SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
If you consider airdale's suggestion, I believe it would be very important to try it before buying.
As like most reputable Segway dealers.. The RYNO is only offered at one dealer, and as of now and you must pass a test to buy one..
Old 01-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default What about the RYNO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
As like most reputable Segway dealers.. The RYNO is only offered at one dealer, and as of now and you must pass a test to buy one..
What kind of test? American History? Math? A driving test on the RYNO? I am curious.

I would love to hear from some who own them.

When segways were first introduced, you had to go to the factory for a class to buy one. Shortly after that, they trained a bunch of trainers who would come to your house, if you lived far away and did not want to go to the factory. Of course, this was all before the dealer network.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
airdale

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
What kind of test? American History? Math? A driving test on the RYNO? I am curious.

I would love to hear from some who own them.

When segways were first introduced, you had to go to the factory for a class to buy one. Shortly after that, they trained a bunch of trainers who would come to your house, if you lived far away and did not want to go to the factory. Of course, this was all before the dealer network.
As usual your a........... trip !.... Figure it out there is this thing called the internets, and you could try the google and all the answers are right there....

Last thread was closed to the same kind of BS...

Last edited by airdale; 01-01-2014 at 08:47 AM..
Old 01-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Off-Topic re: RYNO According to "the internet" (and a bit different than airdale's statements):

1. There are no advertised "dealers" except for the headquarters in Oregon. Latest address that I was able to find: 1704 SE 22nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97214. From Google Earth, this looks like a residence.

2. Can apparently be pre-ordered without taking a test (other than perhaps sending money). "Delivery of RYNO s will come in early 2014. All pre-ordered bikes MUST be picked up at an authorized dealer where new RYNO owners will need to go through a brief training program before bringing home their RYNO."

3. Currently priced at $5,295.00 (with SLA batteries). Can upgrade to Lithium batteries "for an additional fee". And you can add the 'RYNO Rack" (to hold saddlebags) for $169.95.

If I got any of that wrong, perhaps airdale can elaborate - but I personally think this has gone far enough off-topic. It doesn't seem really helpful to the OP.

Additional references:

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/...s_to_prod.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/...to_a_one-.html

Last edited by dale@thecoys.net; 01-01-2014 at 11:50 AM..
Old 01-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #5
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
As usual your a........... trip !.... Figure it out there is this thing called the internets, and you could try the google and all the answers are right there....

Last thread was closed to the same kind of BS...
Calm down. This is a segway thread, about a person asking about segways. YOU were the one that went off topic, and brought up the potential for the RYNO, which is not yet available for ownership. You are the one who went off topic, and that was the reason stated for the closing of the last thread.

Also, regardless of my jokes, I was the one bringing it back on topic by tying it back to a segway topic of also having to prove your ability to use a segway to buy a segway, back when they were first introduced. (As you claimed is required to buy a RYNO)

You should not be so quick to claim that other people are the cause of a thread being off topic, or going off topic, when you were the one that went off topic first.

Don't get me wrong, I go off topic all the time. Just not this time, and I am not alone. We all need to take responsibility for our selves, not just assign blame to others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 01-01-2014 at 03:31 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #6
william collins
william collins will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Nothing but a Giant Solowheel with a seat. and ten times the price
Old 01-03-2014, 12:59 AM   #7
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by william collins View Post
The solowheel is $500?
Old 01-03-2014, 01:44 AM   #8
william collins
william collins will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default the going price

I won an Auction on eBay for a Solowheel at $480 and paid something over a $100 for shipping
Old 01-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #9
KSagal

Quote:
I won an Auction on eBay for a Solowheel at $480 and paid something over a $100 for shipping
Really? How do you like your solo wheel? I have always been curious about them.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #10
airdale

5 yr Member
Default Please compair apples to apples

Quote:
And that would make a Segway what? Cheaper?

I use these as my transportation period....

I am disabled and have very little options, so anytime someone new comes into the market it should be examined...

As from the RYNO we site:

RYNO is working with regulatory consultants to obtain clearance from authorities in each state to use the RYNO on sidewalks, bike lanes and anyplace pedestrians can go. The RYNO is similar to an “Electric Personal Assistive Mobility Device” or “Personal Motorized Mobility Device” so it should fall under each states laws with respect to this classification. The laws differ from state to state, so it is important that potential purchasers and RYNO users carefully review their state regulations and comply with any special requirements. Many cities and municipalities have their own laws with relation to “Personal Motorized Mobility Devices”, so please check with your local government officials as well.

With that said, we have ridden the RYNO all over Portland, OR and have not had any problems over the last few years with local authorities and have taken it on our Max Train, into various office buildings, as well using it on sidewalks all over downtown.