SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
serrow
serrow is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default building up my new headlights

I seriously need some more light. Just bought me 2 fenix p3d q5 lights that I will affix to the segway. Hope to be able to post pics of my progress. I purchased a seg from a local poster here. He wrote up his lighting options http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=16814 but after taking a nasty wipe out using those lights - i need something better. w/ these new shiners, I potentially could have about 500 lumens. NiiiiIIIiiiiiice.

If you guys are real nerds like me, check out candlepowerforums.com - here's what i bought. https://www.fenix-store.com/product_...roducts_id=358

Last edited by serrow; 04-18-2008 at 05:29 PM..
serrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Segwaiian
Segwaiian is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Smile Very Illuminating

Isn't it hilarious how two guys in Honolulu are communicating with each other via SC?

Is that 500 lumens per headlight or for your two-lamp setup?

I use a Black Diamond Icon headlamp for lighting. It fits on my helmet, which allows me to direct its beam wherever I want, and has multiple modes and output levels. Most of the time I just strap it to the handlebar and light the path in front of me. Either way, I can take it with me when I have to lock up my i2 if I go into a store or restaurant during the evening.

The Icon is rated at 625 lux maximum. I used to use a Petzl Tikka XP, but I wanted a brighter LED lighting system that would get the attention of drivers who only look to the left when making their right turns instead of also checking to their right for pedestrians and gliders.

Aloha,
Roger
Old 04-19-2008, 03:45 AM   #3
serrow
serrow is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

it's about 225 lumens per stick. They are cheap. I didnt want to bolt on mu surefires for obvious reasons. I also didnt want to be locked into a bike-only type application. the fenix is a very versatile lite setup.
serrow is offline   Reply With Quote