SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #11
MattG
MattG is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rmgt View Post
I am not sure the company names, but I believe there are 2 rental companies that meet in Millenium Park to start.

I have never done them, so I can't really give a solid review.

If I am free, I am up for a glide!
That's correct, plus there are a few more. First, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm the city manager of one of them - City Segway Tours - so know that going in and I promise not to turn this into a commercial, I promise.

That said, there is our tour (on Randolph at the north end of Grant Park), Bike and Roll (also at the north end of Grant Park) and City Segway Experience on Jackson that a few people have recommended in this thread as well. Steve's Segway Tours is at the corner of Columbus and Monroe and there is at least one operator that runs north from Navy Pier (and also south into the park if I'm not mistaken).

Most of us center on Grant Park, the Museum Campus and the associated paths around there.

As for Millennium Park, while it's true that we can't take tours through the park itself, we can use the sidewalks that ring that area and give people a good sense of bearings if they want to go back later.

Regardless, Grant Park is huge and most of it is free of major foot traffic, so if the Mill. Park ban is holding people back, it's worth reconsidering.
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote