SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Chicago Tour!

I will be going to Chicago May 23 and 24th! I know this info could probably be found elsewhere, but I figured I'd just ask to save time. Is there a nice tour operation in Chicago located near the Magnificent Mile? Is there any outfit that provides daily rentals in Chicago? I plan to do some sightseeing on the 24th and was wondering if I could rent one as, it would be impossible to walk!

Please let me know if anyone has info/if someone has one I could rent out/borrow in the area. It would just be for that day and would be returned. I could give my license as collateral!! Also do SC members get a discount on rentals. If no rental is availible I would consider a tour as that would be nice, are there SC discounts on those. Please let me know if anyone has info/suggestions. Thanks and have a great day!

Jeremy Ryan

P.S. If anyone wants to meet up in Chicago during these days, I would love to meet with a fellow SC member. Just PM me!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
4rmgt
4rmgt is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I am not sure the company names, but I believe there are 2 rental companies that meet in Millenium Park to start.

I have never done them, so I can't really give a solid review.

If I am free, I am up for a glide!

Personal sites:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4rmgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
MagiMike
MagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

http://www.citysegwaytours.com/chicago/

http://www.segwayexperience.com/tours/chicago.html
MagiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
Cube128
Cube128 will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I reccomend the Segway Experience tour, they do a really good job, I've done tours with them twice now. They've got quite the collection of machines, so if you ask real nicely you might get a p, an xt, or maybe an i2!
Cube128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #5
Kurtois
Kurtois is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I will be visiting Chicago on July 9th and 14th.

I was hoping on the 14th I could do a Chicago Tour by Segway. I too, am looking for any opinions on the tour companies in Chicago. I noticed a tour company that said they are the "David" (as in David and Goliath) of Segway tours (Steve's Segway Tours, I think?). Anyway, would appreciate anyone's input on this.
Kurtois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
wannaseg
wannaseg is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Has anybody else done this recently and any other recommendations? We're in northwest Indiana so Chicago is not so far. We never really thought about doing a Segway tour there because we've been there a lot but I saw these postings and now it sounds like a good idea.
wannaseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Kurtois
Kurtois is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Unfortunately, no one ever responded to my query last year. I did contact that Steve's Tours. The gentleman running that company and I had a conversation a couple times. He wasn't the nicest fellow. Told me something to the effect of, I was wasting his time. I think I would think twice about using his service.
Kurtois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
wannaseg
wannaseg is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Sad. It sounded like a fun way to see the city. We do the touristy stuff when we visit like the horse carriages etc. so a Segway would have been a blast. Or maybe not, depending on the crowds of pedestrians I've seen sometimes!
wannaseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
fathertime
fathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Smile Tours of Historic Riverside

Hi-
We offer tours of Historic Riverside (just outside of Chicago proper) on a regular basis, or we can customize a tour of the Chicago lake front for you (minimum of four people to book). Please call the shop to reserve a tour.
LaGrange, Il. 60525
(708) 352-1685
fathertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #10
4rmgt
4rmgt is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I have actually be on Jim's tour of Riverside. I think it is quite nice and enjoyable. Great way to see an area with a ton of history but without the crowds of the lakefront.

Recently I was near the Millenium park and the security guards for the park stated to me that Segways were not allowed because the Tour operator there ignored the rules and treated them with major dis-respect. SO now they don't allow Segways at all.

Not sure what tour operator they spoke of, but they motioned toward the one that started on Randolph by Daley BiCentennial.

It was dis-heartening to hear this.

Personal sites:

4rmgt is offline   Reply With Quote