SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
Wouterjansen60
Wouterjansen60 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default http://youtu.be/jCOeE8zLLDo

Just after 60 km i have noticed a serious and annoying noise produced by the gearbox or wheelbearings on both sides.

Is this a common problem? See this

Wouter
Wouterjansen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

This sounds like gear lash to me, which they all do.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
i2Macman
i2Macman is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Post Re: gear backlash

Agree with Pete. Sounds like the normal gear backlash to me and is similar to the sounds of my normally operating 2009 model I2. If you are experiencing wheel wobble - side to side wheel wobble, you may consider rotating one wheel should there be some slight flexion in the rim. This is less likely in your new unit but not impossible. Check with your dealer if you have any remaing doubts on either of these issues.
Best of luck and keep gliding often!
i2Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Wouterjansen60

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2Macman View Post
Agree with Pete. Sounds like the normal gear backlash to me and is similar to the sounds of my normally operating 2009 model I2. If you are experiencing wheel wobble - side to side wheel wobble, you may consider rotating one wheel should there be some slight flexion in the rim. This is less likely in your new unit but not impossible. Check with your dealer if you have any remaing doubts on either of these issues.
Best of luck and keep gliding often!

Hi, gearlash is - i think - notable in the direction of driving, not side to side. On the video the movement is side to side, sorry if i was a bit unclear.

Look forward to your oppinion.

Cheers, Wouter
Old 11-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
Wouterjansen60

5 yr Member
Default http://youtu.be/jCOeE8zLLDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouterjansen60 View Post
Just after 60 km i have noticed a serious and annoying noise produced by the gearbox or wheelbearings on both sides.

Is this a common problem? See this http://youtu.be/jCOeE8zLLDo

Wouter

http://youtu.be/jCOeE8zLLDo
Old 11-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouterjansen60 View Post
That sounds pretty normal to me, although either a measurement or tactile feedback would make it easier to judge.

It seems to be about the same amount of axial play that mine has had since new, 5000 miles ago.

It's normal to have some amount of axial play. Tight tolerances don't leave any room for lubrication, thermal expansion, tolerance -- Too tight can actually cause wear, outright failures (less likely in a low-speed application like this) or excess friction (reducing range and increasing load on the motors).

If it's enough to make you concerned, I *would* take that seriously enough to have it checked out by someone. It's just too hard to judge by a YouTube video to give you any blanket assurances. But I would not at all be surprised if your answer is "that's normal".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
IsegPrague
IsegPrague is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thank you for this video, very informative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prague Segway Tours
IsegPrague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:32 PM   #8
electroshock735
electroshock735 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I think that is pretty normal.. The two segways I've had have had that similar play in the wheels
electroshock735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:21 AM   #9
khosango
khosango is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

not bad .
khosango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:58 AM   #10
simsodep1683
simsodep1683 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

✨✨✨ Táº*I SAO PHẢI CHÄ‚M SÓC VIỀN GÂN LOA ✨✨✨
- NgoÃ*i những yếu tố tránh để nắng chiếu trá»±c tiếp vÃ*o loa hay ko để loa trong không gian nóng. Giữ cho loa không bị bụi bẩn thì má»™t vấn đề khá quan trọng đó lÃ* dưỡng ẩm, giữ ẩm cho gân loa của bạn để tăng tuổi thọ gân loa cÅ©ng nhÆ° giữ được chất âm luôn ở trạng thái tốt nhất.
- Bởi Viền nhún: thông thường sẽ được chế tạo bởi chất liệu giấy, vải (xếp gấp lại), có chức năng chÃ*nh chủ yếu lÃ* tạo Ä‘á»™ kÃ*n tÆ°Æ¡ng đối vÃ* Ä‘á»™ mềm dẻo cho loa bass. Do khÃ* háº*u, chủ yếu lÃ* miền Bắc khắc nghiệt hÆ¡n. Vá»›i mùa hè thì nóng mùa đông thì lạnh khô, mùa xuân lại ẩm nồm nên ảnh hưởng đến tuổi thọ của gân loa sẽ dá»… rách, tÃ*ch bụi bẩn cÅ©ng nhÆ° chai cứng theo thời gian. dẫn đến chất lượng âm thanh giảm theo thời gian.
📣📣📣CHÃ*nh vì váº*y #lkaudiozone giá»›i thiệu đến các bạn dòng sản phẩm chÃ*nh hãng Thái Lan #dầu_dưỡng_mềm_gân_loa để cùng bạn chăm sóc vÃ* cải thiện Ä‘á»™ ẩm #viền_loa của hệ thống âm thanh gia đình bạn
👍Dầu dưỡng gân loa Thái lan
- Sản phẩm giúp bạn phục hồi những viền loa đã bị chai cứng theo thời gian lấy lại được độ mềm dẻo.
- Cung cấp Ä‘á»™ ẩm vÃ* thẩm thấu dầu dưỡng vÃ*o viền loa giúp viền loa tăng tuổi thọ cÅ©ng nhÆ° duy trì được chất âm luôn nhÆ° ban đầu
Giá : 190.000VND / bộ
Lkaudio.vn
🐰 0898698986 - 0898698896
simsodep1683 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial clearance