SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
OPMD
OPMD is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default SegSaddle on I2 SE?

I have a SegSaddle ( no longer made ) I've been using for years on a 2009 X2 that I "converted" to an I2. Unfortunately my I2/X2 has died. I'd like to replace it with a used I2.

I've been seeing used I2 SEs for pretty good prices but I don't know if the SegSaddle will a Second Edition.

The post for the SegSaddle misses the rear most curved part of the lean steer column on my I2/X2 by about 3/16". The SegSaddle mounts to the Segway using the 4 screws under the foot pads.

Anyone know if the SegSaddle would fit the I2 SE? I miss my Segway.

Thanks.

Jeff

p.s. I haven't been able to check the forum as often as I'd like. It my be a few days before I can check back.
OPMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:40 PM   #2
Philip
Philip will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default SegSaddle on SE

Hi Jeff

I've sold about half a dozen SegSaddles about a decade or so ago, so I am familiar with the product. These days, I don't actually have one in my workshop to take a look at, however.

I don't think your SegSaddle will fit the SE, unless you modify it. This is because the front of the SegSaddle bolts into the two holes on the PowerBase located either side of the front end of the pivot. The SE pivot uses these two holes. A workshop should be able to resolve this problem for you, one way or another.

The other problem may be that the front of the SE centre console might rise up too high...you might need to physically check this for yourself? If it won't fit I don't know how you'd work around it.

If it helps, here is the manual for the SegSaddle.

https://www.justshopok.com/images/st...nual_v1-3c.pdf

Philip
Old 11-15-2019, 10:17 PM   #3
OPMD

5 yr Member

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your reply. I quit checking to see if anyone replied the day before you did. Such is life.

I didn't think about the console. I was more worried about the steering column. I also didn't know about the two front holes. I know someone that could do the machining for new holes if this is possible.

Sounds like if I get a SE I might need to get a new seat also.

I'll keep looking for something local to see if a SE could work. If I find out I'll post something on the forum.

Thanks again

Jeff
Old 12-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #4
OPMD

5 yr Member

I got to try the SegSaddle onto an I2 SE. It does NOT fit.

The I2 SE console is too high.

The steering column hits the lower seat assembly before it can be fully slid in.

The front screws that the SegSaddle would need to attach to are raised raised on 1/4" pads so the SegSaddle won't bolt flat on the base plate.