SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Gatherings and Events

Notices

Gatherings and Events Talk and plan local gatherings, events, conventions, get togethers, meetings, glides, etc. here.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Exclamation Resistance is futile...

Any thing now.

"Peace is a oneway street with no crossroads and no dead ends." ~ 'ARL 91'

Dear: Steve, Sherry and webmaster @ bayareaseg:

Subject: It isn't what we did, It's how we did it.

Steve you were not kidding when you said "I am all about polo". That was a finely executed match and practice. I now have a new perspective on gliding and the history it forges. It would be an absolute pleasure to be involved in future events that require extra hands and things. I was wondering about game play in the following aspects.
I don’t know if you noticed but Steinberg was holding a leash on his dog ‘Honey’, it was marking line for job sites, yellow twine. My point is to better define goal heights, boxes of play, half marks and corner kick zones. (The grass is greener past the post lines.) It is very hard to back swing without foreground visual definition. I can make a free throw from half court backwards 4 out of 10 times. Low spikes and line to define limits and rule of play. Thank you for the days.

I know, build it and they will come. That takes me to my next subject.

Sherry, may I call you Sherry, Mrs. Molina? Great kids, nice back hand, play the midfield that’s where you can see everything. Welcome to the Segway Experience, It’s built to move and mobile has a proven track record. For the past 3 years I have watched patiently, many a glider, dig this and that but while waiting for the inevitable I was the guide. Some people call that a key word, I have no experience in the actual incorporation of Segway but I have just a few brutally factual suggestions.

Resistance is futile, gliders will do what they want to, the machine is bullet proof, but are you? The main and most for-most suggestion I can give you is two follow the next rules of public operation.
1. Have the tightest policy that mimics contracts to the letter.
a. Liability is the rider’s/ guest/ out of limits responsibility.
b. ISU Moorpark California
2. Ride the machines hard and put them away after every event, wet.
a. Rinse with H2O after every event, brush and dry, plug in and log time out and in.
b. Keeping the machines in this condition will always keep their resale value high.
c. Then when reason is apparent there is no argument.
3. Find the resale point for I-180 and I-167 parts, don’t shoot the horse, and replace it with new legs.
a. What is the torque for a Li battery?
b. Fenders break
c. Control Shafts are expensive 2900.00 USD
d. Say this and they are cautious.
4. Have Fun, It’s your glide time, It’s there for your connivance not theirs.
The polo boys:
See yaw all soon, MORE BAGPIPES, wingnut.
CRASH

Last edited by Mr_Laurenzano; 12-17-2007 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: Two, make a list and check it twice.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:46 PM   #2
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

If there was ever a doubt, it is clear that Mr L/Tony is hooked....

ps - I was very happy to meet Tony in person, and I do look forward to the next time he can join us for polo! And to pay tribute to his style of writing, "two and a half down or three and a half up, it's a hard line to tow for a labor of love!"
Old 12-20-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
LibertySegway
LibertySegway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player

When is the next POLO pratice? 59 said something about this saturday.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:28 PM   #4
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertySegway View Post
When is the next POLO pratice? 59 said something about this saturday.
Correct. Don/59 said on Saturday, 12/22, at noon. Dave Yost will be there, Dave Long won't. Please bring Ben if you can, since that'll give us 6 players. We'll probably work a bit on drills to build basic skills.

We plan to also practice on Saturday, 12/29 and Saturday, 1/5 since both dates precede the Sunnyvale match on the subsequent day. If you're interested in going, we should see if we can make arrangements to carpool to cut costs.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Thumbs up January

Polo:
We plan to also practice on Saturday, 12/29 and Saturday, 1/5 since both dates precede the Sunnyvale match on the subsequent day. If you're interested in going, we should see if we can make arrangements to carpool to cut costs.
Steve:
Slate me for Jan 5th, I can load up to 7 segs on/in my truck. That could leave room for car poolers, it gives me someone to follow, i get lost easy.
I have to wait for some tires and they have a sale on whiffel balls at the dollar store 5 for a buck, you tie a string to them you can play in the parking lot without the ball getting away.
Email me details.
Tony
Have a Happy New Year
Old 12-21-2007, 11:20 PM   #6
polo_pro
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Laurenzano View Post
Polo:
Steve:
Slate me for Jan 5th, I can load up to 7 segs on/in my truck. That could leave room for car poolers, it gives me someone to follow, i get lost easy.
I have to wait for some tires and they have a sale on whiffel balls at the dollar store 5 for a buck, you tie a string to them you can play in the parking lot without the ball getting away.
Email me details.
Tony
Have a Happy New Year
Sounds like Mr L/Tony already has his next trip up to NorCal for polo planned out! If you're suggesting hitting both Sac and Sunnyvale, then you are definitely right that we could load up all the segways in your truck and have the players all pack into another car. We should have thought of that idea last time, since SLong and his wife did the exact same thing as you!

Jan 5th is looking like another good practice up here in Sac. I'm betting we'll have 10 people again!