SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:04 PM   #21
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal
I agree, this is not merely a land grab, it cuts much deeper than that. This is all truly about ideology -- radical Islam's warped worldview.

-Sal
Remember, there are two different subjects we are talking about here.

Hezbollah and Hamas and the reclamation of what they see as their land (again, I'm not saying it is, only their perspective that it is).

Al Quaeda and the like who are trying to bring down non-Sharia compliant countries.

Neither is mutually exclusive of each other BUT their stated objectives may be different.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:10 PM   #22
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroGo
Steven, I find myself often agreeing with much you say, but here I find you talking out of both sides of your mouth. So you are saying that it is a land grab not just to destroy infidels, and, oh, by the way, they want all the infidels dead too. I find it hard to reconcile that.

Hezbollah and Hamas and the reclamation of what they see as their land (again, I'm not saying it is, only their perspective that it is)...which I call the Land Grab.

Al Quaeda and the like who are trying to bring down non-Sharia compliant countries, which is the death to the infidels.

Neither is mutually exclusive of each other BUT their stated objectives may be different.

Quote:
Also interesting that you address Zoli: "Because at that time you owned (and still do) something that they believe is their birthright. The rest of Israel." Zoli's location says NY. hehe, a little irony.
Nah, more of a slip. I was talking about the Israelis, not Zoli in particular.

Quote:
On another small but interesting point, if there are Muslims that aren't interested in Segway because it was invented by a Jew (Pam's anecdote - maybe on the other Israel thread), then I could not even imagine the amount of science and technology they would have to turn away from. A search of "Jewish" in Wikipedia's article on the Manhattan Project would indicate that they would have to ignore nukes too.
Agreed. But remember, strange bedfollows in strained times. BTW, I have sold more than 50 Segways to Muslims, and I'm sure there are many more. This anecdote is cute but that's about it.

BTW, the Manhattan Project was the first to "develop" the atom bomb...there were others close behind. As a totally off-topic comment, my physics teacher at UCSD had worked on the Manhattan Project ... boy did he have great stories to tell.

Steven
Old 07-25-2006, 12:24 PM   #23
GyroGo
GyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Seg
BTW, the Manhattan Project was the first to "develop" the atom bomb...there were others close behind.
It's probably not very PC of me to say this, but if you take away all the science and technology by ALL infidels, take away the money from oil, the Muslim countries that would be "close behind" would be so by about a thousand years.

I hope humans can still inhabit this planet a thousand years from now.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #24
Desert_Seg

5 yr Member

Quote:
It's probably not very PC of me to say this, but if you take away all the science and technology by ALL infidels, take away the money from oil, the Muslim countries that would be "close behind" would be so by about a thousand years.

I hope humans can still inhabit this planet a thousand years from now.
I'm going to be even more un-PC. Background:

I have a very good Saudi friend. Father is a US educated PHD professor at one of the leading Saudi Universities, Mother is college graduate (very rare in Saudi at her age), both sons are US college graduates, and their daughter (who now is in her early 30's) was sent to school in the US (high school and college because her parents thought it would be in her best interest.

This family is very well off, very well educated, and very open minded. Like many Saudis, they also have a series of maids, a couple of which were Filipino. All their staff are treated as close to family as is socially acceptable.

One day, sitting at their house chit chatting, somebody (one of their guests) made a comment about how he couldn't believe that Filipino's belonged on earth as they were dirty. Eisa (my friend) responded in a one line major cut down (I'm paraphrasing as I dont know the exact words):

There but for Allah's will go you. If oil had been found in the Phillipines and not here, we would all be in the Phillipines making their beds and serving their drinks. You need to think of that the next time you make fun of them.

Eisa then threw the guy out and let everybody know that he would do it to them too.

Anyway, I agree with Eisa. It is all luck of the draw.

Oman, almost no oil, 90 KM in one direction, 9% of the world's oil reserves.
Dubai, almost no oil, 160 KM in one direction, 9% of the world's oil reserves.

Sometimes I wish that the deserts would be turned into giant glass plates (sand (silica) + heat = glass)....let's see where people stand then.

Sad, but I don't think we will be around in 1,000 years. If we don't kill ourselves one by one, we will destroy the planet.

Steven
Old 07-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #25
RC Mike
Account Suspended
RC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Seg

Hezbollah and Hamas and the reclamation of what they see as their land (again, I'm not saying it is, only their perspective that it is)...which I call the Land Grab.

Al Quaeda and the like who are trying to bring down non-Sharia compliant countries, which is the death to the infidels.

On this very narrow technical issue, I would agree with Steven. But something tells me, that in Zoli's hypothisis (in addition to a bunch of pissed off Ugandans) that these people who have no skills to speak of, no job prospects, no worthwile government, Etc. would find something else to be mad at, and would probably quickly become Al Queda of Palestine.

Mike
RC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:22 PM   #26
GyroGo
GyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike
(in addition to a bunch of pissed off Ugandans)
And the 16% of the Ugandan population that are Muslim (according to the CIA Factbook) would be really REALLY pissed off .

GyroGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #27
ZoliHonig
ZoliHonig is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I mentioned Uganda because that was suggested to the Jews living in English Palestine as a state.
ZoliHonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:34 PM   #28
RC Mike
Account Suspended
RC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

I was just poking a little fun trying to make a point. That no matter where someone "set-up" a state, it will not make people happy. See also Iraq, Turkey, Chekozlovakia, pretty much all of Africa, India, Pakistan, Etc.

[joke]The only real unoccupied land around is Antartica, and putting the jews there will really piss Al Gore off, so it looks like bad news for the jews.[/joke]
RC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:13 PM   #29
GyroGo

5 yr Member

Quote:
That no matter where someone "set-up" a state, it will not make people happy. See also Iraq, Turkey, Chekozlovakia, pretty much all of Africa, India, Pakistan, Etc.
That explains why New Yorkers are so unhappy.

OK, calm down, it's a joke. I'm a Jew married to a Catholic.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:42 AM   #30
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
[joke]The only real unoccupied land around is Antartica, and putting the jews there will really piss Al Gore off, so it looks like bad news for the jews.[/joke]
I would think, if one were to actually listen to Al Gore, he seems to think that antartica is headed for a semi tropical climate. Just what Israel has now. Coincidence? Maybe not...

Actually, I'm good with Israel where it is. I seem to recall a popular book that spoke of Abraham hanging out there a few thousand years before Mohamed was born. So much for the palestinians wanting to 'take their land back'.

Find a dictionary or enclyclopedia from before the 40s. You may be surprised to see the definintion of palestinian. My dictionary includes, in part, the presumption of "Jews from the area around Jeruslem"...

And lastly, even though I believe Steven believes what he says about the different factions of radical Muslims that hate Jews for different reasons, and therefore are all separate and not-so-connected a problem, I cannot agree. That would be the same as saying that the Germans and the Japanese could not be called enemies during WW2, because they had different agendas, and had very different reasons for killing americans. As if we could not call them common enemies.

I don't care why a particular person wants to kill any jewish baby. They are all wrong to go there. It shows me comonality when they blow up buidings in NY and Washington DC, overlook the Israeli military and bomb children in Haifa, allow their own children to starve rather than accept help from Israeli aid workers, or thumb their nose at Pam, because she is on a scooter that a jew invented, blow up partiers in Bali, car bomb US Marines in Lebanon, Kill other "less moslims" and their children, Kill Russian school children, etc. This paragraph could go on for pages...

It is nice that Steven was able to offer a list of Moslim leaders that condemned some terrorist attacks, but it did not make much press here. Perhaps the press where Steven lives is almost as 'hate America" as the press is here...

I do recall a (I believe he was a Saudi Prince) that had a check and offered it to Rudi Guliani right after the world trade center bombings. He offered the money, but it came with a lecture on how the United States had brought it on themselves... I am proud to say he refused the check and sent the man on his way...

I do believe that people should be allowed to live their lives in peace, and the governments should stay out of it.... Unless someown is in danger of gettin hurt. THen the governments need to protect their citizens...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote