SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #11
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Years ago, I added tubes to my tires, used a tube with a 90 degree bend in the valve shaft, and set it so that the valve just sticks out to the outside of my tires.

Because of this, for the past 12 years, I fill the tires from the outside, just like any normal wheel.

I did have to drill a small hole in the right place. I have enclosed a photo from my gallery. I don't know why I took a picture with the tires so dirty, but so be it. It was a decade ago. By the way, you can also see the spinner hubcap. (Chrome flames spin separately from the wheel, and they keep spinning when you stop, for a while)...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 11-06-2018 at 09:05 PM..
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:48 PM   #12
Steve807
Steve807 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the posts. Most forums have a like button you can select for each post but for some reason this forum doesn’t have one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Steve807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:49 PM   #13
Steve807

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve807 View Post
Looks good. I use to have a 2004 Road Glide that I rode to Milwaukee and Sturgis a few times but sold it a couple years ago.

Do you still ride it often?

Old 11-11-2018, 12:51 AM   #14
truck
truck is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Sold it about five years ago with about 75,000 miles on it. No motorcycle anymore.
truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #15
Steve807

5 yr Member
Default Checking/filling air in tires on a Segway i2

I understand. Sold mine two years ago. But.......missed riding so much I went back in.

Not the best financial decision at 60 but enjoying it anyway...

I was thinking.......hey, I can still ride. Better keep riding until I’m not able to anymore.

I’ve not ridden as far as you but in the last 18 years this is where I’ve ridden so far. Bought my first Harley in 2000 but have been riding since Jr High.

Last edited by Steve807; 11-11-2018 at 01:03 PM..
Old 11-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #16
Steve807

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Years ago, I added tubes to my tires, used a tube with a 90 degree bend in the valve shaft, and set it so that the valve just sticks out to the outside of my tires.

Because of this, for the past 12 years, I fill the tires from the outside, just like any normal wheel.

I did have to drill a small hole in the right place. I have enclosed a photo from my gallery. I don't know why I took a picture with the tires so dirty, but so be it. It was a decade ago. By the way, you can also see the spinner hubcap. (Chrome flames spin separately from the wheel, and they keep spinning when you stop, for a while)...

I think my i2 has a tube with a 90 degree valve stem. Is so can I do the same as you? The tubes and tires are still stock.

Old 11-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #17
Steve807

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post

The spinner doesn’t hit the valve stem?