SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
gracefuli
gracefuli is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile A travel question and a Thank you!

Hi Folks- I just came back from a business trip, where i took my seg for the first time. Thanks to the knowledge, advice and suggestions you folks have shared it all went very smoothly AND i'm doing it again next week!

Before hand: i read your info on airline travel and printed out the airline policy and the fed regulations and ada summary you posted. Had them in my bag- but never needed them!

Bubbled wrapped the shaft and controls before handing it over to airline folks at the gate. And had some wrap in the bag, as suggested, to help cushion any falls.

Transportation to the airport was more challenging- finding a car service willing to do it without it costing a fortune took some work. Ground transportation at the airport and hotel with taxis's was fine. Most were mini vans that dropped the last seat. Had one driver who had no intention of helping to load/unload the seg- so we just sent him off and got the next taxi.

The only addition i will add next week, is a very large plastic bag that fits over the seway bag and top of the seg. During the week it was put under buses in their storage sections- many of these were very dirty and made the segbag much dirtier than i like.

Any suggestions on handling luggage? That is probably the last thing keeping from being independent in travel.

So once again- THANK YOU for being there and forging the path for others. Thank you also for giving me (and i'm sure many others!) the confidence to really use the segway as a mobility device. Please know that many of us read your info- but may not write as often as we should, and certainly don't say thank you nearly enough!
grace
gracefuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
wallacecraig
wallacecraig is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Citations to regs & rules

In your blog you mentioned rules and regs that you had gotten copy of before transporting your segway. Can you send my copies or give me cites. My e-mail "wallacecraig1 (at) yahoo (dot) com"
Many thanks

Last edited by wwhopper; 04-17-2009 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Trying to beat the spammers from getting to this new member
wallacecraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacecraig View Post
In your blog you mentioned rules and regs that you had gotten copy of before transporting your segway. Can you send my copies or give me cites. My e-mail "wallacecraig1 (at) yahoo (dot) com"
Many thanks

Welcome.

You can find the info your looking for at www.DRAFT.org in the "Advocacy & Education section:

http://208.112.97.123/EducationAdvoc...5/Default.aspx

Be Big,
AMAC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote