SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
i1 2move
i1 2move is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile insurance

Hy folks!
Doing the homework for our new business there came up the question of hte insurance.

What is covered by the insurances you subscribed to?
Theft and damage of the Segway? Injuries of the driver he is not to make responsable for? Injuries of third persons, caused by the driver?

Are there international operating insurance companies and in which range are the monthly costs for an insurance like this?

Thanks in advance for your time...

Olaf.
i1 2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default What kind of business are you looking to insure?

Is it a tour business, a marketing business, a rental business, or a dealership?

Each and everyone would have different coverage needs.

And insurance in the EU I would think would be different from that here in the USA.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
i1 2move

5 yr Member

Of course, your right, I think in Europe it is a bit more relaxed, especially where I am located. I expect my local competitors here to not have any insurance at all... We will start with a rental and a tour business.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
Is it a tour business, a marketing business, a rental business, or a dealership?

Each and everyone would have different coverage needs.

And insurance in the EU I would think would be different from that here in the USA.

While I agree that insurance in Europe will be different than in the US, there are many non-US and specifically European gliders who frequent this forum, and they may have more region specific information to offer...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
C3RS
C3RS is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Wink

In my European Country (France), you don't "MUST" an proper insurrance for the Segway because it's an personal mobility device like an wheelchair.

But...

If you glide on bicycle path, you "must" have an insurance like an scooter...to prevent the damage caused to the other car (or pedestral crash) with the Segway.

this is not a guarantee against theft but for the protection of property (third collision).

it is not too expensive ... 120 € / year like.

If you don't use the bicycle path (use sidewalk at the limited speed), you're home insurance (like for school child) protect you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Segway i2 (White) - 4500 kms - batteries dead after 1,5 years.
C3RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
i1 2move

5 yr Member

Very interresting! Merci bien pour votre temps... Today I found two insurance companies that give insurances for Segways. One of them is the AXA (think they operate at least Europe-wide). I asked for the price of a "full kasko" for the damages of the machines, and they asked me if I also like to cover the "third party" things.
If they only charge an amount you mentioned before, we will do this as well.

Hope to get a quick answer for my requests... and if so, I of course post it here for other European Tours..
Old 02-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
herbw
herbw is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default I get mine from State Farm

We have our Segways insured with State Farm, for just under $200 each per year in Portland, Oregon. This covers theft and collision ($100 deductable) and liability. (I'm not sure whether this includes a discount for also having our home and cars insured with State Farm.) Note that this is an individual rather than a business policy -- we don't rent segways or sell tours.
herbw is offline   Reply With Quote