SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
larryKay
larryKay

5 yr Member
Default i167 Batteries, how to replacei167 batteries

My second set of batteries are dying. My Segway is the original and is still in service daily shuttling back and forth between my 2 retail stores in NYC.

I need new batteries. I contacted the mothership,Segway,Inc and they told me to find them at a dealer. They also sent me an e-mail telling me that my Segway was upgraded 2 years ago, when it was sent in for its only major repair, that the newer Li-on batteries will work. Also the MRSP is $856.00 per battery. Stciker shock.

Any clues as to what direction I go such as getting new batteries for $1700.00 or are there alternatives? Anything to know about a company called batterrebuild.com who will sell me ni-mh batteries for $699.00 exchange or $899.00 for a refilled set

Thanks for your help. My daily interest in computer forums has dwindled. I am probably close to being one of the oldest original Segway early adopters with the original machine ...
Old 09-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default You have Options!

MTO - Jason who is on here as MTOBattery is probably your first line of defense.

eBay - yep you can buy someone elses battery that someone picked up at a yard sale and needs to be reconditioned by MTO

SegwayChat - keep an eye on here for used batteries.

Segway Dealer, contact a dealer and see what they got!

My personal advice - contact Jason at MTO! He ROCKS when it comes to Segway batteries!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Thanks Will....I just replied to the other post which I now see was a duplicate of this one.
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i167 batteries