SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default Possible bug in vBulletin?

Here's the deal...

I surf to segwaychat.
I Read what interests me.
Choose Quick Links->Mark Forums Read

The next time I visit if there have been any new posts, LOTS of old posts are listed in the section labeled:

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

If I understand how this all works, only threads with new posts should show up and all of those will have been since my last visit. So there should be nothing in the "unread posts" section.

What am I missing here?

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:07 AM   #2
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Hi Jeff,

I don't run the same version SegwayChat does, but it should work the same way and I don't think there's a bug in relation to the Forum Read feature. When I finish reading, I click the New Posts link again to see if anything new has been posted since I came on the forum. Then I click the link to Mark Forums Read that appears on the forum home page at the bottom of the list of forums. The next time I visit, only new posts appear on the list of New Posts.

I haven't tried the link you mentioned, but I will try it tonight to see if I get the same result you did. I know of another forum besides SegwayChat that has that problem, even when I click the link I mentioned. It's irritating.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote