SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #51
BillK
BillK will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Nora -
Thanks - I did not realize (as I am rather new here) that there was a long standing thing here.

I see that MacGeek has "ignored" all of Karl's posts. This in response to the "respect" issue. This happened because of a non-segway (open forum - off topic) discussion. Consequently - (my problem again) I and others will not get to see MacGeeks input to anything that Karl says. Now - if each of us put TEN people on this forum into the ignore filter, this board could cease to exist in just a couple of weeks.

I like Polo's idea of giving people positive strokes - this board and the number of Seg lovers is just not enough to sustain many ignore filters.

But - I am pushing jello up a rope again...
I just gotta quit that!

Bill
BillK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #52
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Bill,

What you say makes sense, for as far as you know. THe history that Jon (Macgeek) and I have goes back several years, and this latest dust-up is not the cause of any particularly significant change in that.

Both Jon and I have a tendency to be overly dramatic when the mood hits us, and while he seems to be deniing you his commentary on my posts as some sort of a punishment to me, it seems misplaced by my standards...

You can believe it or not, but Jon has done far more damaging things to me than what you have witnessed in this thread, and much of that has lead to this latest dust up.

I am sure from his perspective, I have also wronged him. I do not agree, but that does not make his opinion less valid, and from his perspective, I may be the one who instigates. I don't know, and frankly, I am not really interested. Too much negativism has passed.

I do appreciate your efforts to keep this site positive, and afloat, but that does not recognise some of the back biting and very mean things that goes on here... In my opinion the best way to get along, is to get along. It is not to avoid things...

I know that my opinions are not universally accepted, but I do not attack people for their opinions. I may decare that a positon or action is flawed, but that is where I start he dissent. I try not to engage in baiting (But do fail sometimes and fall to the lowest common denominator) but often do aggressively attack actions and positions that I do not see as good for this community, or for the community around us.

So, I respectfully disagree with your assertion that we should just not discuss topics where we do not agree. I think it is fun. I will agree that we need not let it destroy us, but there are larger forces doing that now anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #53
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default better get moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillK View Post
But - I am pushing jello up a rope again...
I just gotta quit that!

Bill

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #54
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default There's ALWAYS Room for JELLO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPaxton View Post
I think if you thread the rope THRU the jello it would be easier to push up a rope

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something right™

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #55
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

Default chin chin

This jello is 80 proof - so shoot the jello and push the rope aside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I think if you thread the rope THRU the jello it would be easier to push up a rope

Jonathan

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
Old 02-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #56
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
This jello is 80 proof - so shoot the jello and push the rope aside.
I wanna be on the glide right after those bowls are consumed. That should be fun!

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #57
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I wanna be on the glide right after those bowls are consumed. That should be fun!
Operating machinery under the influence? Seriously? I wouldn't have thought you'd condone that.

If you do decide to go, be certain to get video and post it on YouTube.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #58
nora k
nora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
hey! there better be extra bowls of that for the shots you've already committed to others!

Last edited by nora k; 02-14-2008 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: ones/shots... continuity is integral to a good post
nora k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:10 PM   #59
BillPaxton

I'm making you your own batch! ...just have to figure out how to get 6 gallons of jello shots on an airplane now! Anyone near Indy with a kitchen I can borrow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nora k View Post
hey! there better be extra for the ones you've already committed to others!

Old 02-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #60
KSagal

All you need is a small heat source to boil the water.

Let me know how it goes trying to sneak a small propain camp stove onto the plane in your carry on luggage...LOL