SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Kristina
Kristina is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Need to find a basket for carrying stuff

I like to go to Whole Foods on Sir Gway. However, Whole Foods has many delicious-looking items, and my silver mini-pack only holds so much. I saw this photo, (kcaps.com/shopping_bag.jpg) -"Seg-On Mini Carrier"-which would be ideal, but Wayne's site says he is now out of business. Anyone know where I can get one? Or similar? I'd rather not go the side-bags route.
Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Why not just use those cheap cloth shopping bags with the straps? Just drape them over the handles. I've done this successfully with 50 lbs. of groceries. You just have to be careful with not letting the LSF flop over to either side and steering you around when you don't want to. All it takes is a little more attention on keeping the LSF upright under the load. And you also have to be prepared to lean back further and faster in panic stops.

Also, leave the bags in your cart while you get up on the Segway in balance mode, THEN pick up the bags and drape them on the handles. It's not that hard or hairy.

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
nora k
nora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

kristina,

based on your description of the silver mini pack i'm presuming you have a gen I machine. is this correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
I like to go to Whole Foods on Sir Gway. However, Whole Foods has many delicious-looking items, and my silver mini-pack only holds so much. I saw this photo, (kcaps.com/shopping_bag.jpg) -"Seg-On Mini Carrier"-which would be ideal, but Wayne's site says he is now out of business. Anyone know where I can get one? Or similar? I'd rather not go the side-bags route.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
Nospin
Nospin is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Baskets

I went to the craft store and found a couple of baskets that I bungee to the cargo deck. The one pictured is Pepe's side car. We've been over some pretty rough mountain trails with this arrangement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Basket.jpg (88.1 KB, 55 views)
Nospin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
Kristina
Kristina is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Dan- That is good advice, especially about getting on before picking up the bag. I'll have to try that with a lighter load first & see how it feels. The thing I liked about Wayne's version was that it was low to the ground- seems like it wouldn't affect balance as much.

Nora- Yes, I have a gen 1.

Nospin- That photo is awesome. Where are you riding? I can't help but notice your sidepiece And I don't mean Pepe!
Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Try draping bags over the handlebars. I did that on my gen1 one, too. The balance difference is proportional to how much weight you're draping. Like you say, work up to it. I think you'll find it easier than you may suspect.

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote