SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
hibmep
hibmep is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Headset, Mic.& EarPeace

Has anyone found a good workable Headset/Earpeace to use to talk to Gliders on a tour? Has anyone used a good set and if so where? Steve
hibmep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
ashley
ashley

5 yr Member

I myself use a BLUE ANT interphone which works between 2 segways in all weather conditions and speeds up to 80mph ( if that was possible, well dreams are free ) and works seemlessly with my IPHONE using WI FI. It has a range of 250 feet and works perfect. I have been using it now for 2 years without a single problem. It makes riding much more pleasurable when you can talk to your fellow rider. Perfect clear speech on the phone or to your fellow rider in all wind conditions. These sets are designed for motor bikes. The only drawback being only able to talk to to one other person without re sinking to another headset.
ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

I'm curious what wireless internet has to do with the headset.
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
seglander
seglander is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

This stuff is the best I've seen

These ones have noise cancellation but I think they are too heavy when hanging on the ears

This is a handier option, plus people could bring along their own headphones and plug in.

Of course this stuff is very expensive but its really excellent. We are looking at alternatives and weighing up the options.

Sennheiser tour link
Old 01-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by seglander View Post
This stuff is the best I've seen

These ones have noise cancellation but I think they are too heavy when hanging on the ears

This is a handier option, plus people could bring along their own headphones and plug in.

Of course this stuff is very expensive but its really excellent. We are looking at alternatives and weighing up the options.

Sennheiser tour link

I can't wait to hear all the people who will chime in with exercises to strengthen your ears. You need to consult with AAArold Schwartenegger!

I have heard that segways will make you fat and lazy. This is the first I have heard that they do the same thing to your ears...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I can't wait to hear all the people who will chime in with exercises to strengthen your ears.
Ask and ye shall receive.

I think I've mentioned I work with neuroscientists...
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
OregonForester
OregonForester will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

My Bride and I use Motorolla FRS radios when we glide. The radios themselves fit easily into a leansteer bag sidepocket, and the VOX headset cables are plenty long enough.

Also, they are cheap and easy to replace.

[edit to add]
Another thing that we have found that works very well are cheap "dingy bells" (the kind that you had as a kid on your tricycle!) The person in the lead can easily "ding" when an irregularity (bump, pothole, obstruction) is encountered, so that everyone following can take precautions.
I usually have my Bride lead, so that (heaven forbid) I am the first one struck by the vehicle, and also so that she can set the pace....not only that, but even after 39 years together, I still enjoy the view!
[end edit]

Last edited by OregonForester; 01-29-2009 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: added content
OregonForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #8
hibmep

5 yr Member
Default Headset,Mic&Earpeace

Thanks for the info. I talked to Blue Ant today, theres is for 2 people only so will not work on a tour group. I will call Sennheiser in the morning. Someone must be using a system on a tour to talk to gliders. Steve
Old 01-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Presumably, your tourists will have helmets on. Make sure you take that into account when choosing a headset. Earbuds would not be a hygienic option unless you replace the buds every time. Also, if you offer a headset with both ears covered, you open yourself up to a liability issue if they are injured because they couldn't hear an emergency vehicle, etc; in some localities, it might even be illegal to use both ears, as with bikes in most places.

John Kuhn
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 AM   #10
hibmep

5 yr Member
Default Headset,Mic/Earpeace

Yes, we do require helmets,so far the only Mics I can find to go on helmets are for 2 way system used for a motorcycle and ONLY one recever. I would like to find an ear, one ear only for each rider that slips over top of ear for speaker. This seems like a simple system but I still can not find one that looks like it could work. Steve