SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #11
Dr.
Dr. is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTOBATTERY View Post
Thanks Alan for the positive feedback.

Dr., we have been around the bush a few times and like so many things in life a few people ruin it for all. People have filed lawsuits against us "because your instructions didn't say to unplug my soldering iron when I was done and now my garage caught fire" and incidents like such. Hence, we were obligated to protect our interests accordingly. I'll gladly provide some "advise" verbally over the phone but it should be considered as just that "advise" and not detailed instruction which would imply liability.
I can understand 100%.
Why not make instructions and write that "these instructions could contain errors and in case of any problem you are not responsible" or maybe put them online (torrent or peer-to-peer) and still sell the batteries without instructions.
In this second case, you will not be responsible for anything.

I suppose that even though the instructions aren't available in the package, you surely have some copies; could you ship the batteries normally to my address in Italy and anonimously send me the instructions via email?
This way, the sale could be done as usual and your instructions would only be an attachment in an email (to a new friend).

Please let me know.
Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #12
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

With all due respect, one should be careful about the source of one's legal advice.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, lithium, nimh