SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:10 AM   #11
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Josh,

I'm disappointed, it took you more than 20 hours to respond.

Nope, I'm not misled, just well read.
And no, I'm not misguided nor do I feel totally lied to.

As I've said before, I don't condemn Clinton for having sexual relations with that woman (something he consistently denies), I blame him for lying, out and out lying, even while under oath. Oh, and he still does. By the way, if you want justice served to folks who lied to us, what do you want to happen to Clinton?

I also don't get offended by criticism but I do dislike continued bashing without facts to back it up. I can name countless times you (and others) have done that.

Osama Bin Laden is real, Osama Bin Laden is somebody we should all worry about, and, for your edification, if Clinton had done the hunting when he first became a threat, maybe we wouldn't be in Iraq and Afghanistan now.

And speaking of wars, how many of our brave men and women died in Bosnia?

For the record, I am against undocumented workers, do not believe that illegal immigrants have rights, and absolutely hate the Spanish version of our National Anthem.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #12
Buckaroo Banzai
Buckaroo Banzai is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Wink ok, then what??

Hi Grumpy,

Well read? Fair and balanced right? Ok. I’ll take your word for it. Lol. So are Cheney and Rice. Oy vey! We aren’t going to agree about Bubba either, no big surprise. I think the man (or woman) with his (or her) hand on “the red button” should get all the sex they want to ease the stress. (Paid for with tax-dollars if need be.) Not my business, can be classified. Lol. History will decide who was a better leader. I like Rolling Stone magazine’s current take on it.

I don’t recall loosing thousands of soldiers with tens of thousands of our boys (and girls) maimed in Clinton’s war. At least he was up front about his "nation-building". No real oil there either, right?

http://www.nytimes.com/specials/bosn...us-troops.html

Remember when Bush said force would be used in Iraq as a “LAST RESORT”? Guess he wasn’t under oath when he got on TV and SPOKE TO THE PEOPLE. That is my favorite of dozens of Bush’s lies. Let’s get him under oath about his "(s)elections", 9/11, Iraq, Katrina, Spy-gate or his “energy policy” and see what happens. Lol. Sex or War lies? I’ll take the sex, everytime.

Ok. So after we deport 14 million hard-working people and nuke Iran, then what? Who's next? Peace and prosperity? Over-rated right? Not enough cash to be made that way for some. (Not you, I think.)

Hmmmm, imagine Elian Gonzalez times 14 MILLION. Sure you’ve thought this one through? IMO, hearing our national anthem in languages from all around the world would make me feel even more proud to be an American. Also, no offense, but an American living in the UAE declaring that our mostly poor, "undocumented" workers here "have no rights" is down right scary. Works there I guess... for some.

As for the rest, Bush is your man. I get it. Enjoy him. He's all yours. He’d be a great president… for the UAE. Lol. I hear he is drinking again and Laura is sleeping in a hotel room much of the time. She has some sense. Shame she isn’t president. Her taste in “men”? Well…

Anyway…

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - James Madison

And...

Seen this?? Funny stuff. Colbert and Kristol the neo-conn and the neoneo-con hard at work.
“I’m an anti-nuke neocon and you’re a pro-nuke neocon.”

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/TCR-Kristol-PNAC.mov

or for you PC types...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/04/28.html#a8079

Wouldn’t it be interesting to take a political poll of Segway owners?
Are there more “tree huggers” or do more of the type of folks with the disposable income to buy a Segway tend to be a bit conservative? I hear Dean I$ a Republican. Arrrgh.

Lastly, heard this song? Like the Beatles? Very funnny.

http://decider.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

Peace Grumpy.

Last edited by Buckaroo Banzai; 04-28-2006 at 10:40 PM..
Buckaroo Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #13
RC Mike
Account Suspended
RC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai
Ok. So after we deport 14 million hard-working people and nuke Iran, then what?
OK, I may be a moron, but come on Josh.

PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!

GWB says we cannot deport 11M illegals.

Rummy says people speculating on nuking Iran are "wildly speculating."

Get a clue.

No need to be dumb,

Mike

fyi, some "anthem" that says we stole California from the "Mexicans, not hispanics" (Hispanics are the white europeans who occupied north central america) is not American. It says we are an illegitamite country, and you Josh, are a squatter on some Mexicans land.

Mike

Why bother listening to the President, he must be a rasisct moron since he has an R after his name.

we get it josh...

mike

Last edited by RC Mike; 04-29-2006 at 10:59 PM..
RC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #14
Buckaroo Banzai

5 yr Member
Cool Enough name calling already...

