SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #21
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM
Just try listening to yourselves.
We're a stubborn bunch! Maybe it's the years of being called lazy on our scooters that makes us a bit testy! He he he

-Sal
Old 10-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #22
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member
Default litmus test

Quote:
Originally Posted by plomoh
Forget about doing an indepth analsys. We'll just have you play polo on it...8^) 8^) 8^)

ps - I kinda like this as a litmus test whenever someone brings up an alternative form of transportation...."Ah but can you play polo on it?"
It warms my heart to know that elephants pass the litmus test for alternative transportation.

Are elephants sidewalk legal?
Can they be transported by plane?
Are mahouts (elephant drivers) lazy?

(The international bike polo championships are being held this week, hosted by the USA in Kennewick, Washington.)
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JohnM; 10-02-2006 at 11:59 PM..
Old 10-03-2006, 12:48 AM   #23
cmonkey
cmonkey will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player
Default Beware The Steaming Divots!!

EEEEEeeeeee!!!!

At least when my seg craps out in a polo game, I don't need a shovel!

(I know bad pun, too much gliding on my head)
Old 10-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #24
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default Getting weird

This thread is truly getting surrealistic. Adult size big wheels, elephant polo, scooter mods that go 25 MPH....
Old 10-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #25
cruiter
cruiter is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

You Think???
Quote:
Originally Posted by plomoh
This thread is truly getting surrealistic. Adult size big wheels, elephant polo, scooter mods that go 25 MPH....

" We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)
Old 10-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #26
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiter
You Think???
Surrealistic? Nahhh...... Not until Mr L chimes in.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #27
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

Default The Outer Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM
Surrealistic? Nahhh...... Not until Mr L chimes in.
I'll give him a call to prod him to respond to this thread...we've talked several times. He's actually just up the coast from me. Do you think he's rubbing off on me? 8^) 8^) 8^)

ps - Any bets if Rod Sterling would have built a Twilight Zone episode around a segway if it'd been around in the 60's? Heck, maybe Eureka's trying to fill that void doing exactly this.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #28
zzcarolyn
zzcarolyn will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Let's not forget

The main criteria I had in purchasing a Segway was would it carry my 240# frame up a steep hill. Yes it does. I have traveled up a very steep hill (3.5mph on a bicycle) at 9+ MPH. The hill is 1.3 miles long. I doubt if a battery powered skateboard would do the same. Any I have ridden immediatly bog down at the sight of any incline.
I suppose you could play polo with the skateboard but you would have to carry it around as you run to catch the Segways.
Let's all chip in and get one. 8 people at $50 each. Then we can really test it out. If it doesn't live up to as advertised. Return it.
Craig
Old 10-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #29
sombody
sombody will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Cool Moped vs Harley

Thats a pretty good comparison.- Then picture a moped that will fold up to the size of a suitcase. I told you I have one. It IS the smallest and most powerful scooter-good aircraft grade aluminum and the The batteries and motors are extreamly strong and It really only weighs 22 pounds - you can carrry it with one hand. It is an EXCELLENT DESIGN.

The Segway is a 4x4 cadillac in comparison. Thats it -end of story
YOU CANT PLAY POLO WITH IT-

Take it for what it is- I ll bring it to a polo match one day
I wont bring it to the fest- I dont wanna get stoned-

rick
Old 10-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #30
polo_pro
Advanced Member

Default Hmmm....what's in YOUR pipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombody
Take it for what it is- I ll bring it to a polo match one day
I wont bring it to the fest- I dont wanna get stoned-
Bring it to the fest...we're playing polo there. Maybe I could locate an elephant so we can see if we can put it up on the scooter and then ride around playing polo!

cmonkey, do you have any 84" polo mallets? 8^) 8^) 8^)

ps - Craig, did you lose your account password again? I was reading though your post above saying, "Hmmmm....this doesn't sound like Carolyn". Then I got to the end of it where everything suddenly was clear!