financial sense" are you having trouble with? Like the press release said,
Quote:
George Clooney drives a $100K EV Tango, and the highly publicized Segway electric scooter sells for $5,000 a pop. But, when it comes to owning an electric vehicle, it has been tough luck for the average consumer -- until now. Enter the Go Motorboard 2000X, the world’s most advanced, ultra lightweight -- and affordable -- electric vehicle.
Pretty self-explainatory to me.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

But it's not really comparable to the Segway. If all he's interested in is saving money, I'd suggest he get a bicycle - which is also not comparable to a Segway.
Pam
Old 10-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #7
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam
But it's not really comparable to the Segway. If all he's interested in is saving money, I'd suggest he get a bicycle - which is also not comparable to a Segway.
Come on, Pam. Both the Segway and the Motorboard 2000X are single rider electric transportation devices for non-roadway use. Speed, range and load capacity are comparable. Bikes aren't comparable to either since they are human powered and for road use. Sure, the Segway is packed with gee-wiz electronics and is better suited for some environments (indoor use, for instance) but if you want to go a mile on lightly traveled sidewalks with no effort, then both the Segway and the Motorboard 2000X are candidates for the task.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

Old 10-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #8
Timezkware Tim
Timezkware Tim will become famous soon enoughTimezkware Tim will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM
Come on, Pam. Both the Segway and the Motorboard 2000X are single rider electric transportation devices for non-roadway use. Speed, range and load capacity are comparable. Bikes aren't comparable to either since they are human powered and for road use. Sure, the Segway is packed with gee-wiz electronics and is better suited for some environments (indoor use, for instance) but if you want to go a mile on lightly traveled sidewalks with no effort, then both the Segway and the Motorboard 2000X are candidates for the task.
Motorboards can become expensive very quickly as soon as you run into someone, since they're illegal in most places.

Until Motorboards can be legally driven on a bikepath (they are illegal on sidewalks just about everywhere), they are nothing but an off-road recreational toy.

Tim
Old 10-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #9
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default performance envelope

Motoboards may be able to go as fast and long as a segway, but I seriously doubt they can STOP like a segway can. And isn't that the whole point of a segway? It can slow, stop and balance like no other mode of transportation.

Sometimes "getting somewhere" is more than just how fast it happens...the "safeness" (both for the rider and others) in a wide variety of situations has to be considered.

ps - Before the segway, I think my favorite mode of transportation was the plastic Big Wheel of my childhood. I liked the extremely low center of gravity and stabilty of three wheels. Maybe there's an adult version of this around, but I bet with the higher weights capacity it becomes rather large or heavy (like I did, eh?).

It took another 20 years before I found a mode of transportation that I liked. Now I'm the first to admit that the delta design of a Big Wheel isn't the safest, hence my recumbent trike is a tadpole design.

Last edited by polo_pro; 10-02-2006 at 02:11 PM..
Old 10-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #10
JohnM

5 yr Member

Tim,
Have you actually read your California law regarding motorized scooters?
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd11c1a5.htm
Please point out the section where it says they're illegal.
RUSA #235
UMCA #