Enough name calling already.

We are all squatters on Indian and Mexican land. Some taken with money, some taken by genocide. It is our collective karma as a free nation to work through this. How about regime change in Mexico to help "fix" the problem or severe punishment for the employers who want slave labor like in the UAE (sorry Steven, my opinion)? I've never met a Mexican terrorist so the whole "terrorist excuse" is thinly veiled racism, IMO.

What about the Canadian border? No fence? No outcry? Maybe some folks are unhappy with the "browning" of America? Well, they better get used to it. Those folks can clean their own houses, raise their own children, fix their own cars and pick their own fruit. I've never met an "illegal" that refused to learn English and I interact with quite a few here in LA. Some are learning faster than others but every one I’ve met, without exception wants to learn English.

Some of our “founding fathers” wanted German to be our national language. Who cares who speaks what language here in the great melting-pot? Those who have ambition will learn English for their own benefit. The old adage is; generation one – no English, generation two – bi-lingual, generation three – English only. Happened in my family many, many generations ago on my father’s side.

We can and are "supporting" 14 million "illegals" and they pay tons in sales tax, etc. Maybe if we stopped building so many bombs and invading countries we could invest in our own people’s future. But alas, greed is our god it seems.

Declaring a group of people “has no rights”, “rounding them up” and deporting them sounds a lot like Nazism to me. I wonder who else should be rounded up? Gays, Jews, African-Americans, liberals?

As for Iran, time will tell.
Bush said himself recently that his "legacy" is to "fix" Iran.

“Rummy says people speculating on nuking Iran are "wildly speculating."
Now that’s hilarious! Put a fork in him, he’s done.

Also, there are MANY moderate Republicans I can respectfully disagree with on some issues and still respect as president. McCain, Powell, even Arnold (if he could run), Giuliani or Lieberman. But these sick, evangelical, racist, greed/war mongers who could care less about our troops and “have-nots” here at home turn my stomach. They call themselves Christians? Yikes. Compassionate conservatism? What a joke. Just talk to these people long enough and you will see where they stand. It has nothing to do with Jesus. Scary.

What exactly would this son-of-a-Bush have to do for the cool-aid drinkers to see him for what he is? IMO, and millions of others, he is a half-retarded, trust-fund kid with more guts than brains. Even his own parents didn't think he'd amount to much. I’d take Jeb over Alfred E. Newman any day.

Check this out from the White House Correspondents' dinner...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/04/29.html#a8104

Priceless.

Peace Mike.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #15
Buckaroo Banzai

5 yr Member
Thumbs down nuke test this month?

Just turned on the news.

If the idea of GWB nuking Iran is so crazy, why are we conducting a “bunker busting” nuke test this month?

Crazy? Yeah right.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #16
citivolus
citivolus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
We are all squatters on Indian and Mexican land. Some taken with money, some taken by genocide.
Be careful with such sweeping statements, we aren't all squatters Josh, just you Europeans, although I'm willing to make an exception for my father's side of the family. I'm amused by the Indian and Mexican land bit. You make it sound as if there is a difference. Surely you can't think the Spanish conquistadors or even Columbus himself were more entitled to the enslavement of the native population and theft of land than anyone else.
Quote:
I've never met a Mexican terrorist so the whole "terrorist excuse" is thinly veiled racism, IMO.
That's why there are rules for crossing borders, so you never get to meet a Mexican terrorist. I could equally say that I have never met a Saudi terrorist but that doesn't mean I think we shouldn't bother checking or think it's racist to do so. I guess I'm not as willing to make assumptions and judgements about the motives of others.
Quote:
We can and are "supporting" 14 million "illegals" and they pay tons in sales tax, etc.
Do you have numbers on the economic impact? Including costs for medical care, insurance rates, crime rates, etc. as well as the sales tax and whatever the "etc." might be on the revenue side. I think telling someone that they are bearing the burden of 14 M non-citizens, who only contribute a tiny fraction to society through sales tax, isn't exactly the most compelling arguement you can make.
Quote:
Declaring a group of people “has no rights”, “rounding them up” and deporting them sounds a lot like Nazism to me.
It's good to know you only see the worst in people. I guess it depends on whether you believe in the rule of law. Would you advocate opening all the prison gates and letting all the prisoners go or just not arrest them in the first place? Think of all the money we could put into education and health care if we didn't have to house the murders, rapists, et. al. (Don't bother bringing up the folks incarcerated for simply toking a doob since we probably agree that the "WoD" is lost and needs major rethinking.) There are a set of rules to cross borders to work or live, I don't claim to know why or what all the rules are but selective enforcement isn't any way to run a country and I don't see any reason to give people from Mexico or Canada a free pass simply because they can walk here. It's unfair to others like Taiwanese, Koreans, Africans, Mongolians, Saudis, ad infinitum.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #17
RC Mike
Account Suspended
RC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Enough name calling already.

