SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:04 AM   #11
cruiter
cruiter is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

OMG
I watched it through once then again when I called my wife in. Ultimate polo. Guess I'm going to have to start collecting $50 junkers to play polo with. The only word I understood was "T-bone", and I think it was a Japanese word for "T-bone". They probably don't have their own version .

Of course Telsa like all car companys destroys their prototypes somehow. I'll volunteer if it's POLO. Are you in PLO?
Quote:
Originally Posted by quade View Post
You mean something like ?

" We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)
cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:32 AM   #12
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default nice OSPTA (obligatory SEGWAY polo tangent attempt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiter View Post
Of course Telsa like all car companys destroys their prototypes somehow. I'll volunteer if it's POLO. Are you in PLO?
Sorry...while I do have a car that I could spare for this endeavor, I was a bit worried for all the participants. Maybe they have rules that are suppose to minimize crashes, but they didn't seem to work (or maybe just weren't being followed by a few players)?! No car polo for me...looks too expensive.

In segway polo bumps and collisions between segways happen infrequently. You'll actually be lucky if you see one this Sunday in Long Beach, because new players are even more careful (probably fearing having a foul called on them due to not having a firm grasp of the rules). And when it happens, rarely is it more than "back up, everyone stays mounted and just keep on playing".

Now at times people will fall off their segways all by themselves. They were going to fast, turned to sharply, didn't keep their center of gravity in the right place or just hit a wet spot (or a deep indentation) in the grass! Then you see a segway go sailing for 6 to 8 feet before shutting down...occasionally it cartwheels (potentialy breaking off a grip). That's the kind of thing that worries me. Now segway polo starts looking more like that car polo...well, except that you're by yourself so it's not really a collision between players.

Last edited by polo_pro; 06-26-2007 at 10:41 AM..
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote