SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #11
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I *think* in 2014, you could have either an I2 or an SE - They announced the SE version in the spring of that year. One of the experts here will correct me if I'm wrong

Maybe . . . . yours is a 2011 or 2012 and the 'Model 2014' in your photo means something else

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:58 AM   #12
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Awesome photos! The really amazing thing is how spectacularly clean this thing is. It’s basically brand new!

Seriously, get MTO Battery’s opinion on those batteries. They’ve discharged but given the condition of everything, likely have almost no charging cycles on them. He may be able to revive them. If not, worst case, Don M’s batteries are a great start.

Keep us updated! I’m hoping that Infokey pops up soon for you. That really is a beautiful Segway - you’ve scored big time!
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:08 AM   #13
dmurphy

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M View Post
I *think* in 2014, you could have either an I2 or an SE - They announced the SE version in the spring of that year. One of the experts here will correct me if I'm wrong

Maybe . . . . yours is a 2011 or 2012 and the 'Model 2014' in your photo means something else

Don
Most likely a 2011 or 2012. Model 2014xxx is just the model number.

For the serial number, lift up the back of the right foot mat. The serial number sticker is on the back “lip” under the mat. You’ll see it when you lift it up.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:00 AM   #14
eucarmy
eucarmy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
Awesome photos! The really amazing thing is how spectacularly clean this thing is. It’s basically brand new!

Seriously, get MTO Battery’s opinion on those batteries. They’ve discharged but given the condition of everything, likely have almost no charging cycles on them. He may be able to revive them. If not, worst case, Don M’s batteries are a great start.

Keep us updated! I’m hoping that Infokey pops up soon for you. That really is a beautiful Segway - you’ve scored big time!
Yea I just paid Don for his used set. I guess I could send the original set to MTO but I would be amazed if they could revive them. I am quite interested to get it turned on to see the mileage! It does appear to be hardly used for sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eucarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:07 PM   #15
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I would check with MTO & see what they say - Usually, if the batteries are too deeply discharged for the machine to recharge them they can be 'rejuvenated' *if* the voltage is low . . . . like 20 or 30 volts, but if they have been sitting at Zero volts for months and months, I think they'll tell you that the prognosis isn't very good. They may be able to get them back to where they will accept a charge, but they'll never be anything like they used to be

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:35 PM   #16
eucarmy

5 yr Member

I just got the batteries from Don. I installed them and was glad to see my two red charge lights are now green. Just have to get the Infokey....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #17
dmurphy

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucarmy View Post
I just got the batteries from Don. I installed them and was glad to see my two red charge lights are now green. Just have to get the Infokey....
That’s fantastic!! They should start blinking once the batts are fully charged/topped off. Now all you need is an Infokey and you’re off to the races.

I’m excited for you!!

— Dennis
Old 03-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #18
eucarmy

5 yr Member

Unfortunately the prior owner can not find the Infokey so I just called Vince. He is going to hook me up with a brand new key.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:53 AM   #19
plumber802
plumber802 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I love this thread.The anticipation is killin' me!
plumber802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:05 AM   #20
eucarmy

5 yr Member

Haha, me too. I contacted Vince from Texas Segway and he got me hooked up with a brand new InfoKey FAST. It's already programmed and in the mail. I should have it early next week. I posted a video on my channel that includes stuff on the I2. If you just want the I2 part it starts about 15:30

I'm not sure how you post a YouTube link in here correctly, it looks like the link is the blank line? Here is the link in plain text.