We are all squatters on Indian and Mexican land. Some taken with money, some taken by genocide. It is our collective karma as a free nation to work through this. How about regime change in Mexico to help "fix" the problem or severe punishment for the employers who want slave labor like in the UAE (sorry Steven, my opinion)? I've never met a Mexican terrorist so the whole "terrorist excuse" is thinly veiled racism, IMO.

What about the Canadian border? No fence? No outcry? Maybe some folks are unhappy with the "browning" of America? Well, they better get used to it. Those folks can clean their own houses, raise their own children, fix their own cars and pick their own fruit. I've never met an "illegal" that refused to learn English and I interact with quite a few here in LA. Some are learning faster than others but every one I’ve met, without exception wants to learn English.

Some of our “founding fathers” wanted German to be our national language. Who cares who speaks what language here in the great melting-pot? Those who have ambition will learn English for their own benefit. The old adage is; generation one – no English, generation two – bi-lingual, generation three – English only. Happened in my family many, many generations ago on my father’s side.

We can and are "supporting" 14 million "illegals" and they pay tons in sales tax, etc. Maybe if we stopped building so many bombs and invading countries we could invest in our own people’s future. But alas, greed is our god it seems.

Declaring a group of people “has no rights”, “rounding them up” and deporting them sounds a lot like Nazism to me. I wonder who else should be rounded up? Gays, Jews, African-Americans, liberals?
OK, where to start?

Never heard of a Mexican terrorist? look at these links.
mexican mafia
kinda scary guy
im sure this would not be considered terrorism, the part about the baptisms
and of course, not mexican but...
ms13

There is plenty of uproar about the Canadian border. Canada's criminally loose imigration policy (sorry Canadians, but it is) makes the extremely porous northern border very scary. But papers like the LA Times and television like MSNBC and CNN don't report on it, as it interferes with the liberal concept of getting more voters by importing them wether legal or not, and calling anyone who wants to stop it racist(Yes, voters legal or not. Remember the drivers license for illegals Davis passed here Josh? Add in the motor/voter law we have here in CA and all the illegals who got liscences in the several month of that law are now registered voters).

Sure they pay sales tax, but that makes me a second class citizen in my own country, as I am forced to pay a "citizen penalty" called an income tax, capital gains tax, estate tax, social security disibility insurance tax, etc...

As far as rights, i believe that they have rights. The right to due process of law, the right to an attorney, and the right to abide by the laws of this country would be among those rights. Under todays laws, that does make them eligible for a flight to Mexico City. I, along with many others thinks this should be changed. I think some kind of fine, back taxes, and registration for a background check would be a better option. Most of them come to this country to provide for their family. I can understand that. Even your favorite "son-of-a-Bush" understands that.
Bush speaks to conservative audience

Quote:
As for Iran, time will tell.
Bush said himself recently that his "legacy" is to "fix" Iran.

“Rummy says people speculating on nuking Iran are "wildly speculating."
Now that’s hilarious! Put a fork in him, he’s done.

Also, there are MANY moderate Republicans I can respectfully disagree with on some issues and still respect as president. McCain, Powell, even Arnold (if he could run), Giuliani or Lieberman. But these sick, evangelical, racist, greed/war mongers who could care less about our troops and “have-nots” here at home turn my stomach. They call themselves Christians? Yikes. Compassionate conservatism? What a joke. Just talk to these people long enough and you will see where they stand. It has nothing to do with Jesus. Scary.

What exactly would this son-of-a-Bush have to do for the cool-aid drinkers to see him for what he is? IMO, and millions of others, he is a half-retarded, trust-fund kid with more guts than brains. Even his own parents didn't think he'd amount to much. I’d take Jeb over Alfred E. Newman any day.

Check this out from the White House Correspondents' dinner...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/04/29.html#a8104

Priceless.

Peace Mike.
The rest of this is not worth commenting on, so I will refrain from responding in kind. Although, you might want to know that Lieberman is a Democrat
Old 04-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #18
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Josh,

Come on...your last two posts aren't worthy of you as you usually come up with better (albeit still lame) arguments. Points:

Quote:
We are all squatters on Indian and Mexican land. Some taken with money, some taken by genocide.
- If it was taken with money that means it was sold, thereby it is the property of the purchaser(s). If it was taken with force (e.g. in a war) then it is the old adage "to the victor go the spoils" applies.

