SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee
Default Any one seen a EcoBoomer Commando?

While surfing some invention help sites I ran across this site: www.theecoboomer.com. They have a product like the Segway there. Not the Q type tho, but they also sell a version of it, too, and a smaller one similar to the ones Honda or Toyota have introduced. This "Commando" version looks very similar to the Segway, and, seems to operate the same way. It has built in headlights and tail lights and turn indicators in the base. On one discription of the unit, it said top speed was 6.2 miles per hour, but in this video on you tube it says it goes 12 mph. Anyone seen one of these? Anyone know the price of it? I'm not going to give them my email address to get more info since I probably wouldn't have the money to get one anyway.

Last edited by GadgetmanKen; 02-15-2012 at 01:52 PM..
Old 02-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
GadgetmanKen

They also have this version the "ion", which I've seen as one of those Chinese knock-offs, and they also have the one Centaur looking four wheeler, knock-off that doesn't raise and hover.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
aricisom
aricisom is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Question

I can't to seem to find any prices on the site...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aric Isom
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How-To - What-For - Why-So-Funny

Please visit:
Old 02-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
Isidore
Isidore will become famous soon enoughIsidore will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aricisom View Post
I can't to seem to find any prices on the site...
Good grief do these people have no shame? Not only have they copied the technology, but they even lacked the imagination to make it look anything more than a lego-like copy of a Segway. Very depressing- all that's missing is calling it a Segweigh.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
rickb
rickb is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Somehow I doubt this is the same technology.........but rather a cheap knock off that may or may not work out of the box. You get what you pay for. Let the buyer beware. What about the dealer network providing for sales, parts, and service?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

On their website, there are three models with small videos.

The Urban seems like a chinese copy of a segway, not too dissimilar to some of the chinese videos we have seen in the past. On my computer, the site was partially in spanish, and I could not tell where it was located.

The M1 seems very much like the toyota winglet to me, or a copy of it. Again, not enough information to be sure of anything.

The 5.0 is pretty funny on their site. The video seems to have been filmed in Germany to me, based on the cars in the lot and the company logo...

What is most interesting in this 1 minute video on the Ecoboomer site however, is that at 39 seconds into the 60 second video, you see a real live white segway glide across the screen. I stopped the video and while you cannot see too much of the segway, you can clearly see the word "segway" on the side of the handlebar bag.

Another interesting note is that none of the videos had anyone wearing a helmet, except the lone segway glider crossing the screen of the 5.0 video.

That unit, has 4 wheels like the latter day Q and Rad-to-Go.

I would love to know more.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
GadgetmanKen

Quote:
What is most interesting in this 1 minute video on the Ecoboomer site however, is that at 39 seconds into the 60 second video, you see a real live white segway glide across the screen. I stopped the video and while you cannot see too much of the segway, you can clearly see the word "segway" on the side of the handlebar bag.
I see that. lol.

Also on that 5.0 video it appears that all the cars are BMW's and facing towards the center, whereas I think it may be at a BMW dealership. Which is quite possible they may be selling Segways there also. Later you see a familiar face which looks like the same guy you saw a while back demoing the Centaur knock-off. At about 23 seconds in the 5.0 video, a (mini) mini-van with three wheels passes by him. Its definately in China or there abouts, because those mini mini-vans are illegal in the U.S., mainly cause you cannot get plates for them. There was a guy here in the city that has one of those mini mini-vans who cannot get plates for it. Too bad because they get about 60 miles to the gallon.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetmanKen View Post
I see that. lol.

Also on that 5.0 video it appears that all the cars are BMW's and facing towards the center, whereas I think it may be at a BMW dealership. Which is quite possible they may be selling Segways there also. Later you see a familiar face which looks like the same guy you saw a while back demoing the Centaur knock-off. At about 23 seconds in the 5.0 video, a (mini) mini-van with three wheels passes by him. Its definately in China or there abouts, because those mini mini-vans are illegal in the U.S., mainly cause you cannot get plates for them. There was a guy here in the city that has one of those mini mini-vans who cannot get plates for it. Too bad because they get about 60 miles to the gallon.
Maybe there are two different 5.0 videos. I agree about the BMW dealership, as the logo is on a sign on the grassy hill in the upper left corner of the background. As a matter of fact, if you look carefully in the beginning few seconds, way in the back near that green trailer below that hill at the back of the parking lot, you can see the segway going off screen to the left, where it returns from the left to right at the front of the scene 20+ seconds later.

I never saw that 3 wheel van. I did see a white haired guy with a blue plaid shirt, perhaps from your town he looks like a 3 wheel van.

When the camera scans left, you can see a whole series of BMW white flags which further support the guess of a dealership. I saw no evidence of China.

ON the M1 video, with that long pergola, I think it was in Cali, or at least southwest US, not china, because of the cars. There were red pickup trucks with caps, and other cars not likely to be in other countries.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
GadgetmanKen

It was on this video Karl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=z_LmQQrlG9U

http://TheEcoBoomer.com - This is the new 2012 EcoBoomer 5.0 human transporter it's one mean electric machine! It's capable of getting up to 20 MPH very fast and it also can go a distance of around 35-40 miles on one single charge. We are actively seeking new dealers around the world who would like to be among the first businesses in your city or country selling these amazing eco-friendly, zero emissions, electric human transporters. Contact us through our website today for more information.

Now they say this one goes up to20 mph?

Last edited by GadgetmanKen; 02-15-2012 at 10:10 PM..
Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #10
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

As far as I can see, they are not selling to individuals. The entire website is a pitch for dealers. They require a minimum order quantity of ten units of each model, with 50% up front prior to delivery. Even if the vehicles are cheap compared to Segs, that's still a pretty hefty investment.

It would seem likely that the self-balancing machines would have to use some implementation of Segway's intellectual property. If Segway hasn't licensed these guys, then they are probably not legal in the US, or any other country where Segway has filed for patent protection, and which respects intellectual property, unlike the People's Republic of China.

All these wonderful machines are available from a company that says it has been in business since, 2007, yet they provide no ownership or management names, no physical address, and no telephone number for the company on their website. There is no way to get in touch with them, other than leaving your contact information on their website.

However, anyone can do a "whois" query on www.theecoboomer.com. Anyone can use the information listed there to do follow-on searches, and they would presumably find the same things I did.

Last edited by Civicsman; 02-15-2012 at 11:20 PM..