SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
IcanGlide
IcanGlide is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default "Pee" Test

I am starting a new job next week and with the usual background check comes the drug test. On Monday, my recruiter called and told me that he was sending a packet for a drug screen by Fed-ex. At 10:05 yesterday morning it arrived, and I called for an appointment but they said just come on in.

I'm thinking it will be the usual tinkle test so I drink a glass of water before I leave for good measure. Were you able to see me now, you would be looking at a very stupid man. By the time I hit Westgate Parkway, my horizon was yellow. MapQuest said come off the circle onto Perry, take a right onto Westgate Pkwy, and EMSI is on the left. Nothing doing. I couldn't find Perry. So I took a left headed back to 84 because I thought it was close to Primecare, nope. I turned around at Walgreen's and realized that I had to bail out. HOBO Pantry here I come. It was then that I also realized that if the lab had been in the middle of the street and I had been required to tinkle for them, that it would have been for nought. I would have blasted that cup right out of my hands. Hoover dam couldn't have generated a stream that big. You know the sound your computer makes when Windows starts to load? Well if God had enabled us to make more than one note at a time, that's the sound we would make when we pee. I buy a candy bar just to say thanks.

Back in the truck, headed North, still looking on the left. When I had called them earlier, they answered Healthsomethingorwhatever, so I don't really know the name of the business, my paperwork says EMSI. When I see 231 North, I pull over and call them for directions. The lady says if you're coming off of 84 they are 1/2 mile north of Walgreen's on the RIGHT. I had passed it twice. My bladder is full again. I drive past it again because of the name thing but I catch the next street, turn around, and finally arrive. Praying that the bladder rivets hold.

There are no other cars in the parking lot so I think I can get some relief pretty soon. The lady said to take a seat and she would bring me the stuff I was to sign in a minute. Minutes are long when you are in distress, and I'm starting to drown. Paperwork signed and into the back room we go. The man directs me to a chair and starts taking things out of the packet, getting ready for samples. I'm thinking "gimme the cup, gimme the cup, gimme the cup." He's ready now, tells me to turn my face towards the wall on my left (I'm not nervous because I'm sitting down and I still have my clothes on) and proceeds to cut three chunks of hair off the back of my head.

I am disgusted. Here, I have "saved" myself for this man, and he gaps the back of my head. I express my feelings and he tells me that I can use their restroom in a minute. BUT at that moment, a hobo comes in off the street in dire straits and asks to use the bathroom. I count the money in my wallet and would gladly give it all for an empty Prince Albert can if one could be found. Hobo leaves, I get happy, saunter back out to the truck and leave. New bladder size: gallon and a half.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Frank
IcanGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
Timezkware Tim
Timezkware Tim will become famous soon enoughTimezkware Tim will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

LOLOL. Good story. By coincidence, I just took a drug test 2 days ago for my job. More and more businesses are doing it these days.

Tim
Timezkware Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Do you know what the laws are regarding companys that drug-test applicants who have a legally recognized phisician's recommendation to use medical cannabis?
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
behindblueeyes
behindblueeyes is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Baldness

What do they do if you are bald? No chunks of hair to take? Just wondering. Tony
behindblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

pluck some nose hairs...one by one. Hopefully they don't head South...

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
Timezkware Tim
Timezkware Tim will become famous soon enoughTimezkware Tim will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindblueeyes View Post
What do they do if you are bald? No chunks of hair to take? Just wondering. Tony
They will take pubic hair if neccessary.

Your hair grows about 1/64 of an inch a day. A hair smaple can tell if you've taken drugs even several months ago. It was said that the reason Britney Spears shaved her head was to avoid proving that she was taking drugs while her kids were infants. If her estranged husband wasn't making an issue of this, it's probable that she wouldn't even be in rehab.

I don't know all the particulars of the law re: drug testing, but if you refuse to do it and have that legal right, you can assume that the company will find some other reason not to hire you or fire you. It's not so much a moral issue, IMO, but a matter of medical insurance liability and costs. The ironic thing in my business is that if you take a reletively harmless drug like marijuana, you won't be hired to be a liquor (addictive drug) salesperson, lol.

My test came up positive for caffine (coffee) and famotidine (Pepsid AC), BTW.

Tim
Timezkware Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
teekay
teekay

5 yr Member

I drug test my workers at random, I tell them we will be drug testing tomorrow, so bring in your drugs and I will test them!

Works great every time!

Tim
teekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #8
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I would be more likely to think that Brittany decided to go back to blonde and shaved her head for that reason. You really can't go from a dark dye to a light color without just cutting it all off and starting over again. I've had to do it 3x in my checkered hair history. LOL (I know, TMI)
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
I would be more likely to think that Brittany decided to go back to blonde and shaved her head for that reason. You really can't go from a dark dye to a light color without just cutting it all off and starting over again. I've had to do it 3x in my checkered hair history. LOL (I know, TMI)
Pam

YOu have shaved your head three times? Wow! You know I do it on a regular basis, but nature gives me a "head"start. I have a deal with the big guy. He keeps 2/3rds hairless, I keep the following 1/3 clear...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 03-10-2007 at 11:27 AM..
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #10
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Pam
I was wondering why she had checkered hair? Is Pam a chess or checkers fanatic and likes to take the game with her? Curioser and curioser.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote