SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default 2008 revisions to ADA

This is an item I had not seen before and did not find in a search here, so forgive me if it is old news... My youngest son, Donald (lawyer in training) just sent it to me.

2008 ADA Regulations Delayed
In June 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) proposed revisions to its ADA regulations, including DOJ's ADA Standards for Accessible Design. DOJ's 2008 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking suggested amending and clarifying several parts of its regulations that implement Titles II and III of the ADA. The public comment period for the proposed regulations ended on August 18, 2008. Many commenters endorsed the proposed rules, which appeared headed for final approval. However, on January 21, 2009, the Obama administration withdrew the proposed regulations pending review by officials appointed by President Obama. It is unknown when such review will occur. Withdrawal of the proposed rules does not affect existing ADA regulations, which remain in full force.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
This is an item I had not seen before and did not find in a search here, so forgive me if it is old news... My youngest son, Donald (lawyer in training) just sent it to me.

2008 ADA Regulations Delayed
In June 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) proposed revisions to its ADA regulations, including DOJ's ADA Standards for Accessible Design. DOJ's 2008 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking suggested amending and clarifying several parts of its regulations that implement Titles II and III of the ADA. The public comment period for the proposed regulations ended on August 18, 2008. Many commenters endorsed the proposed rules, which appeared headed for final approval. However, on January 21, 2009, the Obama administration withdrew the proposed regulations pending review by officials appointed by President Obama. It is unknown when such review will occur. Withdrawal of the proposed rules does not affect existing ADA regulations, which remain in full force.
Thanks Lily,

With the administration change a few things can happen.

The DOJ can go with the commentary and public comments as it was proposed in 2008.
The DOJ could start the process from the "get Go".
The DOJ could ignore all of it.

The third option is not going to happen.

Below is the links to the Public Comment and the Transcript of the Hearing.
The Title II and III amendments are the same.

Public Comments:
http://www.regulations.gov/search/Re...-CRT-2008-0016

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Re...-CRT-2008-0015

Transcript of Public Hearing:
http://www.ada.gov/NPRM2008/public_h...transcript.htm

Sorry gang I thought I had psoted this info, my bad !

Be Big,
AMAC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote