SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #42
Peter Doubt
Peter Doubt is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumonron View Post
So, Amazon introduced me and I researched and have ordered a Black Minipro. Never owned a "Hoverboard" and I do not consider this to be one. I owned an electric scooter and had so much fun years ago. It's long been dead and I had an itch for another electric personal transport and well, after the kick by Amazon, I went all in.
I just ordered one from Amazon, too. I've got a bum left foot and I'm hoping this will help me get around at fairs and music fests. I called Amazon to make sure of the Prime return policy of one month just in case I can't use it.
Peter Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:55 PM   #43
Peter Doubt
Peter Doubt is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Does anyone know if you can leave it plugged in or will that hurt the battery?
Peter Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:01 PM   #44
swkmini
swkmini is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Instructions state a green light will be on the charger when the charger goes into trickle mode.
swkmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #45
TXBodean
TXBodean is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I have had the miniPro for about two weeks now. I had never been on any Segway before and was a bit apprehensive, but I LOVE it. I take it on dirt, grass, gravel and any combination thereof. I do wish that there were other tire options though. There is some slippage off pavement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXBodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #46
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

This thing is pretty "not bad." There are lots of gimmicky things about it, the app is terrible and looks like a native English speaker never got a look at it, but overall it is pretty good for the price!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:08 PM   #47
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
There are lots of gimmicky things about it, the app is terrible and looks like a native English speaker never got a look at it, but overall it is pretty good for the price!
Yeah, that's one of my main concerns about the miniPRO. Segway's reputation is amazing, and pretty synonymous with "quality." The English used in the miniPRO app could really use a look-over by a native English speaker. I'm really surprised that the awesome folks in Bedford didn't have/take the opportunity to QA the English translation of the product, QA the phone apps, etc.

All that said: $800 Segway. Oh my...whoo!
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #48
dl1955
dl1955 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default payload limit

I've read that the payload is 220lb max. I'm 250lb and wondered if anyone out there has ridden this at that weight limit.

I have an X2 and I have a friend that is 275lb and can ride it without any issues.

Even though this is really not made by Segway, will it have that safety like the I2/X2 do by beeping and handlebar shake telling its at its limits?

thanks for any replies...
dl1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:17 PM   #49
gregn
gregn is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I received my Mini Pro on Friday of this week. WAs functional in about 10 minutes. I believe there is some tech on there that learns your style because it got really intuitive the more I rode it. I got it because I work on a farm and have to travel to all places on the 5 acres many times in a day. I do the maintenance as well as other things. I love walking and will still do quite a bit but sometimes time is important and this device will save me a lot. The farm is gravel roads and grass. I brought it there for the first time today and it was wonderful. Handled all the train fine. I weight 216 so I'm at the higher end of it's weight limit. I found it would beep and slow me down a little if I tried to go up a hill too fast. Very subtle and not a problem. I was able to do a couple of things that were very impressive.
There was a big cooler full of old veggies to be composted as well as a tub of the same on a 4 wheel cart with a nice high handle. I was able to pull that beside me down ( key word here) to the compost pile with amazing control. I pulled it beside me in case the cart took off. It's so nice to have free hands and the cart didn't pull me around at all. I was able to bring it back up the hill when it was empty.
I also was able to move a big two wheeled wheelbarrow with ease.
This is a very safe predictable and stable device.
gregn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #50
gregn
gregn is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl1955 View Post
I've read that the payload is 220lb max. I'm 250lb and wondered if anyone out there has ridden this at that weight limit.

I have an X2 and I have a friend that is 275lb and can ride it without any issues.

Even though this is really not made by Segway, will it have that safety like the I2/X2 do by beeping and handlebar shake telling its at its limits?

thanks for any replies...
An update after using it for work for a few beeps or push back. days. It seems the weight limit is really a power limit. If you ask too much of it you get beeps and a push back. The heavier you are the quicker that warning comes. It seems they set 220 as a point where riding pleasure might be compromised. I have found climbing hills I have to just go slower. Off road will require reduced speed to. Not a bad thing. It works for me for what I am doing with it. Totally fine on flat pavement. I can't stick it at max speed but 8 mph works fine.
Again I am 216. I suspect 250 would give you more warnings earlier but if you keep the speed requests reasonable I think you could still use it. I pulled a 200lb person on a four wheeled cart today. Slow start but once going it was fine. This is on gravel. No beeps or push back.
gregn is offline   Reply With Quote