SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 05-18-2004, 06:42 PM   #21
vanclute
vanclute

5 yr Member

Here is what got sent to me from an Ebay Q Reseller when I tried to explain to him that his auction contained misleading and false information regarding the Q vs. the Segway. Definitely falls under the category of People Without A Clue.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

There is nothing misleading in my auction page. I tell the customer exactly what it has. I tell why its safer, because of its four wheel design, renerative breaks, reinforced decks and has added momanuervability. My scooter you can use as a dolley too. Coke, Pepsi and Snapple are working on deals to get scooters for there employees. This is not one of those cheap scooters, that are selling on Ebay, like theelectric chariot people mover and the Q mover and the super scooter. They come with no technical support, no addreess,no phone number, no reinforced deck and no regenerative breaks. Just to let you know, were in a law suit over the knock off scooters, we have the patten, are scooters are safe and we have technical support. You let those people selling knock off scooters copy my auction page and don not even do nothing. You never ridden my scooter, you have no ideal what its like. How can you make a dumb statement like the Segway is much better, when you have never ridden my
scooter. Some people are so ignorant. You should be worried about the member selling knock off scooters of mine, they are really un safe. They are being sued too. If Seway is so much better, then why is coke working on a deal with us. Our scooter will be on the Ellen show too. If you care to take a look.
vanclute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:22 PM   #22
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

OH GOD! LOL Has that guy ever ridden a Segway? LOL Vanclute, do you have a link to that auction? I want to write to him as well.

-Sal

Think Different
www.apple.com

Answers that Matter
www.lilly.com

Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:34 PM   #23
RAG1247
RAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud of

there is no question that the ht is more innovative and novel

however it should be since it is 4 times the cost

whatever is said on this forum relative to the shortcomings of the Q are meaningless since the general public doesn't read segwaychat.

the makers of Q are getting their product in front of consumers, are promoting it and probably have sales that will continue to increase, particularly based on the huge price differential.

the only way to counter the Q is for segway to get their unit in front of consumers and explain the advantages - rad2go's site now states that it is going to be on the ellen degenares show

we need segway to increase their promotion of one of the greatest pieces of technolgy - we can't do it.

Q will probably be successful and keep modifying their product if for no other reason, the vast majority of people cannot afford the cost of a segway

in fact walmart now sells them for $994 (the newest version) and states that they will be in the next James Bond and superman movies - their marketing people are doing their job!

Richard
Ft. Lauderdale

[img=left]http://www.sonyguy.com/stars_rag2.gif[/img=left] If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around you[image]http://www.sonyguy.com/stars2.gif [/image]
RAG1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:36 PM   #24
RAG1247
RAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud of

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SegwayUtah

In Fortune magazine, there is a photo of a "well-dressed hip" man riding the Rad2Go Q stand-up scooter down a street/sidewalk. A friend of mine pulled it out to show me that I could now get a Segway with a big headlight on the front.

I hope people don't start riding Qs in the public, thinking that they are covered by EPAMD laws. But even more, I hope that people don't start thinking that Qs are anything like Segways.

Q = stand-up electric scooter (a wolf in Segway-like clothing?)
Segway = self-balancing robot human transporter

As time goes on, it becomes more important to stress the difference between a stand-up scooter and a self-balancing human transporter. At least now we can pull out a picture and say "no, _this_ is a scooter, one that's trying to pretend to be a Segway."

Chris
chris can you scan in the picture - was it an ad or an editorial or article???? - was there a picture of the segway in that issue???

Richard
Ft. Lauderdale

[img=left]http://www.sonyguy.com/stars_rag2.gif[/img=left] If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around you[image]http://www.sonyguy.com/stars2.gif [/image]
Old 05-18-2004, 08:00 PM   #25
vanclute
vanclute

5 yr Member

The auction in question is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3677854384

The guy's even local to me, but funny he certainly didn't offer to come show me his wonder-vehicle.

J
Old 05-18-2004, 08:16 PM   #26
vanclute
vanclute

5 yr Member

I just sent him the following:
__________________________________________________ _________________

I think I would really like to find out more about it, and see what it is actually capable of. I notice you are local to me (I'm in Sunnyvale). Would you or your company be willing to meet me some time with my Segway so we could compare them side-by-side? I admit I have never seen a Q or other knock-off scooter other than in pictures, so I should at least see one in person before I form my opinion.

Please let me know if you would be willing to participate in this little experiment. Thanks!

Jonathan
Old 05-18-2004, 09:18 PM   #27
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

Vanclute, please please keep us posted! This is going to be good. Maybe it'll be another Brucewright vs Q?

-Sal

Think Different
www.apple.com

Answers that Matter
www.lilly.com

Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:46 PM   #28
ZoliHonig
ZoliHonig is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vanclute

Our scooter will be on the Ellen show too. If you care to take a look.
And do you know how many shows the segway has been on???
Arrested developement, all over the news, not to mention the specials focused directly on Dean Kamen, and a nice sized segment on the segway.

I don't even have words to say about this guy.

-Zoli
ZoliHonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:00 PM   #29
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

What will be interesting is the marketing plan for this thing. I am sure they plan on selling more than the Segway has already (and cheaper does sell) but what will also be interesting is the pre-owned market - has anyone seen these on used on eBay yet? At least the HT holds its value!

Will W Hopper,IFDA
Washington, DC, USA
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #30
RAG1247

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ZoliHonig

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vanclute

Our scooter will be on the Ellen show too. If you care to take a look.
And do you know how many shows the segway has been on???
Arrested developement, all over the news, not to mention the specials focused directly on Dean Kamen, and a nice sized segment on the segway.

I don't even have words to say about this guy.

-Zoli
unfortunately, it's what on today not last week, last month or last year

Richard
Ft. Lauderdale