Quote:
employers who want slave labor like in the UAE

- Tired old FALSE argument...and I'm sure you believed Syriana also.

Quote:
I've never met a Mexican terrorist so the whole "terrorist excuse" is thinly veiled racism, IMO.
- Did you ever meet an American terrorist? Does Timothy McVeigh ring a bell?

Quote:
What about the Canadian border? No fence? No outcry?
- How many illegal entries a day are made via the Canadian border? One always focuses ones efforts where they will do the most good and while there are illegal entries on the Canadian border, our efforts are best spent to contain the most illegal entries which occour along the MEXICAN border.

Quote:
Maybe some folks are unhappy with the "browning" of America? Well, they better get used to it.
- Really? How racist of a remark is that? Your true colors are showing.

Quote:
I've never met an "illegal" that refused to learn English and I interact with quite a few here in LA. Some are learning faster than others but every one I’ve met, without exception wants to learn English.
- You finally got it right...they are in this country ILLEGALLY.

- Also, if they aren't willing to learn English then why are there large pockets of people who can't speak English? Why is there a push in Texas and Florida (and I believe CA but can't swear to it) to allow Spanish only classes in school? What about the push in those states to name Spanish as a State language?

Quote:
- Illegal residents are NOT our own people, they are illegally in the US and, as such, have little or no rights that are granted to our citizens (not to say they don't have rights, just not AMERICAN Citizen rights).

- Additionally, do you realize how much money is SENT OUT of the US by those same illegal residents. Money that if spent in the US would drastically change the shape of our economy?

Quote:
- As always you like to mix apples and oranges. Nobody said anything about rounding anybody up nor about deporting them. In fact, the OPPOSITE has been said.

- Why do you compare illegal residents to legal American residents (be they homosexual, of Jewish heritage, of African heritage (NOT African Americans but Americans of African heritage), or other? Illegal residents have not AMERICAN Citizen rights. Full stop.

Unfortunately your way of thinking, that of branding folks with labels, is a big reason that we have hate mongering.

Yes, we are a melting pot country BUT what has made this country strong is that we have had a common set of goals, ideals, and principles. Other commonalites has always been our ONE language, unlike so many other "Unions" which speak a variety of languages and have disparate goals.

And btw, before you rise any higher on your high horse, let me tell you a tad bit more about myself.

- I am of Hispanic descent, fully 1/2 Hispanic in fact, and very proud of my heritage.

- BUT, I am prouder (more proud?), in fact very proud to be an American.

- I still get shivers every time I hear the National Anthem (in English please!) and still stand and face the flag, at attention, if there is one nearby.

- I don't care if you are white, black, yellow, brown, pink, blue, or whatever....I will treat you the same.

- I believe we are AMERICANS first, with a long, long history of accepting people of all races, colors, and creeds, but we are AMERICANS first.

- I am ANTI labels. As I said above, it isn't African American, it is an AMERICAN of African descent. It isn't Mexican American, it is an AMERICAN of Mexican descent. Is isn't Arab American, it is an AMERICAN of Arab descent.

- I do NOT believe that we should pay for illegal residents to have the services that are meant for AMERICAN citizens or those in the country legally. Emergency services are one thing....but standard tax-paid services are another.

- And yes, I am ANTI affirmative action

Yep, I'm hard-core. But rules are there for a reason...why don't we just follow them?

Steven

Last edited by Desert_Seg; 04-30-2006 at 03:27 PM..
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #19
RC Mike
Account Suspended

5 yr Member

Quote:
Just turned on the news.

If the idea of GWB nuking Iran is so crazy, why are we conducting a “bunker busting” nuke test this month?

Crazy? Yeah right.
link? channel? source?

Mike
Old 04-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #20
citivolus
citivolus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:

Crazy? Yeah right.
Nice try. I assume your gross exaggeration is in reference to the test planned for 2 June in Nevada that isn't a nuclear test. Believe it or not, a "nuke test" actually requires fissile nuclear material.
"DTRA will detonate 700 tons - roughly 37 truckloads - of an explosive stew developed in Utah, ammonium nitrate and No. 2 fuel oil, in a 37-foot-deep, 32-foot-diameter pit."
But hey, why let a little detail like facts get in the way.

Whole thing here.
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_3756561