SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
eseethal
eseethal is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default X2 won´t start with infokey after revived batteries

To all the experts out there - maybe someone can help me here:

I got a X2 from a friend for repair. The 2 batteries were completely dead (9 volts / 3 volts). I could revive them sucessfully with an external applied 73 volt source, I got them to about 50 volts, now the two batteries get charged in the segway without any problems. The green lights were flashing after one night of loading. I even load tested these batteries, they seem to be working fine. But: I cannot start the Segway with the infokey. Unfortunately the second infokey is missing, so I cannot try with the second key. I checked the battery of the key (even hung it up to an external 3 volt power source), but when I hit the on/off button, I only see the little antenna-symbol, but without the little "waves" left and right to the antenna. The infokey enters the setup mode when I hit the 4 keys, but I cannot get a connection with the segway. I tried resetting the Segway by removing the batteries for the night, tried holding the on/off button for 4 seconds or more, tried starting with and without the power cord attached, but nothing helped.
Is there anything else I can look for or diagnose or try?

Thanks for any input!

Eugen
eseethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
bob@redrosesegtours
bob@redrosesegtours is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default wrong key?

Eugen,

Are you sure you have the correct infokey for the machine? Have you replaced the infokey battery? It may not have enough juice for communication with the base.

Bob
Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Also, I don't know the temperature there...

Some machines have a cold start problem. Not likely a factor, but reminds me of a faulty radio board...

Try plugging in the segway, then try to start it. It will start but then beep. You have about 5 seconds after it starts to unplug it.

Worth a try, at the least.

After that, you may need to get an info key programmed from the factory for that serial number, as they may not match...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 AM   #4
eseethal

5 yr Member

Bob, Karl,
thanks for your quick replies! The segway is from a family, they only have one segway, so the infokey has to be the right one. And yes, I changed the battery and when I check the battery status in the infokey with the light on, the battery bars only drop one bar. I even tried with an external 3 volt power source. And temperature cannot be the cause, we had an exceptionally warm weekend here in Austria for September. And I also tried starting with the power cord, but no connection with the segway.
We will try to get another key programmed for this serial. Maybe someone knows that: is the power feed for the radio board and the internal electronics the two main connectors in the rear battery? The little connectors are said to be only for the battery status, right? So if the batteries are flashing green while loading I can assume, that the radio board is supplied with power, right?

Greetings and thanks for your help!

Eugen
Old 09-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
bob@redrosesegtours
bob@redrosesegtours is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Hmmmmmm...

Hi Eugen,

Sorry for the delay.

If both battery lights are blinking, then the console is getting power. But the radio board may or may not be getting power - or maybe the radio board is bad. It's hard to tell.

I guess another possibility is to borrow a pair of batteries you know are good and try them on the machine. I understand there have been cases where revived and/or abandoned batteries have caused some strange problems.

And finally, has the machine ever had any other problems or been immersed in water? Multiple problems, poor seals, and/or mistreatment can be hard to diagnose.

Good luck.

Bob
Old 09-26-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
eseethal

5 yr Member

HI Bob,
thanks for your answer! The owner tells me, that the machine was functioning perfectly (before they stored it), so I assume that water should not have caused this problem. The owner tries to have its one remaining key reprogrammed and maybe we can find a pair of working batteries to test them on the Segway.

Thanks and greetings.........Eugen
Old 05-30-2018, 12:35 AM   #7
Stamptom
Stamptom is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default X2 with InfoKey start problem, similar

Hello. It's my first post! My X2 got a new set of batteries on eBay. They charge fine.
I have 2 InfoKeys. I have to press the start buttons many times and finally I get the red light and the warning noise. So I turn it off (many button pushes to turn it off!) Then I roll it back and forth a bit and try again. This time after a dozen pushes on start button and now I get green lights and I can ride. I have new batteries in my info start keys. It's very frustrating trying to get it started. And suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer.
Stamptom is offline   Reply With Quote