SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:09 AM   #11
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Room enough to glide for everyone here!

There is plenty of room in this Segway world play yard, for all. Some over their are playing Polo, a group in that corner is talking pimping, a couple of seggers are just out for a glide. Then there are those sitting by their segways having a bite to eat talking about what ever they want.

Plenty of room for everyone to do what it is they want to do!

Why does everyone seem to think that only ONE group has to do everything, and everyone has to do the same thing.

Info Key was great as our (everyones) online glidezine. SA did not have the manpower to put out a newsletter, so Chris did it, and it was great,while it lasted!

No one group, person or entity rules this world, nor should it. Everyone should enjoy doing what they find fun. There will be some cross overs, and yes, even some disagreements. But in the end we are all celebrating the same thing, the Segway PT.

Just cause you do it different than I do it, does not mean that any of us are better than the other.

Sadly, when it was announced that Info Key was to shut down, it did not remove itself from the online world right then and there. That is when the maggots got to what was left of a great Segway site, and as we saw it was not a pretty death scene.

Glide along folks, the funeral is over!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #12
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
How you guys redirected the Info Key.

Stan, call the plumber, I think there is another leak in the basement!

This time it is not a stone in the sump pump!
I guess the webmaster of SA is aware that unwanted redirections are easily blocked and or redirected elsewhere.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:58 PM   #13
Brooster
Advanced Member
Brooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to all

5 yr Member

I can tell you this ...

No one ever impersonated me. If an "anonymous" post said it was from the Brooster, it was from the Brooster.

I'll miss the place. And I think that saying it became a "sewer" is perhaps overstating the point for the benefit of the few who may not have appreciated the "tell it like it is" stance the site always had.

This isn't a commentary against SegAmerica in any way. It's just what it says above.

Best,
Broo
Old 11-17-2006, 12:13 AM   #14
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

As I said in my post, I was not commenting on anything but the recent decline of the site...

There were posts that identified themselves as from KSagal that were not from me, and included profanity and inflamitory remarks to friends of mine.

Am I supposed to find that of value? I was not happy to find that disreputable people found it okay to take the name of another and lie and make statements that were mean.

I maintain, I am not sorry to see this site gone, because of what it became, not because of anything else...

I should say, I had stopped checking in some time ago, for my own reasons, and only found out about the lies by friends asking me if I was aware of what people were posting with my name. I did not discover them on my own, but had my friends insulted, and they called me to confirm that I would not have said such things...

Now, these are people I know. What would a person who does not know me, think about a post that was made in my name?

I am glad that no one took Brooster's name. I ask, what would he feel if someone had?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:57 AM   #15
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post

So shut your mouth about the usefullness of The Info Key.
It acted while Seg America planned a party.

Jonathan

Okay this is not cool. We all have passion for what we believe in (as is seen in almost every political post) lets keep these posts attack-free.

There are much more diplomatic ways of saying what you're trying to say.

I gather there are offline issues to be dealt with here... Deal with them offline.

Thanks,
Sal
Old 11-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #16
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation my mouth closed...

taken offline....

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote