SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #31
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen_d View Post
You probably mean hygroscopic. And yes, if you don't store in a sealed container that is impervious to moisture, it will absorb water out of the atmosphere. Some plastics will pass water vapor, so I always store (and most alcohol is sold in) tightly sealed metal cans.

Glen
That's fascinating, I'd never heard of this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #32
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberjack View Post
Yeah, I agree 3 weeks for this issue is a bummer.

Joe
Any chance you have a super dealer who would handle it for you under warranty, and get you a new sage cover?

John Kuhn
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #33
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Alcohol is good for cleaning

It helps prepare surfaces prior to applying things like adhesives. I know we use it often before putting on some of the seals that the Segway needs, such as around the gen one charging port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen_d View Post
You probably mean hygroscopic. And yes, if you don't store in a sealed container that is impervious to moisture, it will absorb water out of the atmosphere. Some plastics will pass water vapor, so I always store (and most alcohol is sold in) tightly sealed metal cans.
Glen
There are a number of things that are hygroscopic, Brake Fluid is one, and one of the reason you should change it often, as it takes on moisture and then become less effective during extreme useage. On the race track we require our drivers to have fresh brake fluid so that it does not boil during the intense braking that you have in that situation.

Astringent seems not to be the word in this case according to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/astringent but it would be if we were doing some human body repair! Though the usage of the alcohol is good as a cleaning agent. And once your done, a celebratory agent! - Though a different kind entirely!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #34
cyberjack
cyberjack is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Bent Biker Sage Advice Again.....

Customer service at Inc. agreed with you that it would fall under warranty.
I was very, happily surprised, and Dick Burke @ Segway Orange County whom I bought the i2 from was very helpful swapping it out. My wife was taking care of my elderly in laws today and was close by (we live about forty miles or so from the shop) and was able to pick it up for me. Now I just have to wait for her to get home.

PS sorry for the bad pun, I could not resist.
cyberjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #35
jcargal
jcargal is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

For folks looking for the surface prep to use at an automotive paint store...

The trade name is PPG/Ditzler DX330. I've been using it for almost 20 years. Your dealer may carry a different line of products, but if you ask for a cross between his line and DX330 then he will know what will be appropriate.

DX330 will strip anything from a surface, especially the Armor All line of protectants which cause fisheyes. Just ask your paint store guy for all the details...that's what he's there for.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #36
jharrington1943
jharrington1943 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Vinyl & fabric spray, works on both metal and plastic, no coating,more of a dye.
Can be bought at Auto Zone or Checker, not sure about the color selection.
jharrington1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #37
JM Wilber
JM Wilber is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default jm wilber

looks good nice job
JM Wilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #38
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

B-b-b-back from the dead!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #39
dblair
dblair is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I've used the Duplicolor Adhesion Promoter mentioned above with good results on several auto plastic jobs.
dblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #40
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM Wilber View Post
looks good nice job

I wonder what they look like now. It has been some time since they were painted. I wonder if it aged well.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote