SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:51 AM   #11
bvelke
bvelke will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

This is what we use:
http://www.listentech.com/products/LS-06_overview.php

They use rechargeable batteries. One-ear receivers fit under helmets. We wipe off the earpiece with a disinfectant towelette between tours. They aren't cheap and the transmission distance could be greater but we're pretty happy with them.

Bob Velke
SegTours, LLC
Gettysburg, PA
www.SegTours.com
bvelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #12
seglander
seglander is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I am looking for pricing on dosposable headphone but was also thing that most people have iPods etc and could use there own headphones if they were a standard size.

Here is an exampe of a supplier

Last edited by seglander; 02-04-2009 at 08:48 AM..
seglander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #13
bvelke
bvelke will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by seglander View Post
I am looking for pricing on dosposable headphone but was also thing that most people have iPods etc and could use there own headphones if they were a standard size.
They are the standard headphone jack size but I've never had anyone ask to use their own headphones. For one thing, most people don't own a one-ear variety and that is more practical for this purpose. For safety sake, I probably wouldn't even allow them to wear a headphone in both ears (or in one ear with the risk of the other cord dangling).

Anyway, headphones for the Listen Tech system are built into the price of the package.
bvelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #14
ian purvis
ian purvis is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
I'm curious what wireless internet has to do with the headset.
Ashley meant to say bluetooth, that's why they can only work between two headsets.

Ashley and I have been using them for 12 months on our 1 hour trip each way to work. Even in strong winds the sound is crystal clear. Even with around 50,000km of combined segway travel it's still great to get a headsup from your glide buddy on things coming up... humps, bumps, deaf and blind pedestrians, and pretty girls
ian purvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian purvis View Post
Ashley meant to say bluetooth, that's why they can only work between two headsets.

Ashley and I have been using them for 12 months on our 1 hour trip each way to work. Even in strong winds the sound is crystal clear. Even with around 50,000km of combined segway travel it's still great to get a headsup from your glide buddy on things coming up... humps, bumps, deaf and blind pedestrians, and pretty girls
50,000Km's, man that's a lot of gliding, even between two of you.

The motorcycle training guys tend to use a voice activated mic (instructor)with an earpiece that clips over the ear and fits under a helmet pupil), although I think this is one way only, so probably no shouting back at the instructor that he's lost you in the traffic!!!!. I guess they must transmit over a reasonable distance and noise level?

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote