SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:04 AM   #11
CallMeBoB
CallMeBoB is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
OK, let's first figure out what you have.

1. What does the "key" look like. The device you use to turn it on?
2. What (if anything) does it say on the fenders?
3. How wide are the tires (approximately)?

4. How are you trying to turn it on?
5. What exactly happens when you try to turn it on?

Perhaps more questions to follow, after these are answered.
Oh, and I'm just curious - why are you concerned with what happens "when you turn it off", when you can't turn it on yet?
Hey Dale, I think something went wrong since my post never were posted in here. I'm Sorry to have dissappointed you, but I have a lot going on atm. If you still feel like helping I will answer the questions.

1. I haven't received a key for the Segway, are they usually turned on by a physical key? I've received two driving computers with it, which I thought would be the way to turn it on.
2. & 3. It's a I2 model, so nothing on the fenders but a Segway logo, and thin tires.
4. & 5. I'm just trying to charge it which it can't atm. When I try to charge it, it will go flickering between red and green lights. It seems like the powerinput is loose in the Segway, since It's possible to "wiggle" the powerinput back and forth.

I hope this englightens the problem a bit more. Good day out there.

Kind regards
CallMeBoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:10 AM   #12
CallMeBoB

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbint View Post
OK

Now we are getting somewhere.
If the Lean Steer is off center, it is a simple matter to reset.
Loosen the bolt, center the lean steer, gently tighten the bolt, wiggle the lean steer a few times, and tighten the bolt a bit more each time.

If either the platform is leaned substantially back or forward, or the leansteer is substantially off center, the Segway will not start.
It has to be roughly in the right attitude to start.

Does this assist ?

Michael
Hey Michael thank you for answering! I'm getting the tools today so lets cross our fingers for that being the problem. Since I can't charge the badboy, I can't really figure out if there's a problem with this function yet

- Bob
Old 09-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #13
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeBoB View Post
Hey Dale, I think something went wrong since my post never were posted in here. I'm Sorry to have dissappointed you, but I have a lot going on atm. If you still feel like helping I will answer the questions.

1. I haven't received a key for the Segway, are they usually turned on by a physical key? I've received two driving computers with it, which I thought would be the way to turn it on.
2. & 3. It's a I2 model, so nothing on the fenders but a Segway logo, and thin tires.
4. & 5. I'm just trying to charge it which it can't atm. When I try to charge it, it will go flickering between red and green lights. It seems like the powerinput is loose in the Segway, since It's possible to "wiggle" the powerinput back and forth.

I hope this englightens the problem a bit more. Good day out there.

Kind regards
Thanks for persisting to answer. I wasn't originally sure what model you had.

The "key" for the I2 is a round black thing, about the size of a really big wristwatch, and it has a screen. That's probably what you are calling a "driving computer". Each of them has an internal battery, and one of the buttons on the side is used to turn on the Segway.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #14
dale@thecoys.net

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeBoB View Post
4. & 5. I'm just trying to charge it which it can't atm. When I try to charge it, it will go flickering between red and green lights.
There are 7 lights on the top of the base.

5 of them are arranged in the shape of a "+". Are any of them flickering at all?

The other two are arranged in a straight line, one forward of the other. Are those the ones that are flickering? Please describe in detail what you see. For instance, is one of them always flickering red, and the other always green? Or what? Details, please.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #15
MagiMike
MagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee
Default Segway I2 "key" is called InfoKey Controller

Follow this link to see picture of the "Key" and information on what the buttons should do. Page 39
InfoKey Controller Buttons

http://www.segway.com/media/1195/240...ser-manual.pdf

See also page 66

"I'm virtually certain that my avatar is real or really certain that it's virtual.... Or vice versa,"
MagiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #16
CallMeBoB

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
There are 7 lights on the top of the base.

5 of them are arranged in the shape of a "+". Are any of them flickering at all?

The other two are arranged in a straight line, one forward of the other. Are those the ones that are flickering? Please describe in detail what you see. For instance, is one of them always flickering red, and the other always green? Or what? Details, please.
Okay so either the two bottom ones will go red, or both go green, I even think that the + went green aswell at some point. If I insert the power input slowly it will at first go green but then red at the two bottom ones, you can sometimes hold the powerplug in a certain position and keep it green for just 1-4 seconds or so. But basically it flickers a lot between green and red on the two bottom ones when you finally plug it all the way in. It will end up being two red lights and usually it will just go dead after 10 seconds or so.

And to the key question, yes I have the watch looking thing with a lock and turn on sign
Old 09-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #17
dale@thecoys.net

5 yr Member

Here's the section of the manual about the battery charger. See step 2 below for the next thing to do. But I also suggest you try to obtain a new charging cord (it's a rather standard cord type that should be available in your area).

Battery Charge Indicator Lights
Two Battery Charge Indicator lights on the Console indicate the charge status of the Batteries when the PT is plugged in. The front Battery Charge Indicator light corresponds to the front Battery and the rear Battery Charge Indicator light corresponds to the rear Battery (see Figure 58). The Battery Charge Indicator lights provide independent information regarding whether each Battery is charging. When the PT is plugged in and charging, both Battery Charge Indicator lights will be flashing or solid green. If one or both Battery Charge Indicator lights is red or fails to illuminate, there is a charging problem with the corresponding Battery. For more information, see "Charging Failures" below.
Charging Failures
If a failure is detected during charging, all charging will stop. Depending on the nature of the failure, a solid red Charge Indicator light displays or the Charge Indicator light will be off. If either or both Charge Indicator lights are red or off, check the following:
If the Charge Indicator lights are off, check that AC power is present, and ensure the Power Cord is fully seated in the Charge Port.
If AC power is present and the Charge Indicator lights are either red or off, unplug the power cord, then remove and reseat the Batteries. For instructions, see "Remove the Batteries" (p. 106) and "Install the Batteries" (p. 22).
If these actions fail to resolve the problem, contact an Authorized Segway Dealer or Distributor.