SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
aricisom
aricisom is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking I couldn't help, because I was on my Segway.

A driver was stuck in a traffic jam on the highway outside Washington, DC.Nothing was moving. Suddenly, a man knocks on the window.

The driver rolls down the window and asks, "What's going on?"

"Terrorists have kidnapped Congress, and they're asking for a $100million dollar ransom. Otherwise, they are going to douse them all in gasoline and set them on fire. We are going from car to car, collecting donations."

"How much is everyone giving, on average?" the driver asks.

The man replies, "Roughly a gallon ."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aric Isom
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How-To - What-For - Why-So-Funny

Please visit:

Last edited by aricisom; 01-23-2012 at 06:34 PM..
aricisom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aricisom View Post
A driver was stuck in a traffic jam on the highway outside Washington, DC.Nothing was moving. Suddenly, a man knocks on the window.

The driver rolls down the window and asks, "What's going on?"

"Terrorists have kidnapped Congress, and they're asking for a $100million dollar ransom. Otherwise, they are going to douse them all in gasoline and set them on fire. We are going from car to car, collecting donations."

"How much is everyone giving, on average?" the driver asks.

The man replies, "Roughly a gallon ."

You could always off up a match. (Just trying to be helpful)

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
aricisom

5 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
You could always off up a match. (Just trying to be helpful)
I might have thought f that, but I don't smoke, and have never carried a lighter or matches. Maybe I can still fine him and offer some cash, but make sure that it will not be used for the ransom...lol

Aric Isom

Please visit:
Old 01-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

On a tangent, but mildly related, one of my favorite events each year is my gasoline run with my segway...

Like many homeowners with a small bit of land, I have many machines that help to maintain things around here. I have a lawn tractor, and a garden tractor, a couple generators, a brush chipper, lawn mowers, snow blowers, chain saws and the like. I also have several of these items that run on electricity, but many are gasoline powered.

Once each spring, and often in the fall, I load up several 5 and 6 gallon red jugs onto my trailer, and make that pilgrimage to the gasoline station to fill up. I guess I use 25 to 50 gallons a year.

The site of a segway carrying several gallons of gasoline has been the cause for many interesting conversations, as well as a picture in the local paper a time or two.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
perpendicular
perpendicular is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
The site of a segway carrying several gallons of gasoline has been the cause for many interesting conversations, as well as a picture in the local paper a time or two.
Do you shut down the segway while filling up? Has anyone every queried you about the possibility of an explosion? I'm thinking about the much discussed cell phone at the petrol bowser issue.
perpendicular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
aricisom

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpendicular View Post
Do you shut down the segway while filling up? Has anyone every queried you about the possibility of an explosion? I'm thinking about the much discussed cell phone at the petrol bowser issue.
The TV show, Myth Busters, put an end to that myth.....

Aric Isom

Please visit:
Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpendicular View Post
I suspect that people were so confused by the prospect of me having gasoline and an electric conveyance that they never went there. I personally did not consider it either, but I have seen the Mythbusters episode mentioned in post #6.

On a slightly off topic response, Mr. Perpendicular, I see that your avatar seems inverted to me, not so much perpendicular. If you wanted the avatar to reflect your screen name, should it not be going up or down, rather than across the top?

Back to the topic... I did have several people ask me about the gas, and the relationship to the segway, and some kind of started the question, but stopped themselves. A lot of false starts, and confused looks were more prevalent than suggestions to shut down the segway...

Old 02-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #8
dgbint
dgbint will become famous soon enoughdgbint will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Wink

Quote:
Mr. Perpendicular, I see that your avatar seems inverted to me.
Karl

A keen eye will show you that this poster is from Australia.
I think it is a bit of a joke, that almost everything American's perceive about Australia and Australians is inverted.
Or something like that.

It's hot in Queensland, so they reputedly drink lots of beer.
That may be another explanation.
Do you know how they spell BEER in sunny Queensland ?
XXXX

Michael
dgbint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Besides, the bike is perpendicular to the left and right sides. Perpendicular doesn't actually mean "pointing straight up."

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
Besides, the bike is perpendicular to the left and right sides. Perpendicular doesn't actually mean "pointing straight up."
No, perpendicular means at right angles to something else.

I did not think it should be pointing straight up. OR straight down. Or anywhere else.

I simply noted that his avatar was inverted. As has been pointed out, that very well may have absolutely nothing to do with his chosen screen name. I just pointed out that one represents a 90 degree turn, and the other represents a 180 degree turn...