SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #11
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Remember, at least one battery is going to have to be replaced. And even if it's the cheaper NiCD technology, it's still going to be considered a "specialty" battery that has to be hand made. What do you think it's going to cost? $500 per battery (and I believe up to 4 may need replacement)?
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #12
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
Remember, at least one battery is going to have to be replaced. And even if it's the cheaper NiCD technology, it's still going to be considered a "specialty" battery that has to be hand made. What do you think it's going to cost? $500 per battery (and I believe up to 4 may need replacement)?
if you put one new one in, wouldn't it degrade in performance to the level of the other 3? So in effect you're killing the new one early and will end up replacing again years prematurely. I'd think if you're shucking out almost 8 large and thought that was a steal, invest that other 2k you just "saved" and replace all the batteries to capitalize on their charging behavior. Just a thought.
Say...I've been out of town (and off the net) for a month...did you pick up an extra O or am I going batty?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPaxton View Post
if you put one new one in, wouldn't it degrade in performance to the level of the other 3? So in effect you're killing the new one early and will end up replacing again years prematurely. I'd think if you're shucking out almost 8 large and thought that was a steal, invest that other 2k you just "saved" and replace all the batteries to capitalize on their charging behavior. Just a thought.
Say...I've been out of town (and off the net) for a month...did you pick up an extra O or am I going batty?
Yup...constantly evolving! I passed the 1500 post mark becoming and "Advanced Member". And just like last year when I became a "Senior Member", I changed my name (though that time it was truncated from "plomoh" to "plo").

Besides with the extra "o", now I can claim every post I make is an OPTA! 8^) 8^) 8^)
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #14
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
Besides with the extra "o", now I can claim every post I make is an OPTA! 8^) 8^) 8^)
I wouldn't want them any other way!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote