SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #41
GlennO
GlennO is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I did email my dealer, but I haven't gotten any reply back yet.

Both of these were listed on page 2 - but I really don't know just how accurate the descriptions are...

Post 14 E086 Propulsion subsystem
Post 18 E407 Rear CU Board reports Power Base Fault

Plain English would be nice.

Glenn
GlennO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #42
SegWayne
SegWayne will become famous soon enoughSegWayne will become famous soon enough

Location: On Grandparent tour, currently spoiling Grandchild in Texas
5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
I had mine quit on me yesterday afternoon, in the middle of a mall parking lot! I got the code E086, and had to walk it home. Every block I tried again, and on the 3rd try the error code changed to E407. I brought it home and charged it up (It was on 7 bars).

I got the same error this morning, so I took my racks and bags off and gave it a quick hose to remove yesterday's mud.
Two hours later, and it goes on with no error codes at all.
Does anybody have any idea if this is going to happen again?

Glenn
Did any of the mud/water get into the charging port? if so it maybe shorted out until you cleaned it. just a thought. also, 'cause you stay Hawaii, maybe the batteries overheated (combo of hot weather and reflection of hot pavement) and they did not cool correctly until you got home. be sure not to get that charging port submerged, (ie stay out of the taro fields).
Old 11-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #43
GlennO

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

No, there was only about 1/2" at best of mud in just a few places. The tire tread picked it up. I basically washed it out to clean it up before the dealer showed up. Of course, he hasn't replied to my emails yet. They keep wierd hours here.

As for the heat, that isn't a factor either. After the rain it was relatively cool - about 82 or so. I've been out riding at 89 degrees so many times it isn't funny. I've got pavement all the way too.

I haven't taken it back out yet. Inc. really didn't give me any good answers. I just hope and pray that I don't have to pull it home. I decided to swap the batteries. If it does break down again maybe I'll get lucky and get another code.

The really wierd part is that I will have had it for one year exactly - in another 7 days! I haven't crashed on it - ever. It has fallen over a few times while it was locked up, but that is it.

Wish me luck!

Glenn
Old 11-08-2007, 11:19 PM   #44
GlennO

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Well, I finally got enough courage to try it out again. This time I made it twice as far as the last time before it beeped me off. I got the same error codes - so I guess that it is going back.

Darn it!

Glenn
Old 11-12-2007, 10:01 AM   #45
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Got an E027 plus a wrench when I tried to start the other night. I had it plugged in the first time I tried to start it (oops) but got the error a few times after it was unplugged. Started with only half a charge and a red rear light. Anyone know what E027 means? Dealer thinks it's a connection problem. TIA
Old 11-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #46
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Will has cleared up E027 error in my other thread. Here are the details:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
Here is the following response for putting in that error code into the magic box of Gen Two Answers!

Error code: E027

The Rear CU Board reports: Fault detected in the battery pack attached to me

Recommended Action: (1) Swap positions of battery packs to verify fault follows that battery pack (Red charge indicator LED should accompany this error code when the PT is plugged into AC), (2) Replace battery pack if same error code is persistent
Old 12-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #47
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member
Default E014

I was going down to the local dealer to check out the new parking stand, but apparently the i2 is telling me it doesn't want one. It displayed E014 and would not start. I tried removing/swapping/reinstalling the batteries, but that didn't cure it.

Prior to this several weeks ago it displayed a red light on one of the charge indicators, which followed the battery when swapped. However the machine started normally, and after that the red light did not come back for a few weeks. Battery range has appeared to be very healthy. But I noticed the red light again a few nights ago, and again cured it by starting/stopping the machine. Now it's still showing green lights on both batteries today, but it is now displaying the error and will not start.

The dealer is requesting an RMA from INC.

Any thoughts?
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:41 AM   #48
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
Any thoughts?
I think it is just upset that you didn't take it on the Back Bay Glide.

Did Suzanne put a different battery on to see if the problem goes away? Or, does your 180 have L-ions?

John Kuhn
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:46 AM   #49
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

I suppose I will try switching one of the i180 batteries for the questionable one on the i2 and see if it starts. But it is showing normal green light charging right now, and even when it was showing a red light it started normally and resolved the red light. Strange.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #50
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
I suppose I will try switching one of the i180 batteries for the questionable one on the i2 and see if it starts. But it is showing normal green light charging right now, and even when it was showing a red light it started normally and resolved the red light. Strange.
This won't work. The i2 needs AF Li-Ions, and most i180's come with AB Li-Ions or AC Li-Ions. For those that may not realize what the two letters before "Li-Ions" means in the last sentence, each Li-Ion battery has a Rev number.

We run into this problem all the time in polo.

ps - I do remember a post from Pete a few months ago saying that one of his i180 batteries had been drained to the point of not taking a charge. If he replaced that Li-Ion, then he quite possibly may have a spare AF Li-Ion battery, because any new Li-Ion battery being sold today is AF Li-Ion.
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote